Question on live services...

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

So I see this "Get your exclusive Gold, Day One Xbox Live access" being marketed in various places, this is referring to the X Box One, as some of the offers come with free downloadable Shadow Jago for Killer Instinct.... So.. Is X Box One going to require a whole new Live fee?? Meaning will I be able to use my current live Gold (360) to play on the One services ?? Or will I have to shell out $120 bucks every year for both services??
That is a good question, I was wondering the same thing when I saw that in the stores. I think it will remain one fee and that is just their new branding. Microsoft being who they are will of course remain cryptic.
I 'ordered' my Xbox One exclusive gold subscription. No, it's same damn thing, you just get a commemorative card.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.282262700

I know I'm going to have XBL forever so I'm going to use it, and it comes with free character for Killer Instinct.
They have stated numerous times that one account for both, the gold account follows you.

The Day One Live is available until until Feb, and only IT includes the Killer Instinct character.

This is expressly spelled out on xbox.com, as well as in their E3 presentation. They have not been cryptic at all.
They have stated numerous times that one account for both, the gold account follows you.

The Day One Live is available until until Feb, and only IT includes the Killer Instinct character.

This is expressly spelled out on xbox.com, as well as in their E3 presentation. They have not been cryptic at all.
Originally Posted by futiles
It is a little cryptic. Here we are having a discussion about it. There is no indication on the card that it can be used with the 360 (Maybe on the back?). My Live is good till next August, I'm not getting an X1 at launch, I don't care so did not investigate it much. There will be tons of other people out there that will be confused by this.

A simple line stating usable with your Xbox One or Xbox 360 system would solve any confusion. Most people are not going to hunt down that info on a website when they are in a store making a purchase and I would even bet that if you asked a sales person at Best Buy, Target, or Walmart they wouldn't know either.
I 'ordered' my Xbox One exclusive gold subscription. No, it's same damn thing, you just get a commemorative card.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.282262700

I know I'm going to have XBL forever so I'm going to use it, and it comes with free character for Killer Instinct.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well I guess that answers my question..
Here is another example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/2000+Mic...ints&cp=1&lp=2

Look at that card and you could get a little confused that you are buying microsoft points that are only usable for Halo 4. In the store I would not buy that card and in the past I just get a regular MSP card to avoid any problems.
Well I guess that answers my question..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Glad I could help!

Really, I would have been STUNNED if it was any different. Xbox Live is a service, that's not tied to the 360, it was on original Xbox, and every single Microsoft product since! So you pay once for the service and buy any number of products that utilize it.
Yea I was thinking that the free character wasn't so free.. at $59. renewal, but then I thought about it.. we all have to pay to get Gold so basically they are just forcing you to buy it within that time frame.. so free yes, exclusive for a time maybe.. I bet that Shadow Jago will be available to DLC sometime.. At Marv, yea I guess I was just a little confused.. I actually have one of those Halo 4 point cards right now.. but I know it's not to buy Halo 4 with.. or I guess I could, but I already own it..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account