Flash Mob Monday (50) / April 18th

General Chat

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

How badly do you want that Flash Mob Badge?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 18 (39.13%) I am all in, You can count on me!

× 23 (50.00%) We can do this, I'll try and help out when I can.

× 5 (10.87%) I'm not interested, I rather chase down the poll badges instead.

• Added 03-15-2016 05:31 AM
  • 46 votes
  • Votes are public
We as a community log on at all times of the day. On April 18th we will make another attempt at the Flash Mob badge. Most everyone has a smart phone or access to a computer during the day. Starting at 12:00 PM EST all you need to do is log into GTN at the top of the hour for 5-10 minutes for the next 12 hours (as much as you can). Set an hourly alarm to remind you and we will give this another shot.
We as a community log on at all times of the day. On April 18th we will make another attempt at the Flash Mob badge. Most everyone has a smart phone or access to a computer during the day. Starting at 12:00 PM EST all you need to do is log into GTN at the top of the hour for 5-10 minutes for the next 12 hours (as much as you can). Set an hourly alarm to remind you and we will give this another shot.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I think two things you are missing:

1) 12 hours is too long. It peaked quick, and then leveled off, and then trended down. You really only need a couple or three hours for this, as people lose interest, and will continue to lose interest as the attempts continue to drag on unsuccessfully.

2) Noon Eastern is too early to start. Yes, while some people have the ability to access, they don't. Some don't have the ability, and night shift people sleep. Granted, no time is perfect for 100%, but, weekends are probably a better sweet spot.

(Also, don't use EST unless you mean Eastern Standard Time. Since not all of the world, nor all of the US uses Daylight vs Standard time, using what is established as GMT-5, when you are actually planning for an event at Noon EDT, can lead to poor results. Many people may literally think you mean EST, and not show up until Noon EST, which is 1PM EDT. But, that's my own personal frustration with working with people in about 20 timezones on a regular basis, and having to figure out what the people that don't understand the difference actually mean...)
I think two things you are missing:

1) 12 hours is too long. It peaked quick, and then leveled off, and then trended down. You really only need a couple or three hours for this, as people lose interest, and will continue to lose interest as the attempts continue to drag on unsuccessfully.

2) Noon Eastern is too early to start. Yes, while some people have the ability to access, they don't. Some don't have the ability, and night shift people sleep. Granted, no time is perfect for 100%, but, weekends are probably a better sweet spot.

(Also, don't use EST unless you mean Eastern Standard Time. Since not all of the world, nor all of the US uses Daylight vs Standard time, using what is established as GMT-5, when you are actually planning for an event at Noon EDT, can lead to poor results. Many people may literally think you mean EST, and not show up until Noon EST, which is 1PM EDT. But, that's my own personal frustration with working with people in about 20 timezones on a regular basis, and having to figure out what the people that don't understand the difference actually mean...)
Originally Posted by futiles

I honestly do not think 12 hours is to long, It's completely voluntary and completely unnecessary to stay logged into the site for 12 hours straight. All that is needed is 5-10 minutes at the start of the hour. Personally I set up hourly alarms on my phone and went about my business for the day. The phone chimed, I either jumped on my computer or my phone to get on he site. Not very hard to do.

There were more people logged in at the begging of the event then at the end. I thought 12 PM EST was fine and it started out well and lost steam towards the end of the event. Your being a little to technical with EDT/EST/GMT-4. I think people can figure out what time it is if I say EST. They can google it, if they can't figure out 3 little letters they have bigger problems to deal with.
You're right, why would you possibly want to correct yourself, and use the proper term when trying to organize an event over multiple time zones? Why would you want to make the absolute smallest possible effort to be accurate, and change one letter in you entire post from an S to a D?
Maybe doing this on a weekend may help because some of us have jobs and/or school. Weekends should have more people free.
I am all in, but I do agree with futiles and Daemon on this one. A weekend might produce a better result.
Match up with the NBA Live 07 time.

7PM: Central Europe (GMT +1)
6PM: UK (GMT)
1PM: US Eastern (GMT -5)
Noon: US Central (GMT -6)
11AM : US Mountain (GMT -7)
10AM : US Western (GMT -8)
Do it on a Sunday, and have everyone show up at the same time.

EDIT: Might have to tweak the times due to daylight savings.
Match up with the NBA Live 07 time.

Do it on a Sunday, and have everyone show up at the same time.

EDIT: Might have to tweak the times due to daylight savings.
Originally Posted by N0RVY
Yes, those wold be Standard Time, not Daylight Time.
I'll do what I can whatever day you pick; but if it's during the week, I do work and cannot access my phone outside of my breaks during those hours.
I'll do what I can whatever day you pick; but if it's during the week, I do work and cannot access my phone outside of my breaks during those hours.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
This would be me too.
Guys flash mob I now only needs 25 people Smile
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Awesome. So instead of failing by 36, we can only fail by 6.
We can certainly give it another try next Monday.
Dumb567890
Dumb567890
???

Confused....
???

Confused....
Which part?

The fact that I think making an actual difficult to get badge, that would actually mean something, easier to get is dumb?

Or that I have to add 567890 to a four letter word to post my opinion in that situation?
Which part?

The fact that I think making an actual difficult to get badge, that would actually mean something, easier to get is dumb?

Or that I have to add 567890 to a four letter word to post my opinion in that situation?
Yet having a leap day badge is a bad idea...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account