I want to be in the Spotlight 2.0

General Chat

You want a new badge for your profile? Here is an OPEN CALL TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT YET BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT

I would like to call on everyone to complete the questions and send them to me. The members interviews that I have will be picked at random and posted. This means you don't have to be contacted to get an interview, if you don't think you qualify then your wrong!

There is only one REAL requirement for anyone to be on In the Spotlight and that is as long as you are a verified GTN member.

PLEASE DON'T EVER FEEL EMBARRASSED or think you don't qualify for any reason. New or non active members have just as much right to be interviewed, besides how else are we supposed to get to know everyone?

When your interview is posted (Interviews are posted on the 1st of each month) you will receive The Spotlight is on badge for participating in a GTN Member of the month interview!

Before you start, I just like to say we don't know too much about you and we like to try to get a somewhat personal spin on these interviews, but don't feel pressured in to anything. We invite you to write your own questions and answer them as well but please also be aware that this is a public site and GTN does have the right to edit your questions and or answers. Mainly it's done for grammatical reasons but sometimes questionable wording has to be re worded or removed, We will try to maintain the integrity of your response. If you chose not to partake in writing your own questions then the questions given here are at the very least all we need.

Below are the questions, feel free to elaborate as much as possible (it makes for better reading). If you do have any questions please PM and ask me B8TINGU.

If your responses are too long to mail back to me here please PM me (B8TINGU) and I will provide my alternate email address. If you can or will please let me know here at GTN via PM when you send your responses via email as sometimes new messages get sent to my spam folder.

Thanks for understanding and helping us all out and we’ll see you, In the Spotlight!

Name:

Where do you live?:

What do you do for a living?

Tell us about your Gamertag?

When did you start playing?

What's your play style? Ex: are you a booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?

What is your current gaming set up like?

Tell us a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?

What's your favorite game genre?

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)

What is your worst game and why?

If you were a video game or game character who and why?

Are you looking forward to any new releases?

What else do you do besides gaming?

Do you collect or not so much?

What's your favorite feature on GTN?

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?

Is there anything you would like added to the site?

Previous interviews:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/community-interviews/

*Edit: Removed all links to individual interviews.
*Edit: Added one link to the Community Interviews page, where you can scroll thru existing interviews.
*Edit: Changed wording to better reflect the process.
*Edit: Added badge link
Last edited 09-30-2017 at 11:30 PM by B8TINGU.
Nice, this looks a lot better. There are a lot of other members I would rather see go before me though and I'm glad I'm last on the list. I'd like to nominate HyruleBalverine as he is very informative, understanding, helpful, and quick to respond to any answer.

I have one question/recommendation. Is there any way you could have hyper links directing people (lazy people, like me, mind you) to the profiles of the members listed in order for us to know more about them to begin with? I only know about half of the cats listed.

Are there any rules in place in order to be added to the list, or can anyone volunteer themselves? To be honest, I'd rather not see a lot of people volunteer unless they're part of the site. Some kind of posts count, or if they've added some other value to the site instead of the people who have just signed up, posted three comments, and then feel they are important enough to the site to be it's Employee (Member) of the Month. Of course I would hope no one would be Quickz to vote for anyone that is a site Ninja.
I'll do it again, just change up the questions XD lol
Nice, this looks a lot better. There are a lot of other members I would rather see go before me though and I'm glad I'm last on the list. I'd like to nominate HyruleBalverine as he is very informative, understanding, helpful, and quick to respond to any answer.

I have one question/recommendation. Is there any way you could have hyper links directing people (lazy people, like me, mind you) to the profiles of the members listed in order for us to know more about them to begin with? I only know about half of the cats listed.

