The Walking Dead

Entertainment

so the sequence of events are in order? like the next place they go to?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
For the most part, yes.

Atlanta Campsite -> Greene Farm -> Prison -> Conflict with Woodbury -> On the road -> Meet Abraham's group -> The Hunters -> On the road, again -> next place

They do it differently, but, the basic sequence is there. They never go to the CDC in the comics, there is no Beth Greene in the comics, there is no hospital, but, the high points are there, the tone is there, even if things happen to different characters.

I try hard not to give spoilers, but they have kept iconic scenes and situations from the comics in the show, even if played out differently. Lizzie, her sister, and Carol, well, in the comics you had basically the same scene, but with twin boys instead of Lizzie and her sister, and Carl instead of Carol. Herschel Greene in the show took the place of Tyrese in the comics, with his interaction with the Governor. Bob Stuckey took the place of Dale in the Hunters portion. For me, it becomes just as interesting to see how they get where they are going, and the TV Show has basically become an alternate universe to the comics.
thanks for the info, id like to get them and read them but I imagine it might be overwhelming at this point to try and find the older ones, ill look into it though....how about the Telltale games, do they come from the comics or is that a completely different story all together/
thanks for the info, id like to get them and read them but I imagine it might be overwhelming at this point to try and find the older ones, ill look into it though....how about the Telltale games, do they come from the comics or is that a completely different story all together/
Season 1 intersects with the comics. (You meet Glen and Herschel from the comics, that is the art style they are in)

Actually, it would be pretty easy to get the comics. They do 6-isse story arcs, which are combined into collected edition trade paper backs, sold EVERYWHERE that sells books. They also do 48-issue collected edition compendiums, also sold EVERYWHERE that sells books. Compendium 1 and Compendium 2 cover issues 1-48 and 49-96. I think issue 132 or 134 is the last one to come out, so, we are only a year away from the next compendium. Or, you could buy Compendium 1 and Compendium 2, then volumes 17 (issues 97-102), 18 (103-108), 19 (109-114), 20 (115-120), 21 (121-126), 22 (127-132) and start buying single issues with 133. You would be completely caught up in ownership, and probably have them all read in under a month.
Last edited 12-03-2014 at 03:20 AM by futiles.
awesome, thanks for the info. just one more question, do you know how far ahead time wise the comics are from the show? I kind of like not knowing whats coming next in the show so at a certain point I could wait and read latter.
awesome, thanks for the info. just one more question, do you know how far ahead time wise the comics are from the show? I kind of like not knowing whats coming next in the show so at a certain point I could wait and read latter.
So, Beth and the Hospital are TV Show only, But, The Hunters are issues 61-66. Issue 135 comes out next week, so, the show is pretty far back. But, it isn't like it is a straight analog either. People alive in the comic are dead in the show. People alive in the show are dead in the comic. Routes and paths are different. Really, it is only like specific scenes that I know are coming. Like, the Lizzie scene, I recognized early. Bob and the Hunters I figured out 10, maybe 15 minutes early. I figured Terminus was going to be the show version of the Hunters, but, I did not know how it would happen.
Link to the original article written by staff member Kevin Melrose and the entire article.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...zergnet_332988

The companion series to AMC's "The Walking Dead" has discovered its first survivors.

Announced in September 2013, the spinoff created by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson is set during the same zombie apocalypse as "The Walking Dead" but features new characters and new locations.

"Walking Dead" Continues Blockbuster Ratings Streak With Midseason Finale

Deadline reports the series, "aka 'Cobalt,'" will center on a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Frank Dillane ("In the Heart of the Sea," "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince") will play the woman's son, who's struggling with a drug problem, and Alycia Debnam Carey ("Into the Storm") her ambitious daughter.

The website notes Debnam Carey was previously cast in AMC's rejected sci-fi/fantasy pilot "Galyntine."

The cable channel ordered a pilot for the "Walking Dead" companion series in September. It will be executive produced by "The Walking Dead's" Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert, with Erickson serving as showrunner and pilot co-writer. Adam Davidson ("Hell on Wheels," "Community") will direct.

