I have caught several Kabuto's they are fairly common where I live. Changing areas does definitely spawn different varieties which is all fine and good until you can't catch anymore to level up or evolve the ones you have.
Evolving does count as catching them in your Pokedex.

I know people that got a Gyrados at a pond I like to go hunt magikarp at. It's small enough to skip a stone across so I think all that matters is the map shows you next to water.

Trading and 1on1 battles will come in the future, not in game yet.
Originally Posted by Kaens

Yeah, just needs to be water. I have picked up hitchhiking Squirtles on the road next to ponds.
I'm currently level 24 and I've caught 94 different Pokemon. I'm Team Instinct and helping lead a team at work. We already had probably 20 active Ingress players, but now for Pokemon we are closer to 100.

I have made a spreadsheet to help people on my team, but anyone can look at it if they like...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Only my team can edit it though. And B8, Kabuto is one of the original 150 Pokemon (listed in my doc) and I've never seen one so it's likely pretty rare. Different areas have some difference, for instance here in VA I rarely saw Psyducks, but in Hawaii I got tons of them (enough to level 3 of them into Golducks).
Originally Posted by Kaens
Now we know where all of your gaming time is going... Of course being an Ingress player, you already knew how to game the system.

Are Golducks useful? I haven't seen them on Pokestops. I haven't seen the Oddish evolution either. At work I have a great area for Psyducks...
Now we know where all of your gaming time is going... Of course being an Ingress player, you already knew how to game the system.

Are Golducks useful? I haven't seen them on Pokestops. I haven't seen the Oddish evolution either. At work I have a great area for Psyducks...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I have seen Golducks on gyms. It really depends on which moves it gets. My Vaporeon is really strong, but, honestly, has the shittiest of the water moves (at least, it feels that way).

I got Aquatail, which while being supereffective against all the Flareons you see, isn't really the strongest move. I get so jealous when I see someone's water type use Hydroblast or similar.
Nothing special about Golducks, they are a water type but they can have some good psychic moves. The normal strategies for Pokemon work best. You want dual type Pokemon if possible, and try and have move sets that counter your weaknesses. This is why I think all of the versions of Eevees are crap, they are so one sides and people like to put them up because most people it's the first "powerful" thing they will get because Eevees are pretty common and it only takes 25 candy to level.
I have seen Golducks on gyms. It really depends on which moves it gets. My Vaporeon is really strong, but, honestly, has the shittiest of the water moves (at least, it feels that way).

I got Aquatail, which while being supereffective against all the Flareons you see, isn't really the strongest move. I get so jealous when I see someone's water type use Hydroblast or similar.
Originally Posted by futiles
I guess something to learn, but it really doesn't seem like there's a lot you can do to prevent/slow down somebody from attacking your gym. Seems like mostly rock paper scissors.
I guess something to learn, but it really doesn't seem like there's a lot you can do to prevent/slow down somebody from attacking your gym. Seems like mostly rock paper scissors.
That's a fair assessment. Really, to hold a gym, I find that leveling it up to open a few extra slots helps. I find that almost always, if I open a spot, someone adds a Pokémon within minutes (if not seconds). Which makes it harder for someone to take it. I have yet to keep a gym longer than 36 hours, and that was a level 8 gym, with 4 Pokémon over 1400 power in it.

I don't think Evees are crap, but, yes, they are the quickest and easiest "strong" Pokémon to get. But, once you start getting those other evolutions or less common Pokémon, the "Eveeloutions" become less attractive. (Of course, I still grab all the Evees, because the next evolution might have a nicer attack...)
Who is playing?
Me, my wife and daughter

What team are you on?
I'm on Yellow, wife is on blue, daughter is on red.
(Should have all picked the same team)

What level are you?
I'm 18, daughter is 18, wife is 15.

How many unique Pokémon have you caught?
I've caught 72, seen 74. My daughter is the same, my wife is close to the same.

