Achievement Fest 2023

General Chat

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

To those who can go: Have fun! Sorry, but I won't be able to travel for this.
I would like to go one year but that isn't going to happen this year.
Registration has opened

http://achievementfest.com/product/passes/

July 27-30, 2023
Terre Haute, IN
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I'm not sure that's a good weekend for me...
Bonjours il sera possible d'avoir un t-shirt j'habite en France ?
Bonjours il sera possible d'avoir un t-shirt j'habite en France ?
Originally Posted by Skyzo
The t-shirts are for attendees, and previously, we have never shipped them out to anyone. Each attendee that registers has their gamertag on the back. I am not saying no, but, more that I don't really have a method in place for doing it, and not 100% sure how I feel about it. Let me think on it.

(My terrible use of Google Translate, since my French is not strong enough to write this reply myself)

Les t-shirts sont destinés aux participants, et auparavant, nous ne les avions jamais expédiés à personne. Chaque participant qui s’inscrit a son gamertag au dos. Je ne dis pas non, mais plutôt que je n’ai pas vraiment de méthode en place pour le faire, et je ne suis pas sûr à 100% de ce que je ressens à ce sujet. Laissez-moi y réfléchir.
I'm not sure that's a good weekend for me...
Originally Posted by futiles
When I registered I couldn't help but notice your name came up when I paid via Venmo. You are running the event or at least the payments but you did not know when the event was?

I hope it turns out! This will be our first achievement fest. I'm coming with 2 friends!
When I registered I couldn't help but notice your name came up when I paid via Venmo. You are running the event or at least the payments but you did not know when the event was?

I hope it turns out! This will be our first achievement fest. I'm coming with 2 friends!
Originally Posted by Snappleback
futiles is the man who started the whole thing.

It was sarcasm.
futiles is the man who started the whole thing.
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
It was BoZack's idea, as he owns and runs eBash. I named the event, and around year 3 started absorbing most of the duties involved in running and planning it.
It was sarcasm.
Ah okay. That makes more sense lol. We are looking forward to it!
It was BoZack's idea, as he owns and runs eBash. I named the event, and around year 3 started absorbing most of the duties involved in running and planning it.
History is written by the winners
I'm still gonna give you credit for it.
That's fine. I just want the full history out there. There would be no Achievement Fest without the involvement over the years of a few specific people.
Ah okay. That makes more sense lol. We are looking forward to it!
I look very forward to meeting y'all too. I will be the not quite as giant as I once was man, probably wearing the eBash shirt with futiles on the back. Most likely have a mohawk...

It may be dyed...
I look very forward to meeting y'all too. I will be the not quite as giant as I once was man, probably wearing the eBash shirt with futiles on the back. Most likely have a mohawk...

It may be dyed...
Btw - Any recommended hotels? We are all coming from Michigan so we'll need to book rooms. If it says it on the website, i apologize I looked but didn't see it.
Btw - Any recommended hotels? We are all coming from Michigan so we'll need to book rooms. If it says it on the website, i apologize I looked but didn't see it.
Depending on what you are looking for:

The Closest/Nicest: Springhill Suites and Holiday Inn across the street. Hampton Inn in the same overall Parking lot.
Still close and nice: Pear Tree and Drury Inn are like 600 yards away, basically across the street, on the other side of the interstate.

There are cheaper options, but, quality does decline quickly down that slope. Many of use stayed at the Quality Inn, which, before eBash moved was fairly close and convenient. The rooms are cheaper, but still fine. But, now you are talking a few minutes away, as you have to pass the old eBash, all the other hotels, and then get to the new eBash.

I would avoid Travelodge. A group of us did that once. It was bad, I think we all got various sinus infections.

A few groups have had success with AirBNB/VRBO, however, the average prices on renting a house, plus the amount of fees added on top that are hidden, have drastically out paced hotels in the last 4 years, so, it might not be a great option, unless your group is specifically looking for that.

I will be at the Springhill Suites.
The Quality Inn has always been a good choice for me. Reasonably priced and clean, quiet rooms. If you're not directly across the street, you're looking to drive to the hotels anyway, and it's only a couple minutes straight up the main road.
History is written by the winners
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I am not sure I am the "winner" in this scenario.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account