Add Reactions to Forum Posts

Feature Requests

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review
There have been some recent posts that I want to "Like" or "Upvote" to let the poster know they did a good job or I agree. To do that now, I'd have to reply and say something like "Yeah, what he/she said." or "Good post." Doing so would clog up the forum in my opinion with a bunch of posts that don't add value.

I could see optional icons below the post that a user could click on. I'll let Eric finalize the list but I was thinking:
Like/Upvote
Dislike/Downvote
Laugh
100%/Agree
etc.

What do others think? Maybe I should have made this a poll? :-D
I like the idea - I run into the same situation you're describing. I want to agree or voice my support for something expressed, but I don't always want to go to the effort or clog up a thread by making a post just to say that. Personally I think it would be best just to have a like/agree/upvote option and none of the others. I like the idea of having them, but my feeling is that people use the other options to be petty and childish more often than they use them for their intended purpose.
I like the idea - I run into the same situation you're describing. I want to agree or voice my support for something expressed, but I don't always want to go to the effort or clog up a thread by making a post just to say that. Personally I think it would be best just to have a like/agree/upvote option and none of the others. I like the idea of having them, but my feeling is that people use the other options to be petty and childish more often than they use them for their intended purpose.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
I LIKE your comment. Big Grin
Status changed to 'Under Review' - Thanks for the suggestion! I completely understand where you're coming from with this request.

I have a number of forum-related enhancements planned so this would be added in then. I'll keep it simple at start with just a handful of reactions for you guys to use for posts, and I'll draw inspiration from Discord and Microsoft Teams as they have a similar system in place to react to messages there.

I'll keep you updated.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account