Display Start date on Enthusiast Badges

Feature Requests

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

Can we have the start date on Enthusiast badges displayed on the badge status page?
Why, exactly? I mean, I don't understand what purpose it serves. Since those badges are based on days (and not months), most people cannot quickly externalize time from a a date.

Telling someone to do something 100 days from April 5, 2016 does not instantly jump out as July 14, 2016 to them. Also, most people would not quickly realize immediately that 100 days from Jan 1, 2016 is April 10, 2016 but 100 days from Jan 1, 2017 is April 11, 2017.

The badges show how many days into the streak you are, which seems like exactly the information needed.
Why, exactly? I mean, I don't understand what purpose it serves. Since those badges are based on days (and not months), most people cannot quickly externalize time from a a date.

Telling someone to do something 100 days from April 5, 2016 does not instantly jump out as July 14, 2016 to them. Also, most people would not quickly realize immediately that 100 days from Jan 1, 2016 is April 10, 2016 but 100 days from Jan 1, 2017 is April 11, 2017.

The badges show how many days into the streak you are, which seems like exactly the information needed.
Originally Posted by futiles
So you are saying people don't know how to count?

I've lost a day somewhere this past week. I didn't lose my streak, but I have lost a day. Having a start date would let me do my own math.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Yes. That is exactly what I am saying based on multiple years and multiple events and multiple support e-mails. People actually cannot count.
Yes. That is exactly what I am saying based on multiple years and multiple events and multiple support e-mails. People actually cannot count.
This, and the fact that people do not want to count. Like me...

I've lost a day somewhere this past week. I didn't lose my streak, but I have lost a day. Having a start date would let me do my own math.
You didn't lose your streak, but you think you lost one day somewhere, and want a massive, dynamic coding change made so you can start another thread about how your streak is one day off and must be fixed, right?

OCD much? At some point you will have to accept the things which cannot be changed, and identify the things which do not matter if they are not changed, and be at peace with that.

If you can't be at peace, try this. The badge tracker shows how many days you need. Do the math backwards from today and you now know your start date. Post that date in your bio, facebook, and knock on your neighbors' doors to tell them, and then 100 days later you can all have a party celebrating your success of logging into a website daily. While waiting for that, you can go back through all the forums to find the one day you didn't post about something being wrong, or something you want fixed, or what xbone you aren't going to buy because you only want the one that has the picture of your favorite game in the box, and that's how you'll find your missing day, which again didn't break a streak but must be fixed.
Last edited 12-08-2015 at 06:56 PM by Hotdogmcgee.
It's probably a matter of when you check, I believe there is a date behind the scenes on this, so you can't lose a day.
It's probably a matter of when you check, I believe there is a date behind the scenes on this, so you can't lose a day.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Why not make that date available for individual users? Personally, I feel the streak system is off. I went almost 250 days (before 500 was released) without missing a day, and the streak reset, even though I was active. I remember it well, because I had to wait another year to get the Easter badge I missed that day. I was on the site... but whatever. Anyways, being able to internalize it from a set starting point would benifit myself and maybe a few others.
and no one will need to do any counting that they don't want to. The start date should be stored in the data base. What is the harm in displaying it?
This, and the fact that people do not want to count. Like me...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
and that is perfectly fine. You don't want to, then you don't need to.
You didn't lose your streak, but you think you lost one day somewhere, and want a massive, dynamic coding change made so you can start another thread about how your streak is one day off and must be fixed, right?

OCD much? At some point you will have to accept the things which cannot be changed, and identify the things which do not matter if they are not changed, and be at peace with that.

If you can't be at peace, try this. The badge tracker shows how many days you need. Do the math backwards from today and you now know your start date. Post that date in your bio, facebook, and knock on your neighbors' doors to tell them, and then 100 days later you can all have a party celebrating your success of logging into a website daily. While waiting for that, you can go back through all the forums to find the one day you didn't post about something being wrong, or something you want fixed, or what xbone you aren't going to buy because you only want the one that has the picture of your favorite game in the box, and that's how you'll find your missing day, which again didn't break a streak but must be fixed.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I could care less what you think, if any of my posts ruins your day then you should just block me and move on with your life. You offer nothing constructive and make it seem as asking for a date to be add to the badge would mean a complete rewrite of the entire site to get this accomplished. So instead you rather attack me and instigate a fight because you have nothing better to do. Luckily you have Zero say in the matter.
I could care less what you think, if any of my posts ruins your day then you should just block me and move on with your life. You offer nothing constructive and make it seem as asking for a date to be add to the badge would mean a complete rewrite of the entire site to get this accomplished. So instead you rather attack me and instigate a fight because you have nothing better to do. Luckily you have Zero say in the matter.
Oh you guys!

So Fsh, how many days in a row am I up to? Even though there is no badge I want to know.
Why not make that date available for individual users? Personally, I feel the streak system is off. I went almost 250 days (before 500 was released) without missing a day, and the streak reset, even though I was active. I remember it well, because I had to wait another year to get the Easter badge I missed that day. I was on the site... but whatever. Anyways, being able to internalize it from a set starting point would benifit myself and maybe a few others.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
We must have reset your streaks about 15 times over on 360voice... I won't rule out that there are/were bugs in 360voice/gtn that might cause that to happen. Just saying it might be possible it's you...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account