What other games do you play?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (5.88%) Books: Fighting Fantasy, CYOA, Lone Wolf etc

× 8 (47.06%) Board: From Monopoly to Zombies

× 5 (29.41%) Tabletop: Warhammer, war games etc

× 3 (17.65%) Role Playing: Werewolf TA, Vampire TM, etc

× 3 (17.65%) Non-traditional card games: Magic, etc

× 9 (52.94%) Traditional card games: Playing Cards, Uno etc

× 1 (5.88%) The occasional spot of Scrabble, maybe...

× 5 (29.41%) I rarely, if ever, play other games

• Added 09-12-2022 02:59 PM
  • 17 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
For today's poll, I'm trying to promote discussion around games which aren't related to computers / consoles / tablets / phones. (Don't worry - I'll be coming to other hobbies soon!)

For me personally, playing games in any form is a fantastic way to lose myself in another world, whether that's alone or with other people.

I remember discovering Choose Your Own Adventure books in primary school, and later the Usborn Solve-it-Yourself books. Eventually, I happened upon Fighting Fantasy books in my local WHSmith, and that was it - a life long obsession began. I still have the entire collection of solo adventures today. In fact, solo books 70 and 71 came out just a couple of weeks ago, one each written by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson!

I followed a natural progression into board games on similar themes. Horror House and Ghost Castle gave way to Key to the Kingdom, then Hero Quest and Space Crusade. Now, I have a huge collection of strategy board games, most of which have been published by Rio Grande. Absolutely love them.

I did try a bit of LARPing with Vampire: The Masquerade, but it wasn't for me. Just made me feel a bit silly!

What about you guys? Do you have any other games you like to play?

I had some choose your own adventure books when I was a kid too. The thing that really got me when an 8th grader at lunch time brought a Dungeon & Dragons campaign with miniatures to school. That started me collecting all the D&D modules and playing some with my cousins. We even played some of the other genres like Star Frontiers. It eventually fell off as most things do.

Right before the pandemic one of my cousins wanted to start DMing and we have been playing on and off for the last few years. With the advent of Roll 20 online gaming setup we played through the pandemic virtually from our homes.
I had some choose your own adventure books when I was a kid too. The thing that really got me when an 8th grader at lunch time brought a Dungeon & Dragons campaign with miniatures to school. That started me collecting all the D&D modules and playing some with my cousins. We even played some of the other genres like Star Frontiers. It eventually fell off as most things do.

Right before the pandemic one of my cousins wanted to start DMing and we have been playing on and off for the last few years. With the advent of Roll 20 online gaming setup we played through the pandemic virtually from our homes.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
That's really cool! I'd be interested to know if Stranger Things led to an increase in D&D interest. I've certainly seen a lot of people wearing the Hellfire Club T shirt Smile
That's really cool! I'd be interested to know if Stranger Things led to an increase in D&D interest. I've certainly seen a lot of people wearing the Hellfire Club T shirt Smile
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
It's a huge show for sure there has to be an uptick in interest. There is also a movie looming in the shadows. Then you have celebrities like Joe Manganiello hosting games as well as others hosting them on Twitch. Actor Sam Witmer (and 3 other guys) created Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana: A Visual History. There is more D&D these days for sure.
I love finding different games (some I've gotten via Kickstarter) like "Unstable Unicorns"; "Cards Against Humanity"; Settlers of Catan; Pandemic; Jim Henson's Labyrinth; etc.

You can get an idea of my gaming shenanigans by checking out my collection of games, expansions, and add-ons here: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection...yruleBalverine
Granted, this doesn't include some more... adult themed ones like "Suddenly Drunk" which is a drinking game you play while playing any other game Lol
I love finding different games (some I've gotten via Kickstarter) like "Unstable Unicorns"; "Cards Against Humanity"; Settlers of Catan; Pandemic; Jim Henson's Labyrinth; etc.

You can get an idea of my gaming shenanigans by checking out my collection of games, expansions, and add-ons here: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection...yruleBalverine
Granted, this doesn't include some more... adult themed ones like "Suddenly Drunk" which is a drinking game you play while playing any other game Lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Haha! Excellent. I'll be sure to check out your collection.

Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine

If you want an easier to use version of your collection, especially well on mobile devices:

http://futiles.net/BGG/GameList.php?...yruleBalverine

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account