Enthusiast badge & server time

Feature Requests

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
I broke my streak for Enthusiast V badge a couple of times now, first times it was my fault, last couple of times I logged daily in on my time zone. I have no clue what time it is on server time...

Is it possible to add the server time at the bottom (where our own time is), next to our own time?
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12. Change this
like this:
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12. Change this
Server time is now xx:xx
Is this based on server time? If so, no wonder my streak has broken several times even though I'm sure that I've been logging in daily.
I have had a couple days where I forgot to log in. Now I just keep an open tab and stay logged to the site on the 'Who's Online' all the time when not at my computer.
Is this based on server time? If so, no wonder my streak has broken several times even though I'm sure that I've been logging in daily.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Yes it is server time. Last time I was on a holiday with limited access to a computer. I logged in daily on my time, but apparently not on server time.
If the badge is important to get, you could do a few tricks:

Set GTN to Central Time, as that is the site's time. That way you can look at the clock on the bottom of any site page, and know exactly what day and time it is on GTN.

Set up a tab on your preferred browser to go to GTN, with automatic login for GTN setup. This way, every time you open a browser, for whatever reason, you do a GTN check-in.

Set up a tab on your cellular device's browser of choice to go to GTN, with automatic login for GTN setup. Same as above, but even more likely to get you logged for each day.

Set up above said tabs to be directly to https://www.gamertagnation.com/badges/badge-433/ and you can see your progress, and whether or not it has incremented. If it is still the same number as your last login, then the new day has not counted yet.

And for the most extreme, set a device (iPad, Android tablet, extra cell phone, PC) to Central Time (observing DST), and use that as your streak device.

Or, pick a time of the day (4:00 PM your local time) and log in every day at exactly that time. If you always log in once in a 24 hour period, you will be fine.

After numerous people complained that the Enthusiast Badges were broken, I tried just the browser tab tricks, and 250 days later, I had the 250 badge. Then I stopped. Then the 500 badge came out, and I started over, 500 days later, I had it.
Or, pick a time of the day (4:00 PM your local time) and log in every day at exactly that time. If you always log in once in a 24 hour period, you will be fine.
Originally Posted by futiles
That is what I do, always at the same time, but broke my streak when on holiday.

After numerous people complained that the Enthusiast Badges were broken, I tried just the browser tab tricks, and 250 days later, I had the 250 badge. Then I stopped. Then the 500 badge came out, and I started over, 500 days later, I had it.
I am not complaining, merely asking that server time would be visible. That way I can be more careful about the time.

Set GTN to Central Time, as that is the site's time. That way you can look at the clock on the bottom of any site page, and know exactly what day and time it is on GTN.
You kidding right, worst idea ever. I want my timezone!

Set up above said tabs to be directly to https://www.gamertagnation.com/badges/badge-433/ and you can see your progress, and whether or not it has incremented. If it is still the same number as your last login, then the new day has not counted yet.
To clarify this, the badge counter doesn't go up at the moment when you log in, it updates when the server hits the new day. Example: Logging in on Day 7, the counter will show 6. When you log in the next day (Day 8), the counter will show 7.
This has happened to me also on a number of occasions. I even lost it at 235 days and that sucked. I started a log in club and we helped each other with a number of badge requirements. Meaning: It also helps if, when you log in everyday, you post at least one thing somewhere on the site: A comment to another users profile a reply to a thread, a new solution for an achievement or a review for a game. That way you now have a definite time stamp on the site itself, so that if you do have problems, it can be looked at by a staff member and tracked more easily.
I could change the Enthusiast badges to run off GMT time if that's easier for everyone. Unfortunately there's no way for me to base it off your local time zone (as selected in your account settings).

I have thought about putting together a personal tracker on the Enthusiast badge pages. It bums me out that so many of you guys lose your streak because or the lack of information. That's on me, so let me work on this some this afternoon.
I could change the Enthusiast badges to run off GMT time if that's easier for everyone.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
That would be nice for me, but not for the people living on the other side of the world.
I already wondered what had happened to my streak. Was well over 250 days and all of a sudden I was back at 2 days. I know I logged in every day (always check 'who's online'). Guess I'll have to keep going and hope it doesn't happen again.
Status changed from 'Under Review' to 'Started' - Working on some things to make it easier to track your progress.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account