Are the app based badges possible to get anymore?

General Chat

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Can the App related badges still be earned

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 13 (48.15%) Oooh, thanks for a poll

× 14 (51.85%) I don't know, but thanks for adding a poll

• Added 06-20-2021 12:20 AM
  • 27 votes
For whatever reason, I got the idea to look at my "locked" badges and noticed something interesting, which got me to thinking. On June 14, 2014, I'd unlocked the App Addict badges I, II, and III, but now IV shows as only having 39 of the necessary 100 apps for unlocking the badge. I attribute that to some combination of Xbox apps no longer having achievements and that you don't seem to see the apps listed in your profile any longer. To test this out, I installed an app that I'd never used before and then synced my profile, but I did not see a change in apps registering on the site. Also, out of curiosity, I checked how many apps are listed both here and on ... ahem... another achievement related site Wink ... and there are less than 100 showing. Which begs the question, can the app related badges still be unlocked by members of the site, and if so, are there enough viable apps to still get App Addict IV?
If I had to guess, I'd say probably not. Of the apps available on Xbox consoles, I've only had four with achievements and of those, two had broken achievements that couldn't be properly unlocked.

Also, the badges were changed from their original "use an app on Xbox" function to "unlock an achievement in an Xbox app," so if you had used more apps prior to this change, those apps that didn't have any achievements were removed from your total number of Xbox apps used.
It's probably not possible to meet the criteria for them if you haven't already, but there could be people out there who have met the criteria but aren't on GTN, and if they were to join up in the future, those badges would be unlocked for them since it's already on their profile. I could be off the mark though.
It's probably not possible to meet the criteria for them if you haven't already, but there could be people out there who have met the criteria but aren't on GTN, and if they were to join up in the future, those badges would be unlocked for them since it's already on their profile. I could be off the mark though.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
I considered that, but I don't see the apps on the profiles any longer. But, maybe the scanners can still see them. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account