Timeline for servers shutdown

Disney Infinity

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Not sure if anyone cares, but I got this email with key dates..

Attention, Toy Box Builders:

Since announcing that we will discontinue the production of Disney Infinity, we've been exploring timelines for the closure of the game's online versions and community features. Our goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what you can expect. It's important to note that:
The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer
Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and you will be able to upload and download any of your favorite Toy Box creations
Below is an overview of the timelines and additional details are available on our FAQ pages.

As of today (July 29, 2016)
No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
To learn more about which services of Disney Infinity are being removed or information related to your game version, visit our Closing FAQs located here for additional information.

Please check the Disney Infinity website frequently prior to March 3, 2017 as we will provide the Disney Infinity community with news and status of the game across all platforms should the status change.

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm through the years.

The entire Disney Infinity team
Saw it posted news on TA the other day. It sucks I need to find out what achievements I need in all 3 games before shut down, I may just have to skip getting them if it's closing certain parts quickly.
That does suck, one of the few Disney things I liked and they are shutting it down. I just picked up a bunch of figures too.
The biggest problem was it wasn't like Skylanders where you could play any character in a world it was story specific to those characters of that play set world.
The biggest problem was it wasn't like Skylanders where you could play any character in a world it was story specific to those characters of that play set world.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
^^^^ agree
Yep agreed that was definitely its biggest issue. In better news, everybody has plenty of time to unlock everything if you want too.
Maybe Disney should team with Lego and start a new game. It could use the Dimension portal Lego Dimensions Disney the villains breaking out and trying to change the outcomes of their stories and all the heroes need to unite to fight them. Plus using Lego Dimension method adding more Disney movies would be easy, and I would really like to see some of the Disney charaters as legos.
Maybe Disney should team with Lego and start a new game. It could use the Dimension portal Lego Dimensions Disney the villains breaking out and trying to change the outcomes of their stories and all the heroes need to unite to fight them. Plus using Lego Dimension method adding more Disney movies would be easy, and I would really like to see some of the Disney charaters as legos.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Well now they can't do that, because you just gave them the idea and now you can she both LEGO and Disney for stealing your idea right here.....thanks a lot!... Smile
Well now they can't do that, because you just gave them the idea and now you can she both LEGO and Disney for stealing your idea right here.....thanks a lot!... Smile
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Nah; they can just say that it's an adaptation of the story from the Disney owned ABC show "Once Upon A Time" where the villains try to get "happy endings" Lol
"Once Upon A Time" where the villains try to get "happy endings" Lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Gigiddy.

It's not an original idea they used it in their book series Kingdom Keepers and a little in Kingdom Hearts... well they tend not to use too many original ideas.
So I don't know where I heard this, had to be one of my podcasts, but the problems with the studio wasn't so much that the games weren't selling but more that the toys didn't sell well because of all the internal fights between various studio. Like the Marvel team insisting that they have the Guardians of the Galaxy characters, like Yondu. No one is buying f'n Yondu. And the lack of interaction is because of the same reason, Disney's doesn't want Olaf (Frozen) being beheaded by Yoda.

At my company meeting just today, my CEO said, "All these mergers fail always because the generals fighting and refusing to get along, it is never the troops fault."
Yeah see that every once and a while. I remember it a bit in Destiny it's supposed to be a FPS-MMO but they take out some of the MMO things because it doesn't fit their plans if it's an MMO it should be up to the user how they play if they want a long grind farming mats or gears then let them not you a stupid CEO who makes a decision that can ruin a game. This is what makes gaming fun user customizability I can play an MMO one way you can play yours we all get along have fun but wait Mr Exec CEO say you play our way and starts to kill their own game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account