Touch Controls on XCloud Games

General Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

What do you think of Touch Controls on XCloud Games?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 0 (0%) They're great! I have no problems with them at all

× 1 (6.25%) They're good, and the games are reasonably playable.

× 5 (31.25%) The experience isn't bad per se, but there's room to improve.

× 5 (31.25%) Bad. I use them, but it's not my preferred way to play.

× 5 (31.25%) A waste of time. Hate them with a passion.

• Added 10-06-2022 08:07 AM
  • 16 votes
It's time for today's poll!

This time it's about touch controls, specifically pertaining to XCloud games which support them (NOT touch controls in general).

For me, the combination of console quality gameplay and touch controls on a mobile device do not gel at all. I've tried playing everything with them from Enter the Gungeon to Dirt 5, and they suck. Big time.

Add into the mix the general lag of playing games in the Cloud, even on good days, and it's a recipe for disaster. My personal feeling is that there isn't a point. Why waste manpower and resources on enabling this rubbish? Being an Xbox player and choosing to play games on a mobile phone, through the cloud, with touch controls, just seems nonsensical to me. It's like being able bodied, but you decide not to use your arms and legs for the challenge of it.

This is, of course, just my opinion. Some of you out there may love them! I doubt it, but you might!

So tell me: What do you think of touch controls for Xbox games?

Edit: This is for people who've used them. If you haven't, feel free to comment on what you think of the idea!

Last edited 10-07-2022 at 07:16 AM by C64 Mat.
I didn't vote because I've never used them (or XCloud games, as far as I know) and that's not an option lol. The only touch games that I've played are some Win 8 games and some phone games.
I didn't vote either as I have not played anything in the xcloud. I am also not a fan of mobile game controls from the few games I have played. Tried call of duty on someone's phone for 5 minutes and that was enough. My nieces' Robolox games, ugh! Not a fan...
My nieces' Robolox games, ugh! Not a fan...
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Interesting addition of the middle 'o' there Big Grin
Interesting addition of the middle 'o' there Big Grin
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
My fingers are faster then my brain Wink
My fingers are faster then my brain Wink
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I thought you were deliberately calling it Ro-Bollocks 8⁠-⁠)
Depends on the game. I used them a few times with Katamari Damacy REROLL, and that went ok. Granted, the controls for that game are a shitshow to begin with, so maybe there was a floor effect there. They worked ok on Unpacking too. But they're useless on almost any game where you need to react to things in real time or do complex movements. I wish they'd limit them to games where they make sense, like point-and-click adventure games, turn-based games, etc.
I thought you were deliberately calling it Ro-Bollocks 8⁠-⁠)
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
LOL, that actually works out. That is pretty funny.
The Pedestrian is a great game to use touch controls.
The Pedestrian is a great game to use touch controls.
Originally Posted by deutschZuid
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check that out today.
After trying touch controls, I bought a Razer Kishi
After trying touch controls, I bought a Razer Kishi
Originally Posted by futiles
Is the right answer Lol

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account