Announcing an Official GTN Community Event: Forza Tournament Participant

Gaming Chat

Since B8TINU has made 4 posts in 2 weeks, and the last one mentioned his mom's illness, I would assume he has more pressing matters than this, and it completely is out of his field of focus right now. So, unless one of you wants to make the brackets and lay out a schedule in the next couple of hours, post it, and get it coordinated, I would assume it isn't going to happen, at least not today.
Since B8TINU has made 4 posts in 2 weeks, and the last one mentioned his mom's illness, I would assume he has more pressing matters than this, and it completely is out of his field of focus right now. So, unless one of you wants to make the brackets and lay out a schedule in the next couple of hours, post it, and get it coordinated, I would assume it isn't going to happen, at least not today.
Originally Posted by futiles
Mostly right.*

Ok, I'm very sorry for the lack my not being around or me setting this up properly, this being said I had ample time to think about what I should have done, maybe I use that next year, as for now. The first post will stand. I will be on Forza's for most of the day give or take.. this will give us time to get to gather and fool around a bit, maybe set up some brackets and figure out what the hell is really happening.. I will start to monitor from my phone and anyone who is interested and what game you own please shoot me a message via live and I will set something up for us.. I know this is lack luster an not a very big bang for your buck, trust me I wanted this to be a bit more than it is going to be, but it is salvageable.

I will also start going thru the list here and start sending out message via live as well.. I'm excited to get this going and hopefully I can get more events better organized later but for now lets get this going...and any help would be appreciated.

*Unfortunately futiles is right, I have been back and forth to my mothers this whole time not giving me a lot of time to spend on my box or much else.. long story short.. my mother had pneumonia along with the pacemaker malfunctioning and the doctors still are not sure the pacemaker is even helping anyway. She spent Thanksgiving in the hospital as the doctors kept telling us everyday that she was going home and then they would tell us nope. one more night, she is actually recovering from the pneumonia though so there is one silver lining..
There is also one other option: We can reschedule, but it cannot be this coming weekend as I will be out of town again. I really wanted this to be today, on the day of Paul Walkers death as it would have been more fitting and meaningful, but due other circumstances I'm ready to reschedule if that is what the majority would like to do..
There is also one other option: We can reschedule, but it cannot be this coming weekend as I will be out of town again. I really wanted this to be today, on the day of Paul Walkers death as it would have been more fitting and meaningful, but due other circumstances I'm ready to reschedule if that is what the majority would like to do..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Lets do this. No sense halfassing it, even with valid reasons.

Tell you what. Set it for 12/12. Spend the next two weeks laying out what you want to do, as well as taking care of your own. We do it on a weekend for max participation from all time zones. I'll still offer to host sessions on forza and furious on xbone, say noon pacific time. You can run sessions on forza 5 or horizon or whatever seems most popular. If horizon allows a free roam like F&F, maybe do that.
Lets do this. No sense halfassing it, even with valid reasons.

Tell you what. Set it for 12/12. Spend the next two weeks laying out what you want to do, as well as taking care of your own. We do it on a weekend for max participation from all time zones. I'll still offer to host sessions on forza and furious on xbone, say noon pacific time. You can run sessions on forza 5 or horizon or whatever seems most popular. If horizon allows a free roam like F&F, maybe do that.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Very good plan, that's one vote for rescheduling. I'm on F5 now and taking a good look at what we can do.
I really wanted this to be today, on the day of Paul Walkers death as it would have been more fitting and meaningful,
This was actually a huge turnoff for me, and why I didn't sign up to participate. I don't believe he should be honored on his death, or really at all. It isn't fitting nor meaningful. He died as a result of his own stupidity. Trying to drift a turn near 100 mph, in a 45 mph zone, on an open road, is dumb. His family suing Porsche in a wrongful death suit is even worse, since that car was in no way designed for that, nor was it in any position to do it. While Walker was not the driver in this instance, and no one outside the car was hurt, it could have easily been so much worse.

No. His death should not be honored, unless it is to help people not make similar stupid decisions.
Hey I don't like him or cars, but I do like badges so I was going to be there tonight.
This was actually a huge turnoff for me, and why I didn't sign up to participate. I don't believe he should be honored on his death, or really at all. It isn't fitting nor meaningful. He died as a result of his own stupidity. Trying to drift a turn near 100 mph, in a 45 mph zone, on an open road, is dumb. His family suing Porsche in a wrongful death suit is even worse, since that car was in no way designed for that, nor was it in any position to do it. While Walker was not the driver in this instance, and no one outside the car was hurt, it could have easily been so much worse.

