Xbox 360 Store Shutting Down in 2024

Xbox 360

Found 33 posts - Go to Last Post

July 29, 2024 is the date that has been set to shut down the Xbox 360 store. This means you can no longer make any purchases on the Xbox 360 for games, DLC, and other entertainment content.

You will be able to re-download any purchased DLC & games that you deleted. Backwards compatibility will still be functional and you can use your Xbox One or Series X to keep buy available Xbox 360 titles & DLC.

Also Microsoft Movies & TV App will no longer work on the Xbox 360, that content will also be accessible on the new consoles & Windows 10.

So it's time to start looking through the marketplace and picking up some titles you may have overlooked.
This gave me an idea for a badge:

- Unlock any achievement on Xbox 360 on July 29, 2024 -

"Be there to see the end (Is there a post-credits scene?)"

But seriously, I really wish this didn't affect achievements on Xbox 360, it would be really sad...
The main concern here is the availability of Arcade Games and DLC.

Ohviously, game shops up and down the country stock plenty of classic 360 retail titles.
As long as all backwards compatible 360 and original Xbox games are still available for sale and all previously-purchased games can still be downloaded this isn’t a huge deal to me.

There’s probably very few sales of non-BC titles these days, and so I understand why they’d take them off the market. If they did it on short notice that would be pretty lame but giving people almost an entire year to make their final purchases seems fair.

And considering many of these games are still available physically - or have already been delisted for some time now - the only games that are well and truly becoming unavailable because of this are non-BC, digital-only, titles that have been available for sale for at least a decade.

In the grand scheme of things this doesn’t affect *that* many games, and even fewer games that are really worth playing. The preservationist in me is saddened by this, but I can’t actually think of a 360 game I really like that isn’t available physically that hasn’t already been delisted…
Alrighty, I've put together two lists. Hope they help with the upcoming 360 Marketplace shutdown.

First is a list of games that are Digital Only that are not backwards compatible and can be purchased today -> https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ah_Y7CqVH4YGhPVu...CzEfw?e=wa9VXb

Next is a list of all non backwards compatible DLC. This does include DLC that is delisted, but if it's a game that's still available for purchase, there's a pretty good chance you can get the DLC for it too. -> https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ah_Y7CqVH4YGhPYD...a8j3Q?e=UYjhPG

all of this data is directly coming from TA, and there is no DLC filtering between listed and delisted, but hopefully, it'll still be helpful to you
This gave me an idea for a badge:

- Unlock any achievement on Xbox 360 on July 29, 2024 -

"Be there to see the end (Is there a post-credits scene?)"

But seriously, I really wish this didn't affect achievements on Xbox 360, it would be really sad...
Originally Posted by DouguiNEW
It doesn't affect achievements on the Xbox 360. 360s will still work, they will still log in, they will still play games, they will still play multiplayer.

They will not be able to purchase content the user does not already own.

And they gave you a year.
First is a list of games that are Digital Only that are not backwards compatible and can be purchased today -> https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ah_Y7CqVH4YGhPVu...CzEfw?e=wa9VXb
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
(Halo Reach Firefight Announcer voice)
HERO!
Alrighty, I've put together two lists. Hope they help with the upcoming 360 Marketplace shutdown.

Next is a list of all non backwards compatible DLC. This does include DLC that is delisted, but if it's a game that's still available for purchase, there's a pretty good chance you can get the DLC for it too. -> https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ah_Y7CqVH4YGhPYD...a8j3Q?e=UYjhPG

all of this data is directly coming from TA, and there is no DLC filtering between listed and delisted, but hopefully, it'll still be helpful to you
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
Thanks for putting it together, I will look it over and cross reference with my hard drive.
Going the way as the nintendo eshop did. Wow this just calls for pirating.
Anyone have this but for EU?Thanks anyways for the link Smile
Going the way as the nintendo eshop did. Wow this just calls for pirating.
Originally Posted by hello8964
Yep, after supporting something for 10 years post EOL with a steady loss of revenue, finally cutting a service, with more than a year of notice, is absolutely a reason to do something illegal...
It would be nice if microsoft put back all the games and dlc that got delisted.
It would be nice if microsoft put back all the games and dlc that got delisted.
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
Microsoft doesn't decide to delist games. The individual publisher does, usually due to licensing agreements.
Microsoft doesn't decide to delist games. The individual publisher does, usually due to licensing agreements.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Microsoft end with gwg snd this kill the sale of 360
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
That's good to know. Thanks for informing me about it.
Microsoft end with gwg snd this kill the sale of 360
Originally Posted by xNotStopEvil
What??? I seriously don't know what you are trying to say here. The 360 literally isn't even for sale anymore, and has not been for a decade.
That's good to know. Thanks for informing me about it.
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
Yes, the Microsoft store is just that, a store. And games are only ever delisted because of reasons beyond Microsoft's control. That is why licensing is so important to understand. I am very curious to see what impact the EA-Lucasarts license expiration is going to cause over the next few years, and if Lucasarts decides to make a new exclusive deal with anyone else, it would mean total removal of all those old Star Wars games from every platform.
What??? I seriously don't know what you are trying to say here. The 360 literally isn't even for sale anymore, and has not been for a decade.
Originally Posted by futiles
You can still buy used from private sellers or possibly pawn shops. But retail hasn't sold any for years.
Originally Posted by futiles
I am trying said with xbox live gold you have access for sale in 360,now no are sale in 360 anymore.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account