FTW Badge anyone? Hell yea!!

Gaming Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

You know I was minding my own business and doing GTN type things when I accidentally hit something and a badge fell out!! "What?" I exclaimed and took a look at this new badge, it was strangely familiar, could it be! Yes it was a badge that hasn't been seen here since..last year!

The triumphant return of the WTF Badge!!!.. er wait no..thats the FTW Badge!!
FTW means: For the Win!!!
Yes the Badge for winning any contest or competition hosted by GTN! Not to be mistaken with the Challenge, What Challenge badge for winning the monthly Gamerscore competition.

This badge has no set schedule meaning: it is not monthly (but it could be), heck by these rules it could be twice a month, you never know!

This badge has gone through a few iterations and I've been racking my brains with ideas to bring it back and so I got this one.

The competitons will be GTN exclusive and my not necessarily have to do with gamerscore or even playing a game!

In the past I did monthly achievement challenges, like little mini competitions (some even based on competitions you may already be familiar with!) EXAMPLE:

The alphabet challenge: be the first gamer to earn achievements beginning with the first 12 letters of the alphabet. 1st achievement has to start with an A second with a B and so on for the first 12 letters of the American standard alphabet.

I'm thinking of scavenger hunts and such.. you'll just have to wait and see, OR you can suggest things to me! Remember they have to be challenging yet not overly grinding.

These competitions/challenges open to everyone and may or may not start on the first of the month, but you will have at the very least a full two weeks notice before one starts.

This badge has also been awarded for user/community member generated competitors and still can and will be, if the competition is well thought out and fair. (more on that later)

For now I'm warming up and this thread will be used for ideas.. so give me some! I'll also be throwing my thoughts on here as well for you gamers to pick at. Thanks and see you soon!
Have everyone gain gamerscore daily, but, the final total of gamerscore gained each day must be a prime number, and they cannot use the same prime number twice.

So, once someone scores 5 total gamerscore in a day, they cannot score 5 total in a day again, or they are eliminated.

So, it requires a scoring streak, non-traditional gamerscore totals, and planning.

One is not a prime...
Last edited 06-02-2017 at 09:14 AM by futiles.
Have everyone gain gamerscore daily, but, the final total of gamerscore gained each day must be a prime number, and they cannot use the same prime number twice.

So, once someone scores 5 total gamerscore in a day, they cannot score 5 total in a day again, or they are eliminated.

So, it requires a scoring streak, non-traditional gamerscore totals, and planning.

One is not a prime...
Originally Posted by futiles
I like this idea and it can be tweaked a little too, to fit various needs...(thinking evil thoughts....)

One is not a prime...
Creative but not practical...aside from "2" prime numbers are odd numbers. There just isn't enough odd gamerscore achievements to make that feasible to keep a daily streak
Could be interesting and fun. And extra badges are always ok Wink
Creative but not practical...aside from "2" prime numbers are odd numbers. There just isn't enough odd gamerscore achievements to make that feasible to keep a daily streak
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
Not all ideas may be used and that's why I said "tweeked" the idea has potential, I just have to figure a way to make it work, also this is just one idea, I'm open for others, I still have my own I just like to have options and enough concept to appease the masses.
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
EDIT:

I did two different streaks, one where I scored a prime number each day, and one where my total gamerscore was a prime at the end of each day.

(It would have been impossible to do both, my mistake. It has been a while)
Last edited 06-02-2017 at 08:22 PM by futiles.
I went 21 days, gaining a Prime Number gamerscore each day, and ending each day with my gamerscore being a Prime number. There are an infinite amount of primes, and gaining them is easy.
Are you Sheldon Cooper?? Because this sounds a lot like something he would do.
Are you Sheldon Cooper?? Because this sounds a lot like something he would do.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
No, I just like prime numbers. It was more of a "could I do it" thing. But, I had to correct myself. It was two different streaks.

Scoring a prime number each day was a little more difficult, because of the lack of 1, 2, and 3 score achievements to make those 13, 31, 29 scores as needed.

Ending your total gamerscore as a prime required more planning.
Seeing as though the badge is called FTW how about the person who unlocks the most achievements starting with an F, T or W over a designated time period.
Seeing as though the badge is called FTW how about the person who unlocks the most achievements starting with an F, T or W over a designated time period.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Sounds good, definitely something to keep in mind. Thanks!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account