What Halo game will you play first?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Found 25 posts - Go to Last Post

Which of the Halo games will you replay first? Or will you jump straight into Multiplayer?
I expect that I'll start at the beginning and work my way through the series chronologically. Although, I can't decide whether it should be by order of release or by in-game-reality timeline...
What no poll? I'll replay them all in order.
I may start in Halo 2, unless they redid any of Halo CE?
I expect that I'll start at the beginning and work my way through the series chronologically. Although, I can't decide whether it should be by order of release or by in-game-reality timeline...
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Which game would be out of release order? I do not believe that ODST nor Reach is included, so, wouldn't it be the same for release and story?

Halo CE -> Halo 2 -> Halo 3 -> Halo 4?
I may start in Halo 2, unless they redid any of Halo CE?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I do believe the Halo CE is the Anniversary edition, so it is remade. I believe its the same game, just better graphics and maybe some secret stuff added into it.
What no poll? I'll replay them all in order.
Originally Posted by Kaens
This. I need like 2 more lol. Oh I'm gonna play this first one duh.
I do believe the Halo CE is the Anniversary edition, so it is remade. I believe its the same game, just better graphics and maybe some secret stuff added into it.
Originally Posted by Damnlag
They all have different achievements though, that's what I'm interested in. It wont be your basic complete each level achievement which makes it a little more interesting.
I'd start at the beginning and work my way through. CE-2-3-4. That is after I load up one game of Blood Gulch on CE and ram two pumas together.

I also kept telling myself that I was going to wait until I finish Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive before buying it, but then I looked in the mirror and saw that "Sucker" was written on my forehead and I just went and pre-ordered it through SmartGlass. Geesh, now if I could only ship my kids off to college I could work through this backlog... sigh... only 16 more years to go.
I'd start at the beginning and work my way through. CE-2-3-4. That is after I load up one game of Blood Gulch on CE and ram two pumas together.

I also kept telling myself that I was going to wait until I finish Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive before buying it, but then I looked in the mirror and saw that "Sucker" was written on my forehead and I just went and pre-ordered it through SmartGlass. Geesh, now if I could only ship my kids off to college I could work through this backlog... sigh... only 16 more years to go.
Halo 2 of course. lol.. i hope that they did not do anything to the superbounces... that was the best part of Halo 2..
Maybe I am missing something, but, why is Halo 2 so popular? I have seen users on many site say things like "Halo 2 of course" or "Obviously Halo 2" or other variations. I really have very negative memories of that one. From horrible experiences on Xbox Live to just a ho-hum story...
It's because of the online play. Matchmaking, ranks, and balance hadn't really been done at the level of H2 at that time.
I'm basing on mine on I "just" played Halo CE, it doesn't look like they did too much more too it. Halo 2 is the next in progression. I think the main problem with Halo 2 story is it stopped without completing a story arc and left us hanging for Halo 3.

I played thousands of matches for Halo 2, too bad online was not working yesterday.
Another vote for this thread needs a poll.

Going to start with Halo 4 since I never got around to finish it on the 360
Halo 2 is the only one I haven't played, but I'll be doing them all in order.
Halo 2 for a few reasons.

1) They re-did Halo: CE for Anniversary, so Halo 2 was the only one unavailable to play on the 360.
2) Blur updated the cut-scenes to be beautiful, and people remember the story fondly, even if it is the identifiable point where Bungie goes completely off the rails in their ability to trim a story down to coherent.
3) Halo 2 MP also has a bit of nostalgia where Xbox Live as we know it was birthed with Halo 2. It was the watershed moment of online console play for many, plus Bungie makes a damn good multiplayer arena game.

Best comparison I can think of is that it's the Godfather 2 of video games.
Halo 2 for a few reasons.

1) They re-did Halo: CE for Anniversary, so Halo 2 was the only one unavailable to play on the 360.
2) Blur updated the cut-scenes to be beautiful, and people remember the story fondly, even if it is the identifiable point where Bungie goes completely off the rails in their ability to trim a story down to coherent.
3) Halo 2 MP also has a bit of nostalgia where Xbox Live as we know it was birthed with Halo 2. It was the watershed moment of online console play for many, plus Bungie makes a damn good multiplayer arena game.

Best comparison I can think of is that it's the Godfather 2 of video games.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
I pretty much look at Halo 2 as the game that ruined Xbox Live. But, to each their own.
Halo 2 first, then go back and play all the way through the series.
I pretty much look at Halo 2 as the game that ruined Xbox Live. But, to each their own.
Originally Posted by futiles
I would hate to assume what you mean by this? Is it because it made the platform attractive to teenagers, therefore making people take notice of XBOX and making it viable as a console platform? Seems like we've had this discussion before.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account