I am sitting on 18 evolutions, and a lucky egg, but, I am 4 pokemon away from 4 more evolutions.

I'd like to get 25 evolutions banked and ready to go, and clear all of level 20 in one go...
Originally Posted by futiles
But it's 50k to level 21 from 20, sadly, what you described gets you barely more than halfway there...
But it's 50k to level 21 from 20, sadly, what you described gets you barely more than halfway there...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Gross, guess I will either use it now to clear out level 19, or double up and get 50 sitting in my pocket...
Gross, guess I will either use it now to clear out level 19, or double up and get 50 sitting in my pocket...
Might as well take the 25 now, you get two more lucky eggs at level 20. Just that progression really slows down after 20. The level affects what you can capture, to best to push to the next level in any case.

It takes 260k to get to level 20, here are the progressions after that, so level 25 to 26 takes almost as much experience as 1 to 20... Or if Kaens is a level 24, he's already 350k ahead of us...

20 50,000
21 75,000
22 100,000
23 125,000
24 150,000
25 190,000
Might as well take the 25 now, you get two more lucky eggs at level 20. Just that progression really slows down after 20. The level affects what you can capture, to best to push to the next level in any case.

It takes 260k to get to level 20, here are the progressions after that, so level 25 to 26 takes almost as much experience as 1 to 20... Or if Kaens is a level 24, he's already 350k ahead of us...

20 50,000
21 75,000
22 100,000
23 125,000
24 150,000
25 190,000

Wow, I hadn't looked ahead at anything like that. I had started looking at behind the scenes things, like the APIs and what people are doing with them. So, yeah, guess I will see about just jumping ahead to level 20...
Gyms can be built up, or taken down. Every time you fight a gym of a different color, you remove some experience from it based on how well/far you did. If you remove enough experience, then the gym will lose some of the Pokémon defending it. If you remove all the experience, it loses all it's defenders, and can be claimed by anyone.

Some gyms have taken me 8 and more battles to wipe them out.
Nice. Thank you, sir
20 is definitely where the big hump starts for earning experience. It just seems to get worse the higher up you go.

At least when you hit level 30, all the Pokemon will stay the same stats until you hit 40. So that will be interesting when we get to that point. It'll be all about boosting up your Pokemon or catching better ones.
20 is definitely where the big hump starts for earning experience. It just seems to get worse the higher up you go.

At least when you hit level 30, all the Pokemon will stay the same stats until you hit 40. So that will be interesting when we get to that point. It'll be all about boosting up your Pokemon or catching better ones.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
I don't see that being an issue any time soon, even that guy that caught them all was only level 31.
I don't see that being an issue any time soon, even that guy that caught them all was only level 31.
I'm only at 14 (halfway to 15) so far. It's supposed to rain all day/evening today though, so I'll probably give it hell for a few hours after work Lol
Who is playing?
I am.

What team are you on?
Cannot pick one yet.

What level are you?
Level 1

How many unique Pokémon have you caught?
None

What device(s) are you using?
Just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy J1 (android) for it.
Who is playing?
I am.

What team are you on?
Cannot pick one yet.

What level are you?
Level 1

How many unique Pokémon have you caught?
None

What device(s) are you using?
Just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy J1 (android) for it.
Originally Posted by Musquito
Well, the learning curve can be steep, but, ask here, I am sure one of us will have an answer.
I made it to level 19. Then I used a lucky egg and evolved over 30 something Pokemon. I went from the beginning of level 19 and got half way through lvl 20.

I turned and did the same for my wife. She just hit lvl17. She had 40 evolutions to do. She made it all the way to lvl 19.

The majority of our evolutions were pigey's and ratatta. We both got like 4 or 5 new Pokemon added to our Pokedeck.

It's definitely worth saving up a bunch of evolutions, using a lucky egg and evolving them all in 1 shot.

I'm about 3/5 through lvl 20 now.

I recorded a video of me doing it all but I might not be able to post it. I'll see after I listen to it all.
I made it to level 19. Then I used a lucky egg and evolved over 30 something Pokemon. I went from the beginning of level 19 and got half way through lvl 20.

I turned and did the same for my wife. She just hit lvl17. She had 40 evolutions to do. She made it all the way to lvl 19.

The majority of our evolutions were pigey's and ratatta. We both got like 4 or 5 new Pokemon added to our Pokedeck.

It's definitely worth saving up a bunch of evolutions, using a lucky egg and evolving them all in 1 shot.

I'm about 3/5 through lvl 20 now.

I recorded a video of me doing it all but I might not be able to post it. I'll see after I listen to it all.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
Yeah, I had about 45K after all was setup and ready last night. I am now 35/50K towards 21. Thankfully, I have not used one of the two lucky eggs you get at level 20.
Sadly I think the most recent update may have killed Pokemon Go. Seems like a bunch of people are upset with it.
Sadly I think the most recent update may have killed Pokemon Go. Seems like a bunch of people are upset with it.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Definitely will make it harder to find stuff. I heard they made it harder to catch stuff once you find it. I'm sure there will be more tweaks. I'm curious how long it will be before they release more Pokemon. Is 3 months too long? I don't know how many generations of Pokemon there are?

