What made you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass?

General Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

Did you subscribe to Game Pass at any point?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 6 (20.00%) No, I didn't and don't plan to.

× 2 (6.67%) No, but I plan to.

× 2 (6.67%) Yes, in the past.

× 20 (66.67%) Yes, I'm currently subscribed.

• Added 03-08-2021 08:57 PM
  • 30 votes
Partly, we'd like to know out of curiosity, partly we (staff) are trying out a new feature with this post.
Game Pass Ultimate is far too good of a deal, so that is why.
Don't subscribe to game pass, my backlog of games is bigger then their library of games.
Ironically, my backlog was already pretty long before I got Game Pass Ultimate last year. Now it's much longer with all the games on Game Pass. But I agree, Ultimate is a great deal with Xbox Live Gold bundled in.

I've been on a Final Fantasy kick recently and that's only growing my backlog since those games take a good 60+ hours to complete. Wouldn't have it any other way though.
I jumped on with the conversion deal to ultimate a while back. While I have played games on game pass and PC I have large backlog so when that subscription runs out I doubt I'll renew it and just stick with live only.
Don't subscribe to game pass, my backlog of games is bigger then their library of games.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I'm the same. The backlog gets bigger almost every month already with Games with Gold and I've gotten more casual with my game time.
Also, most of my console gameplay is part of Game Pass now. I play MS titles, Obsidian (now also MS), Bethesda (Also, now MS), EA for Bioware (oh look, also game pass), Madden usually well after the season (hey, also Game Pass), and Ubisoft.

So, Ubisoft isn't in Game Pass, but, much like 6 months ago with EA, the same rumors are swirling for Ubisoft. So, it looks like 100% of my non-Nintendo/Playstation gaming will be included in Game Pass.
GPU here. The way I figure it, if it saves me the cost of buying 2 or more AAA titles a year, it's a better deal. Since the MS first party titles go on game pass (Halo, Gears, Forza), it easily has paid for itself, as well as my Live sub.

Like futiles, I find a lot of the games I play start or end up on game pass, and with EA Play now there, and likely Ubi coming soon, it is the best deal in gaming.

I don't look at everything in GP as being in my backlog. I'm not going to play a lot of those games ever. I also have dozens of games on my hard drive that I never finished or never started. I've come to accept that I never will, and will continue to buy new things that I'll likely not touch. I only buy games on sale, participate in the rewards stuff (including GP rewards) and buy gift cards when they are on sale, so I never pay full price for anything. Hell, I even bought GPU cards last Christmas when there were some great sales, and I was already maxed out on my subscription time anyway.

I would tell everyone that if you're paying for Live, you should be paying for GPU instead. It's not much more and you can easily find a few games to make up the value. I would never tell anyone to pay full retail price for either though.
I pay for two Game Pass Unlimited. 1 to cover me game sharing with son #2. The other so Son #1 can have access to as many games as possible.

I'm waiting for the day where family accounts allow my games library to be shared with my full family.
I pay for two Game Pass Unlimited. 1 to cover me game sharing with son #2. The other so Son #1 can have access to as many games as possible.

I'm waiting for the day where family accounts allow my games library to be shared with my full family.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
That's a good point. I'd imagine Game Pass would be a great deal for those with kids. They have a good selection of kid-friendly games and it gives them a chance to play them without having to purchase a lot of games that they may not play much or end up liking.
I wanted to play sea of thieves and later resubscribed a few times because you got sea of thieves cosmetics for logging in Smile
I've had game pass ever since it was on sale for a $1 for ultimate and been using Microsoft points to get/keep it for "free" ever since.
Had just signed up for a year of Gold when they ran the $1 deal, so that was a no-brainer, and I've kept it running ever since then using points.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account