Xbox 360 Update gives it USB Storage support!

Xbox 360

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Finally to those of you who haven't had the money to buy a Pro or an Elite can now use your USB Mass Storage Flash Drives as a saving device due to an update that was released 4/6/2010!

Here is the full story:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/06/x...pport-sandisk/
I wonder if this will work for transferring downloaded files? I'm sure Microsoft would have thought that out, though... we wouldn't want anybody copying over, say, Call of Duty Classic...
Im waiting to see what kind of tweaks the online community has for this update. This can open up a world of hurt to the XBL Marketplace
i've been waiting for this, as i need the room. it'll be nice to backup files and then delete them from my main HD, especially stuff like original Xbox data.
I've been thinking, wouldn't this make it easy for people to download game saves, dlc onto their computers and distribute it out to everyone over the net?
i don't really see how that would work, they're not just regular files.
So what happens if you can't use your USB flash drive AFTER the update? I used to watch movies that way and now I can't x.x
I think you have to format your usb flash drive in the xbox and then put your music/videos in it.
Formatting always got me annoyed. With any product, unless it was an initial format. Reformatting is hell on sticks...
there's really nothing to it with these; you just select it and it will tell you if it works and how well, then you're done.
I'm used to the old days when formatting wiped EVERYTHING on the volume... That was a bitch.
Late response is late xD;;;

BUT!

I just called it names and told the 360 I'd replace it with a PS3 and it worked x3;;;

Maybe it just derp'd a bit from the initial update???? Some of my friends are still having problems though with external drives and iPods =S
there are so many different drives out there, it's probably tough to check them all. my ipod hasn't had any issues though, and i leave it plugged in quite a bit.
Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to. Either the drives just aren't 360 friendly or the update can't cover every single style drive out there x3;;;

If my 360 stopped liking my iPod, it's would be a dangerous day for the gaming community >.>;;; I need my tunes, lol!
well mine is hardly keeping a charge anymore, so i'll need a new one myself at some point. i definitely need the custom music during those long arena challenges in Borderlands.
OMG yessssssssssssssss. If it wasn't for my iPod I would have thrown my controller across the room during that Hellish mess DX LOL

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account