Achievement Fest 2018

General Chat

Put it in the books. Our largest Achievement Fest yet has been successfully completed.

Why does next year's feel so long away??
Put it in the books. Our largest Achievement Fest yet has been successfully completed.

Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Because today is the longest time until more Achievement Fest.

Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Because we all need LOTS of sleep!
Hope everyone had fun this year. I did not get to know 2 of our newbies as much as I would have liked, but, the other 4 were welcome additions to the crowd. Hopefully we see them all return.

Looking into Achievement Fest 2019, I have some thoughts and questions while everyone is still fresh:

1) If the dates were to be tweaked, how much would you want them tweaked, if any? (Not saying they would change, but, always open to the discussion).

2) Shirts and Badges - I am not a design person, so, each year, for the last three, is an update on the previous design. If I continue being the one doing the badges and shirts, well, you can expect what future ones will look like. Anyone have any interest in trying their hand at a design, and putting it up for scrutiny? PM me if you are.

3) Hotels for 2019 - If we get a deal worked out with various hotels to give us blocks with a decent rate, how much would it impact your attendance decision if you must use one of our rooms to attend? I would want to have a couple of price options, so that we had something <$70, <$85, and <$100. Would a shuttle service be an attractive offset to this requirement?

4) Guinness World Records - Achievement Fest 2013 (AchieveFest2013) is still the GWR holder for most gamerscore by a group, and Mr pTart is still the individual GWR holder. There has been talk about trying again, if we can get things lined up. Would being a part of this be attractive to you?

5) 100+ seats sold - Not a question... This year, we sold 34 seats (7 AFJr and 27 Adults), if we can sell 100+ seats, we can close eBash for the weekend. Basically, there would be no place for anyone else but us. I am up for this idea, as it adds a lot of freedom to us, but, I will need to promote it elsewhere than just GTN, and others will need to provide word of mouth. Anyone have any thoughts on where to advertise?

1) If the dates were to be tweaked, how much would you want them tweaked, if any? (Not saying they would change, but, always open to the discussion). I am cool with the dates period in time. Actually this year was better as that fair or whatever wasn't going on.

3) Hotels for 2019 - If we get a deal worked out with various hotels to give us blocks with a decent rate, how much would it impact your attendance decision if you must use one of our rooms to attend? I would want to have a couple of price options, so that we had something <$70, <$85, and <$100. Would a shuttle service be an attractive offset to this requirement? It would be cool but haven't needed a shuttle yet. A group rate would be nice.

4) Guinness World Records - Achievement Fest 2013 (AchieveFest2013) is still the GWR holder for most gamerscore by a group, and Mr pTart is still the individual GWR holder. There has been talk about trying again, if we can get things lined up. Would being a part of this be attractive to you? No interest here

5) 100+ seats sold - Not a question... This year, we sold 34 seats (7 AFJr and 27 Adults), if we can sell 100+ seats, we can close eBash for the weekend. Basically, there would be no place for anyone else but us. I am up for this idea, as it adds a lot of freedom to us, but, I will need to promote it elsewhere than just GTN, and others will need to provide word of mouth. Anyone have any thoughts on where to advertise?
Originally Posted by futiles
I will be mentioning it on the two podcasts I am on to advertise it.
Hope everyone had fun this year. I did not get to know 2 of our newbies as much as I would have liked, but, the other 4 were welcome additions to the crowd. Hopefully we see them all return.

Looking into Achievement Fest 2019, I have some thoughts and questions while everyone is still fresh:

1) If the dates were to be tweaked, how much would you want them tweaked, if any? (Not saying they would change, but, always open to the discussion). The more in the middle of the month, the better.

2) Shirts and Badges - I am not a design person, so, each year, for the last three, is an update on the previous design. If I continue being the one doing the badges and shirts, well, you can expect what future ones will look like. Anyone have any interest in trying their hand at a design, and putting it up for scrutiny? PM me if you are. Pass.

3) Hotels for 2019 - If we get a deal worked out with various hotels to give us blocks with a decent rate, how much would it impact your attendance decision if you must use one of our rooms to attend? I would want to have a couple of price options, so that we had something <$70, <$85, and <$100. Would a shuttle service be an attractive offset to this requirement? I think a pool is now going to be the attractive option, or in-room hot tub. I miss the Holiday Inn.

4) Guinness World Records - Achievement Fest 2013 (AchieveFest2013) is still the GWR holder for most gamerscore by a group, and Mr pTart is still the individual GWR holder. There has been talk about trying again, if we can get things lined up. Would being a part of this be attractive to you? I am in for the group attempt. Need to keep my certificate valid.

5) 100+ seats sold - Not a question... This year, we sold 34 seats (7 AFJr and 27 Adults), if we can sell 100+ seats, we can close eBash for the weekend. Basically, there would be no place for anyone else but us. I am up for this idea, as it adds a lot of freedom to us, but, I will need to promote it elsewhere than just GTN, and others will need to provide word of mouth. Anyone have any thoughts on where to advertise? I am pretty tapped on word of mouth. But, every year I try to get more of my local people to attend.
I am working on getting forums up on AF site now. I would like to move discussion there, soon, and have a single place to direct people who hear about it on a podcast, or a gamer site, or at a convention...
The dates work well for me. Don't know if moving it would be an issue with work.
Group rates would be good, provided we can be sure to have enough rooms at each rate. Don't want to see people opt out just because they don't want to pay the higher rates if those are the only rooms available.
If we did another Guinness attempt I'd be in, but would be fine with it if we didn't.
Getting it out on various gaming podcasts could be good, since we had a few more people this year via that route.
I would like to use the thread at http://achievementfest.com/forums/to...ussion-thread/ to go forward on the discussion for future AF changes...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account