Member of the Month August 2017 (ZeroDesolation)

Community Interviews

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Cue the music: (Lady Ga Ga, Poker Face... Oh Oh Oh Oh,.....er..I mean 0, 0, 0, lol....oh wait, I must have really desolated that song...but hey our next gamer wants the DJ to play a song too! So lets try to catch up with this guy before he goes running (I mean I could, but hey I'm just speaking for myself here) Born from the decent of bad 90's movies this guy know how to tear things up, even if he is the underdog, I'll let him explain that though, so lets SMASH some numbers, more particularly a zero and what do you really know about Zero...lets find out.

Name:
Jeffrey Klepper.

Family?
Married, 2 kids, 2 cats and 1 dog.

Where do you live?:
Warner Robins, GA. 2 hours below Atlanta, GA.

What do you do for a living?
I work for The Boeing Company doing IT support for the Air Force.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
Back when I had bought my very first computer, I was playing Descent (remember that game?) with all my friends. I was probably one of the few you’d run into actually playing it with a keyboard and mouse instead of a flight stick. Still kicked some butt though. Anyway, while playing that game, I always would type in “Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest” since I was usually on top for winning. I used it all the time so I continued using it through other games. I then joined the military and while I was overseas in Korea, I watch a movie called Hackers. I’m sure everyone has seen that. Well the main guy used my saying so I took his username to call it even. ZeroCool stuck for a while but at some point while playing Crimson Skies, so playing that when it comes out on Xbox One, someone made the comment of you’re not Cool and you’re more like Desolation. I was literally owning everyone on the map with the smallest plane and having a blast doing it. So I dropped the Cool and changed over to ZeroDesolation. Haven’t changed it since. Most people just call me Zero now and some people still don’t know my real name to this day. Maybe I shouldn’t have said my real name.

What is your favorite ice cream?
Butter Pecan, hands down.

When did you start playing?
Getting old so the memory is starting to fade on this. I remember playing on the Commodore 64, the Atari and NES. I think that’s the order but can’t remember the age on when I started.

How often and long do you play?
I actually am constantly playing games, just not on the Xbox One. On the Xbox One I usually hop on around 9-10 and get off about 11-11:30 unless its Friday night then I stay up later. Everything else I play is on the mobile side of the house. I’ve never played any Pokemon games but I’m always playing Pokemon Go right now. I’m also playing Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, and been playing some Idle Heroes. I play new games to see if I like anything new but nothing stays constant like the games I’ve listed. The whole family is waiting for the Animal Crossing mobile game, so that’s the next big mobile game I’ll be playing.

What’s your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist?
I do it all. I’m trying to get away from being a completionist but it’s a very hard thing to do when you’ve done it for so long. So now I’ll play to where if I see the achievement is just ridiculous and way to time consuming, I’ll move on. If I don’t, then I’ll never get to play any new games.

What is your biggest pet-peeve?
I always want to keep any screen I have clean of all smudges: Monitor, cell phone, TV, etc.. When some friends realized how clean my monitor was when I use play PC games all the time and questioned me on it, they learned of my pet peeve. I’m not even sure what all they put on my screen after that, repeatedly.

What is your current gaming set up like?
My Xbox One is hooked up to my 55in LG TV in the living room. It’s also our media box so it gets used by everyone and it’s not just for gaming.

What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Play That Song by Train. Bringing back the classics are always a good thing when they do a good job on the updated versions.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything?
Let’s see, maybe The Darkness, no I kept falling asleep boosting that one. COD4 was probably one of my greatest accomplishments. I didn’t think I would ever get through that plane with that short time limit. I’ve never been so excited when I finally beat that story mode.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
I’ve played with so many awesome players over the years that the list would be extremely long for me to give them all a shout out. So my shout out is to everyone I’ve ever played with. Without them all, it just wouldn’t have been the same experience.

Is there any goal you would like to achieve this year?
I’d like to complete all the games I’ve started to the point I can let them go. I keep playing new games and not really finishing the ones I’ve just started.

What's your favorite game genre?
I don’t have a particular genre as I like to play all types of different games. If it’s good and fun, I’ll play it. Sometimes I get sucked into the bad ones too.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)?
Left 4 Dead is my all-time favorite game and it was on the 360. I literally had to sell the game and Left 4 Dead 2 to stop playing it in order to start playing other games as I just couldn’t put it down. We need a Left 4 Dead 3 on Xbox One.

What is your worst game and Why?
Bionicle Heroes (Lost my save file at the end 3 times. I have one of the longest times played on this game but it is 100% done.) or NBA Ballers (I ran through the game 4 times over.), you choose.

If you were a Video Game or game character, who and why?
I’ve always been a Hulk fan, so I would want to be the Hulk to smash everything.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Scalebound! Oh wait, Microsoft canceled the only game I’ve wanted since launch. Anthem and Sea of Thieves looks like something worth playing.

What else do you do besides gaming?
My work and family always come first, so until the day is complete with them, I won’t be on my Xbox. Then it’s the norm of watching movies, TV, and YouTube like everyone else. I have recently gotten back into running. Training up to do a 5K very soon with the wife, which she is awesome as she ran a half marathon recently.

Do you collect or not so much?
You mean that dust pile of games I use to own and never got to? Nope, they are gone and I have a new digital backlog collection that doesn’t collect dust now.

What’s your favorite feature on GTN?
The forums. It’s where I go to see what’s going on.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
Looking for a group of hard core gamers that cover all different types of games. Join GTN and earn some badges while you’re rocking out some Gamerscore.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
There is one thing I miss from the 360 Voice days that was always a blast to do. Have a community night in a game where everyone gets online during a certain time frame to play the same game for fun. It could be as simple as playing ROBLOX and everyone running through the speed run game to see who can get to the end. There should be a Community badge for everyone who comes to play. Hey, I finally had an idea for a badge. Will this count for the Badge Artisan badge or do I still need to post this idea in the forums?

GTN on Facebook
Halfway through this my headset cut out, what the crap?!?
Halfway through this my headset cut out, what the crap?!?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Got some newer batteries and a new controller so hopefully this won't keep happening. Even though I did have it happen once when the batteries got low or the plug wasn't quite in right.
What is your favorite ice cream?
Butter Pecan, hands down.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Obviously from GA.
This was an excellent MotM - great to know a familiar face from 360v a lot better! Smile

Though I greatly disagree, butter pecan ice cream is actually the worst :P
Obviously from GA.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I do live in GA but was not born here. My butter pecan ice cream addiction is my from my childhood in SC. 8)
This was an excellent MotM - great to know a familiar face from 360v a lot better! Smile

Though I greatly disagree, butter pecan ice cream is actually the worst :P
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I keep cookies and cream on the side for people like you. haha
Learned from introductions at Achievement Fest to just use my gamertag and not my real name (They were at least 4 Mikes there lol)

Enjoy these background stories. Always an interesting read!!
Learned from introductions at Achievement Fest to just use my gamertag and not my real name (They were at least 4 Mikes there lol)

Enjoy these background stories. Always an interesting read!!
Originally Posted by smokenrocket
You will notice, in my MotM, my name was futiles...
Welcome to our exclusive MotM club ZD! Great read.
Yay MoTM! Congrats bud!

You need to make the trip to AF2018, that way I don't have to attempt to talk to you on the phone when it is near impossible to hear anything.
Yay MoTM! Congrats bud!

You need to make the trip to AF2018, that way I don't have to attempt to talk to you on the phone when it is near impossible to hear anything.
Originally Posted by Mightymango
I want to attend but it always seems to be on a weekend that I have something going on. One year for sure.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account