What does your gamertag mean?

Gaming Chat

Back in the early 90's, I worked for a company called The Motley Fool...despite being mainly finance/investing related, they also had a sports section on AOL....I did their AOL screen programming and also ran the sports trivia and chats in their area called the FoolDome....everyone involved in it had Dome in front of their name as an AOL handle...it just stuck since, so much to the point that some people, in real life, actually refer to me as DJ.
I picked out my tag back when I played a lot of Diablo 2. It was going to be crazy killer but it was taken, I tinkered with it a bit trying to stay as close as the original idea as possible. My assassin ended up being Craze Kiler and I continued using it when I created my Xbox/PSN accounts
Back in 2005, I still used the name vgmmaster (which stands for virtual general manager). Originally had that name after winning a fantasy sports league and couldn't come up with anything else at the time. But I used this name and signed up for a browser game called CyberNations where I was a part of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations (IRON) alliance. Was there for a solid 2-3 years before retiring, but during my time, I grew fond of using females as avatars.

Occassionally, I'd try coming up with back stories for the avatars I chose, sometimes for role-playing purposes, one of which happened to be a female boxer. Thinking the term striker as a synonym for boxer, I changed the lettering to give her a last name of Stryker. First name was chosen at random, but went with the name of Jessica. Later used the name Jessica Stryker for a card game online called Cardmaster Conflict.

Fast forward years later to when I joined Xbox Live. I had a couple usernames I liked at that point, but all of them being feminine which I didn't think would work well if I would actually communicate online. So sticking with old faithful, I cut the name Jessica, opting to use J as a first initial. Since JStryker was taken, I added my birthday, 4/16.
I won mine after a knife fight with a hobo.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I think you got the wrong end of the deal.
I'm not sure I should be using my real name as a gamertag.not sure Xbox Guy41 is good gamertag name.
SG = a gaming community of old farts like myself (Seasoned Gamers). The Steelhead part is just a nod to my Pittsburgh Steelers fanaticism. On almost everything else, including social media and other online gaming, I usually use Tat2dTrash.

I was way off on B8TINGU. I thought for sure it was "Baiting you". As in baiting trolls on social media, online games, etc.
I was way off on B8TINGU. I thought for sure it was "Baiting you". As in baiting trolls on social media, online games, etc.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
That's exactly what I thought too!
I'm not sure I should be using my real name as a gamertag.not sure Xbox Guy41 is good gamertag name.
Originally Posted by XboxGuy41
If you're actually asking for a suggestion, KillerReekMe42 wouldn't be bad.
If you're actually asking for a suggestion, KillerReekMe42 wouldn't be bad.
Originally Posted by futiles
Why that gamertag and I'm not asking for suggestion gamertag that will get me ban if I use it.Not going to add anymore accounts on xbox live.I made horrible gamertag in the past 7 years and they were all hacked and banned.
That's exactly what I thought too!
Originally Posted by Kaens
You mean it's not Baiting?
Why that gamertag and I'm not asking for suggestion gamertag that will get me ban if I use it.Not going to add anymore accounts on xbox live.I made horrible gamertag in the past 7 years and they were all hacked and banned.
Originally Posted by XboxGuy41
Why not HellenKellerMike43?
Mine is courtesy of the XBox random name generator when I first signed up for LIVE. Call it lazy or just pure coincidence that I served in the NAVY, I left the name as it was. I like it, and I think that is what matters.
I like it, and I think that is what matters.
Originally Posted by Waterydrip37
That is all that matters.
You mean it's not Baiting?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You know I should've just kept the mystery going...lol.. I've herd all sorts of ways to pronounce it, and just as many different meanings. I just love it when people assume they "know" the right one and then an argument happens...and ultimately....(I seem to like that word) it comes down to when they actually ask me....and the stunned silence is just priceless...lol.. And then every so often you get that annoying gamer who still thinks he's right and wants to argue with ME about it...roflmao...good times....
Mine is courtesy of the XBox random name generator when I first signed up for LIVE. Call it lazy or just pure coincidence that I served in the NAVY, I left the name as it was. I like it, and I think that is what matters.
Originally Posted by Waterydrip37
Man, that's really cool. Not often you find someone who just clicks random and sticks with it.
You know I should've just kept the mystery going...lol.. I've herd all sorts of ways to pronounce it, and just as many different meanings. I just love it when people assume they "know" the right one and then an argument happens...and ultimately....(I seem to like that word) it comes down to when they actually ask me....and the stunned silence is just priceless...lol.. And then every so often you get that annoying gamer who still thinks he's right and wants to argue with ME about it...roflmao...good times....
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Well, it's in the About Us page...
Well, it's in the About Us page...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
and in this thread.
well my snubkiller name came from my friend because we call him snub. years ago when we were in a football fantasy league he used snub rules so i started using snubkiller. the fp x is my from my gears clan i co founded years ago.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account