End Article

So this came out on Dec. 2nd.. Does this sound fun? I could see that really happening with the drug problems in America, be interesting to see how this pans out.

and another article by Adam Chitwood that posted about 4 hours ago

http://collider.com/the-walking-dead...g-los-angeles/

AMC has been rather secretive when it comes to its potential The Walking Dead spinoff. Given that the original series is the most watched show on all of television, we knew some sort of brand extension was coming sooner or later. Comic book creator and TV show executive producer Robert Kirkman is executive producing the potential spinoff, which is currently in the pilot stage, but details regarding how the show relates to the original have been few and far between. We do know that the new series focuses on an entirely different group of survivors and we presumed that it would also take place in an entirely new location. That suspicion has now been confirmed, as a new report reveals The Walking Dead spinoff setting as Los Angeles. More after the jump.
the-walking-dead-spinoffThe folks over at TV Line reveal that The Walking Dead spinoff will be set in the city of Los Angeles, which is quite far from the location of the original series, Atlanta. That probably means we won’t be seeing any crossover between the two shows for quite some time, but early word has it that this new spinoff will also be taking place at a different time than the original show, focusing on the early days of the zombie apocalypse.
It’s unclear where the production of the spinoff will be based and whether it will actually shoot in L.A. or if another city will serve as a double, but casting is well underway with Cliff Curtis, Frank Dillane, and Malycia Debnam Carey already set as the leads. Filming on the pilot will take place in early 2015 with TV veteran Adam Davison directing, after which AMC will make a final decision over whether to order the pilot to series or pass. Given the immense popularity of The Walking Dead, I would be shocked if AMC didn’t order the spinoff pilot to series.

Read more at http://collider.com/the-walking-dead...EFvVEFyZOX8.99

Sorry if this post twice.
Last edited 12-16-2014 at 09:12 PM by B8TINGU.
Serously, I am very angry at Directv.
I waited for the season five premiere to record. After a couple days I decieded to check andsee what the deal was. I discovered that there is no longer a SD AMC, only HD AMC. We don't have HD channels.
Two seasons of Walking Dead Prequel ordered, not dealing with Terminus to go against B8TINGU's incorrect suspicions.

Set in LA, so, very much "Not in Georgia..."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...l-lands-775509
Two seasons of Walking Dead Prequel ordered, not dealing with Terminus to go against B8TINGU's incorrect suspicions.

Set in LA, so, very much "Not in Georgia..."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...l-lands-775509
Originally Posted by futiles
oK, ok, I concede.. yikes...lol.. so on another note... you think Negan is coming? This could be very bad.....
oK, ok, I concede.. yikes...lol.. so on another note... you think Negan is coming? This could be very bad.....
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Eventually. But, there is the Scavengers, then the administration change, then Hill Top discovery, then the confrontation, then Negan. I would say Negan is you season 6 finale cliffhanger introduction. (So, a full season + 3 episodes away, at least) If not the midseason 7 cliffhanger...

I would not be surprised if the "wolves" were the Scavengers, much like Terminus replaced the Hunters. They wolf/W imagery has been entertaining, as there has been a "wolf" or a W clearly visible in every episode second half of season 5.
Eventually. But, there is the Scavengers, then the administration change, then Hill Top discovery, then the confrontation, then Negan. I would say Negan is you season 6 finale cliffhanger introduction. (So, a full season + 3 episodes away, at least) If not the midseason 7 cliffhanger...

I would not be surprised if the "wolves" were the Scavengers, much like Terminus replaced the Hunters. They wolf/W imagery has been entertaining, as there has been a "wolf" or a W clearly visible in every episode second half of season 5.
Originally Posted by futiles
I stopped reading the comics around the end of the prison story line.. IDK Y. From all the talk around the web it made it seem that Negan was part of the Wolves storyline? Not true? Or perhaps they may introduce him on the side along with the wolves like a background thing?
I stopped reading the comics around the end of the prison story line.. IDK Y. From all the talk around the web it made it seem that Negan was part of the Wolves storyline? Not true? Or perhaps they may introduce him on the side along with the wolves like a background thing?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
There is no "Wolves Storyline" in the comics. Based on 5 seasons of TV show, and how it has related to the comics, yes, Negan will arrive, and he will be spectacular. But, they will not rush him to the show. So, they will ensure everything is in place for the proper setup between Negan and Rick, and that requires a lot of stuff in between. If I were a betting man (and I am), the wolves storyline in the show will be similar to the Scavenger. And Negan and the Saviors will be something later.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account