What’s your favorite James Bond movie?

Entertainment

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

What’s your favorite James Bond movie? (pre-Dalton era)

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 0 (0%) Dr. No

× 2 (10.00%) From Russia With Love

× 2 (10.00%) Goldfinger

× 0 (0%) Thunderball

× 2 (10.00%) You Only Live Twice

× 1 (5.00%) On Her Majesty’s Secret Service

× 0 (0%) Diamonds Are Forever

× 1 (5.00%) Live And Let Die

× 2 (10.00%) The Man With The Golden Gun

× 2 (10.00%) The Spy Who Loved Me

× 1 (5.00%) Moonraker

× 1 (5.00%) For Your Eyes Only

× 1 (5.00%) Never Say Never Again

× 0 (0%) Octopussy

× 0 (0%) A View To A Kill

× 5 (25.00%) never seen any of these, poll please

• Added 05-22-2023 06:56 AM
  • 20 votes
Very tough question, I’m going to have to think about it for a while myself…
Looks like I’ll have to do a part 2 because I can hit the 16 answer limit.

I know Never Say Never Again isn’t an Eon film so it’s not put on the same level as the rest but it’s still Sean Connery and it’s a really solid remake of Thunderball so I’m including it anyway.
Never Say Never Again was the first one I've seen. So i pick that one lol
Never Say Never Again was the first one I've seen. So i pick that one lol
Originally Posted by Habahboi
I might be in the minority of Bond fans but I think it’s a really solid entry. Thunderball is one of my favorite Bond books, and NSNA is, in my opinion, a better Thunderball movie than Thunderball itself. The original is just too slow paced.
I voted The Spy Who Loved Me, which is probably my favorite in the whole franchise.

Nice to see You Only Live Twice getting some appreciation. That’s the most underrated Connery movie (aside from NSNA) in my opinion.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service is the best film of these, as it has the best character development in any of the old films, and the story was always super important to the character. Even the Dalton Bonds reference back to it. It is just that instead of having Lazenby be his own Bond, they had him be Connery (and he isn't). Even Roger Moore suffered this initially, Live and Let Die, Moore is playing Connery's Bond, and in his autobiography he told the production company it wasn't right, and he wouldn't do it again. Which set the precedent of each actor being their own Bond. (Which worked way better)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account