Fortunately I've found most of what I can easily find and I passed Kaens on the Pokemon found leaderboard... at least for a day(106). I'm going back to my normal routine, so progress is going to be slow now.
Yeah. Pretty dick of Niantic to C&D all of the tracker apps/sites when their own in-game radar is completely broken. Way to shut out half your fanbase in one shot. People in rural and even suburban areas with limited resources are completely fucked by this move.
I noticed that last night. Ratattas were getting away and Spearows became any little @$^^&s!

Fortunately I've found most of what I can easily find and I passed Kaens on the Pokemon found leaderboard... at least for a day(106). I'm going back to my normal routine, so progress is going to be slow now.
I'm at 107/108, so not sure if you are still ahead of me on that leaderboard. Probably, I can only catch what is there.

Yeah. Pretty dick of Niantic to C&D all of the tracker apps/sites when their own in-game radar is completely broken. Way to shut out half your fanbase in one shot. People in rural and even suburban areas with limited resources are completely fucked by this move.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Actually, it was ridiculous of them to ever offer APIs like that in the first place, it's undoubtedly causing tons of server load on their end and Niantic is the ones that have to pay for it. Same reason MS is stingy with abuse of their APIs and why Eric doesn't have something here available for badges or whatever.

The code for tracking in game worked fine, until they hit scale, at which point it undoubtedly became too expensive. First thing they turned off was the map of where you caught it, and now they removed the footstep trackers. Maybe once the rush settles down and money is pouring in they will be able to afford some of those features.

I'm curious how long it will be before they release more Pokemon. Is 3 months too long? I don't know how many generations of Pokemon there are?.
Oh 3 months is crazy, never happy that fast. Ingress they do events that run year long and have stuff all over the world. They don't even have all of the Pokemon in this game yet. They are going to make events out to get the legendary birds (this is all my personal speculation), at which events you will be able to get your team bird (Zapdos for me) and probably some big culminating event to get Mewtwo. I don't know wtf is up with Ditto, but he's clearly missing for a reason. Honestly, maybe because they don't know what moves to give him. He looks like a pile of silly putty and his move is the move that he was just attacked with. Hard to play in the normal games, but can be really powerful.

My guess, and what I think they need to do for super Pokefans like myself, is add Shinies. The are alternate skin Pokemon that are super rare, although with 50+ million people playing they would be found quickly. Most people never even knew they existed in the normal games and probably had or passed them up when they saw them. That would be nice, just a little "oooo, that is purely graphical"

And to answer your specific question about how many series there are...

1st Red/Green/Blue/Yellow - original 151 Pokemon
2nd Gold/Silver/Crystal - previous 151 + 100 new
3rd Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - previous 251 + 135 new (This is my favorite in the series, first GBA game)
4th Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - previous 386 + 107 new
5th Black/White - previous 493 +156 new
6th X/Y - previous 649 + 72 new
7th Sun/Moon - previous 721 + 25new (I'm not sure this has been released yet)

My guess, each one of these series will bake in for about 2 years, I can't imagine it being any faster than a single year knowing they like to do live global events. Remember, the game isn't even released world wide yet.
I actually like most of the updates. Tracking works again, at least showing what is nearby actually equating to nearby.

As far as "offering an API" - that isn't exactly accurate. It is more like SmartGlass. Niantic uses the APIs to feed the games, but did not lock them out in any way (which was CRAZY) and people figured out how to read, use, and abuse them (again, like SmartGlass).

Yeah, some stuff got harder to do, some stuff got weaker, and some tertiary tools got junked, but, we were still having a blast with it as a family today at lunch before heading to a tabletop gameday.

(Yes, I live in a full family of geeks. Last night, they picked me up from work, we went to a Team Valor meet up, at a tabletop store, took the gym and leveled it to the max, filled it. Then we went to a lake I found that is about 1.2km in circumference, speed limit registers as walking, and in two laps around it, I always find 9 Magikarps, 2-3 Psyducks, 2-3 Slowpokes, and a Dratini - so, all three of us rocked that. Then we went and got our midnight release copies of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - 2 copies. Then home to read until 2AM. This morning we wake up, hit a few Pokestops on the way to lunch where there is a Stop, lure it and hit it up for 30 min. Then tabletop for 6 hours. Come home to fix the scoreboard, and we are heading out to grab some more monsters and stops, and maybe a gym. Geek Life.)
I'm pretty sure I saw where they were going to be releasing new Pokemon every 6 months and they were going to go in order back from where it started. So back to the gameboy color edition and start moving your way up from there.

They also said they are going to be releasing an update each month to fix any issues in the game.

My phone battery didn't last before the update and I think it might have gotten worse after the update.
Leveled from 14 to 17 (and a half) over the weekend. Hit some new areas and picked up several that I didn't have previously. 67/69 for now. I've had two shots at Tauros and he escaped and split both times...he seems to be my nemisis for now.

Another gym question...how do you "train" at the gym? I was browsing medals and I have several wins recorded for winning battles but zero towards Ace Trainer. When I visit a gym there's no buttons/options other than the fight button unless I'm missing something. All I can figure is that fighting at a gym owned by another team is "battling" and fighting at a gym owned by your own team is "training"....am I on the right track or no?

I can't lie...I'm having a lot of fun with this and I hope more games like this come out in the future. It's like a walk-around version of Viva Pinata (which I loved)....find animals, evolve animals, etc. I know nothing about Japanese cartoons so that doesn't lure me in at all....we could be hunting for different brands and sizes of women's handbags and I'd be enjoying it just as much.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account