No. His death should not be honored, unless it is to help people not make similar stupid decisions.
This was not my original idea, and though I agree with you on most of that, we can not for any certainty know that Paul Walker was up for the idea or was trying to stop the driver. I agree the driver was stupid and it could have been a whole lot worse, but today was about a badge and getting the community involved, so I will schedule some time tonight for a Forza 5 private MP as well as rescheduling anyone who doesn't wish to participate tonight due to lack of direction for today event.
This was not my original idea, and though I agree with you on most of that, we can not for any certainty know that Paul Walker was up for the idea or was trying to stop the driver. I agree the driver was stupid and it could have been a whole lot worse, but today was about a badge and getting the community involved, so I will schedule some time tonight for a Forza 5 private MP as well as rescheduling anyone who doesn't wish to participate tonight due to lack of direction for today event.
It wasn't the first time he was involved in a road incident, and previously he had been the driver. This time he wasn't, but, he had a history of bad choices in vehicles.

My main point was, don't tie it to today for him, as that is a poor reason. Reschedule it. Do it on a weekend. Make it a GTN event, purely.
If you are available today for Forza 2 i would just like to get it done now. I will be online the rest of the day. I will send you a message when I see you online.
Or, since life happened. You could just declare this canceled, and award the badge to those who had indicated intention to attend.

You already have your list together of 18 users. Give it to them and try again next year, or whenever.
I am up for the reschedule as well. Valid and important reasons distracted this, and I think that the lot of us can come up with something in the next 12 days that will honor Paul Walker.
Or, since life happened. You could just declare this canceled, and award the badge to those who had indicated intention to attend.

You already have your list together of 18 users. Give it to them and try again next year, or whenever.
Or this, if it really comes down to it.
im up for rescheduling, but I also wanted to use the Forza Fast and Furious game on the Xbox One. So if you or letting Hotdog do some sessions on the weekend that would be greaaaat...
Ok then, I'll give you this, catch me online anytime between now and 12/12 and play any Forza with me, you get the badge. I will still make plans for a 12/12 ultimate session which will pick up anyone who doesn't catch me up until then.
Ok then, I'll give you this, catch me online anytime between now and 12/12 and play any Forza with me, you get the badge. I will still make plans for a 12/12 ultimate session which will pick up anyone who doesn't catch me up until then.
Thanks for the games B8TINGU
UPDATE TIME:

The rescheduled event will take place on Dec, 12 of this month at 12pm (Noon) pacific standard time or Western time zone if you prefer. This is the only day you will get to, get this badge until next year around the same time.

To this I will be using Forza 5 for this (main) session but I will still use other games if needed to pick up you slackers who don't own it..lol.. this is just for the majority and after this session is over I will be switching games IF you wish to continue to play with the community then you are welcome to follow.

http://www.trueachievements.com/gami...ssionid=563392

A gaming session been made for this event at the above link IF you are DUAL member then I suggest signing up there so as to have a good reminder and tell your other dual member friends about this as well.. (see what I did there?)

If you are not dual member or simply do not wish to use TA for this then that is fine too, More details to follow.

NO MEMBER OF ANY OTHER SITE WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THIS SESSION UNLESS THEY ARE ALSO GTN MEMBERS.

This is a just for fun session and no boosting will be used for this time and or session. If you wish to boost we can talk about it and get something going at later time, but not during the session. If you happen to get an achievement then great! If you think you can boost with a friend really quick then go for it, but if your in my game and we ruin your chance tough. You've been warned. If you actually try to set up any type of boosting during the event that hinders the event in anyway you will be removed from the event and forfeit any badges you may have been awarded.

I have has some concern over the "honoring" of Paul Walker and the term Drag Racing. The event will be MP Virus and or IT. These game types should allow most everyone to join in and have some fun and be give everyone the same edge as some of you may not have some of the super cars that allow easy drag wins.

I will talk to Eric about removing Paul Walkers name from the badge.
Reserved For participants list.

Dvader83
Preludecris
MarvzMitts
Musquito
Kaens
QuiCkz Ninja
Lord Kirken Morder
Fshguy
Hotdogmcgee
Mightymango
Sentimentalnoos