Are there any rules in place in order to be added to the list, or can anyone volunteer themselves? To be honest, I'd rather not see a lot of people volunteer unless they're part of the site. Some kind of posts count, or if they've added some other value to the site instead of the people who have just signed up, posted three comments, and then feel they are important enough to the site to be it's Employee (Member) of the Month. Of course I would hope no one would be Quickz to vote for anyone that is a site Ninja.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray

Ok I fixed it, for lazy people like you, better? lol.. Not sure if it's too much green. I went a head and made a few small editing adjustments in the interviews themselves, too. As for volunteering, well we need people who are interested and I think everyone is interesting, we just need to get to know each other! It used to be that we had a few select members put into a poll and the winner of that poll would be interviewed.. Our community at the time was pretty small, as in who was active, it's gotten way better with more activity and not saying that the first way was wrong it was just a bit flawed..imo. Since I kind of took over the interviewing I have taken some liberties in the way it was run, but I am always open for suggestions.

I added the stipulation that people can be nominated as in Smnovs case, once he joined a lot of people were very interested in what he was about and he was just on the way to hit his Million Gamerscore! So I took that opportunity and tried my best, knowing he was probably busy, but he came thru like true gentleman and gamer!

The list that is currently there is in no way in any order. It's just people who have volunteered or have been nominated by others. This showing that they are active and willing they get a priority. Once all the people on that list have been interviewed,who know what I'll be doing...lol. I actually have a completely random way of picking the next member. Just because a name is last or first, doesn't mean that name get's picked first or last. I also look at when you joined GTN, if for instance you joined and that same month you get picked I may throw your name back, depending.. I have yet to encounter such an instance. My general rules are that you must be a community member in good standing be somewhat active and have been a member for more than one month.

What is a member in good standing.. simple.. don't be caught up in the middle of shady goings ons.. I hold no grudges this is a community site. Key word being community, thus I try to be objective as I possibly can. If I find myself not being able to do that I usually refer to another staff to help out, which I like to do anyway because it shows team work and gives another view that I may have missed. After all I'm not perfect.

Ok hope this answered your questions
My general rules are that you must be a community member in good standing be somewhat active and have been a member for more than one month.

What is a member in good standing.. simple.. don't be caught up in the middle of shady goings ons...

Ok hope this answered your questions
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Yes sir, that's what I wanted to know!
Hotdog because he seems like an assholes and I bet he is.
Hotdog because he seems like an assholes and I bet he is.
Originally Posted by Monky Spit
He's the third biggest asshole in the brown room. (As well as the shortest man in there too)
You jerks are misspelling asshat. There's quite a difference between that and an asshole, as the people that actually do know me are well aware of.
See, so I think Hotdog should be the next one. Unless B8TINGU is going in order of nomination/volunteering then I can wait.
You jerks are misspelling asshat. There's quite a difference between that and an asshole, as the people that actually do know me are well aware of.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I just like to think of you as short...
Are you still accepting new members to get interviewed? Because if so I would like to be added to the list.
Hey B8 can you update my name on the list?
This is not an exclusive list. I'm always looking to add to it, quite frankly I'm a little worried I'll run out of volunteers..then I'll be hunting for more interviewees and hoping I get responds.... Yes Lord KM I'll update your name and add Jack soon. I'm on my phone for this response I don't want to get anyone's name wrong.
I know I'm new here and all but I really dig the site and may be willing to do one of these things.
I know I'm new here and all but I really dig the site and may be willing to do one of these things.
Originally Posted by StophJ
This is the reason for these types of threads and interviews, it's not just for badge it's to get to know people and you can do that by being active in the forums and introducing yourself in the introductions too..but yes StophJ I will definitely add you too. There is only one REAL requirement for anyone to be on this list as long as they are a GTN member this list is just a guide line and an acknowledgement of people who are active and wanting this badge before others. Once this list has run out of volunteers I will continue to search for potential interviewees even if they are not active members, maybe getting them to be interviewed will help those people get active.. Most importantly PLEASE DON'T EVER FEEL EMBARRASED or think you don't qualify for any reason. New or non active members have just as much right to be interviewed as possible, how else are we supposed to get to know everyone..
I would like to nominate myself. As far as I know I'm in good standing. Unless people hate my back to back challenge wins.
I would like to nominate myself. As far as I know I'm in good standing. Unless people hate my back to back challenge wins.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
Yup we hate you...lol.. J/k I'll add you on! Thanks for taking an interest!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account