What device(s) are you using?
I use a LG G4, wife uses an iPhone 6 Plus and daughter is using a iPhone 5c.
Level 19 now... Expect to get to 20 tonight... I've been hitting some local hotspots this week while the family is away.

73 of 74, but I have about 8 or 9 evolutions queued up waiting to use my precious egg...
I am really hoping GenCon has some cool stuff going on. I would love to get some "new to me" Pokémon there.
I am really hoping GenCon has some cool stuff going on. I would love to get some "new to me" Pokémon there.
You're going back to Indiana?
You're going back to Indiana?
Yep, I am working GenCon next week with eBash. I have worked a con with Zack before, and offered my services for a bed and a badge.
Who is playing?
myself

What team are you on?
Team Valor (Red)

What level are you?
currently level 9 half way to level 10

How many unique Pokémon have you caught?
I've caught 35, seen 36.not a bad start just got to keep on going.

What device(s) are you using?
currently using samsung galaxy s4 mini
Yep, I am working GenCon next week with eBash. I have worked a con with Zack before, and offered my services for a bed and a badge.
Your own bed?

So... been going crazy this week with this game. 91/91... Hitting the curve on the ones I need to find, with a lot of stuff I need to find enough candy to evolve.

Bumping close to level 21... The experience curve will make it hard to get out of the low 20s.
Your own bed?

So... been going crazy this week with this game. 91/91... Hitting the curve on the ones I need to find, with a lot of stuff I need to find enough candy to evolve.

Bumping close to level 21... The experience curve will make it hard to get out of the low 20s.
Well, I am sharing with Dustin. So, my bed, with him visiting...
Soooo I was hitting a couple Pokestops on the way to work this morning (yes, I was sitting in a parking lot collecting Pokeballs at 445am because I'm fucked in the head Lol ) and there was a gym nearby with some low-level characters/pokes/whatever...so I pulled over to it. I clicked the fight button and whipped some ass. After that, it goes to a screen that says "you won", which I think gave me some XP and I drove away wondering WTF I just did. How do gyms work? I've seen people talk about "dropping pokemons off at the gym" but what does that mean? If you win, why does your team not "take over the gym"?

I'm slowly figuring out the aspects of the game but with gyms, I just don't get it...
Soooo I was hitting a couple Pokestops on the way to work this morning (yes, I was sitting in a parking lot collecting Pokeballs at 445am because I'm fucked in the head Lol ) and there was a gym nearby with some low-level characters/pokes/whatever...so I pulled over to it. I clicked the fight button and whipped some ass. After that, it goes to a screen that says "you won", which I think gave me some XP and I drove away wondering WTF I just did. How do gyms work? I've seen people talk about "dropping pokemons off at the gym" but what does that mean? If you win, why does your team not "take over the gym"?

I'm slowly figuring out the aspects of the game but with gyms, I just don't get it...
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Gyms can be built up, or taken down. Every time you fight a gym of a different color, you remove some experience from it based on how well/far you did. If you remove enough experience, then the gym will lose some of the Pokémon defending it. If you remove all the experience, it loses all it's defenders, and can be claimed by anyone.

Some gyms have taken me 8 and more battles to wipe them out.
Level 19 now... Expect to get to 20 tonight... I've been hitting some local hotspots this week while the family is away.

73 of 74, but I have about 8 or 9 evolutions queued up waiting to use my precious egg...
We haven't been able to go out at all this week. Driving me nuts. I'm only have way through 18 right now. However, I have like 20 something evolution's ready to do. I have 1 egg so I'm hoping to push into 19 and get 20 over the weekend if possible.
We haven't been able to go out at all this week. Driving me nuts. I'm only have way through 18 right now. However, I have like 20 something evolution's ready to do. I have 1 egg so I'm hoping to push into 19 and get 20 over the weekend if possible.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
I am sitting on 18 evolutions, and a lucky egg, but, I am 4 pokemon away from 4 more evolutions.

I'd like to get 25 evolutions banked and ready to go, and clear all of level 20 in one go...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account