Xbox 360 Cloud Storage becomes 2GB

Xbox 360

Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

So, this morning an update for the 360 began rolling out, making the cloud storage 2GB (instead of the I think 500 MB?) to allow you to put most (if not all) of your game saves on the the cloud to migrate to Xbox One for backwards compatible games. This is pretty slick for me, since the limited storage space of cloud saves on 360 always meant I worked off of a thumb drive. Now I can migrate the family to cloud saves this weekend!

source
About f'n time. My 500MB has been full for years and I continued to use a USB stick for my saves. It was never a problem until just now with the Xbox One back compat made it so I had to have it in the cloud, thus I was shuffling saves to play games.

( if ^ looks like a poorly worded version of what futiles said, it's because it is )
About f'n time. My 500MB has been full for years and I continued to use a USB stick for my saves. It was never a problem until just now with the Xbox One back compat made it so I had to have it in the cloud, thus I was shuffling saves to play games.

( if ^ looks like a poorly worded version of what futiles said, it's because it is )
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yeah, I never used cloud saves because my saves were about 1.2GB. So, I would have to fight to figure what goes where. And USB sticks were easy. BUT, now with the 360 -> X1 migration, I was like, "What goes where? OH SHIT! THAT'S COOL! It all goes on the cloud!"
can you move all saves to cloud at same time or do you have to do them individually?
can you move all saves to cloud at same time or do you have to do them individually?
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
So I'm at work right now, but I believe you can bulk do them. I will play with it tonight and let you know (assuming someone else hasn't done so by now)
So I'm at work right now, but I believe you can bulk do them. I will play with it tonight and let you know (assuming someone else hasn't done so by now)
You can bulk do game data, but, I do not believe specifically saves, without going through and checking them each off manually.
You can bulk do game data, but, I do not believe specifically saves, without going through and checking them each off manually.
Originally Posted by futiles
BUT if you are like us, all your game data is on the USB not the HDD so if you do your bulk move from the USB only to the Cloud you will get only saves.
BUT if you are like us, all your game data is on the USB not the HDD so if you do your bulk move from the USB only to the Cloud you will get only saves.
True. I think that might be all that is on my USB. Used to have my profile and a few bits of content. I think all of that went to the USB HDD when that became an option.
Oh, and the update also allows the console to access WiFi that uses web based authentication!

In normal speak: When you go to a hotel, and connect to WiFi, and a web browser opens up to make sure you are a real person - well, the 360 will now allow that to happen. YAY!!!!!
Oh, and the update also allows the console to access WiFi that uses web based authentication!

In normal speak: When you go to a hotel, and connect to WiFi, and a web browser opens up to make sure you are a real person - well, the 360 will now allow that to happen. YAY!!!!!
Finally...

Thank goodness.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I travel that often, but it was a a hassle of an extra step to connect another device to the network in question and the use that device's MAC address as the secondary MAC address for the 360.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't use their cloud storage? My uncle is always having issues with accessing his save data because he can't get online (he lives in Mexico, not the most reliable internet there) so I have always steered clear of could saves.
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I travel that often, but it was a a hassle of an extra step to connect another device to the network in question and the use that device's MAC address as the secondary MAC address for the 360.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't use their cloud storage? My uncle is always having issues with accessing his save data because he can't get online (he lives in Mexico, not the most reliable internet there) so I have always steered clear of could saves.
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
I never used it because there was not enough space, and I was already embedded in USB thumbdrives by then. But, on the X1, you have no choice, if you are online, it is shared cloud/local, and awesome.
Just to close the loop, last night I did check on this. It seems I have a lot more saves than futiles and couldn't bulk move off of my USB. The option I believe would have been there to move them in, but my was too large. I do have some DLC or title updates in there that I wouldn't have been able to single out, but based on my bulk moving a game at a time (vs a file at a time) it will only move game saves and give you a warning if you try to move something else.

I made it through the As (which was 40 titles), before I just gave up and went to bed. I'll work on this while watching TV or something.
Just to close the loop, last night I did check on this. It seems I have a lot more saves than futiles and couldn't bulk move off of my USB. The option I believe would have been there to move them in, but my was too large. I do have some DLC or title updates in there that I wouldn't have been able to single out, but based on my bulk moving a game at a time (vs a file at a time) it will only move game saves and give you a warning if you try to move something else.

I made it through the As (which was 40 titles), before I just gave up and went to bed. I'll work on this while watching TV or something.
I'm not liking forward to this process...but maybe I have a saving grace, since I mostly just bean dive I may be able to go thru and just delete some of the just started stuff..thus making my moves a little easier..
i use 2TB HDD USB for my game saves
i use 2TB HDD USB for my game saves
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
Enjoy trying to get that to your Xbox One with backwards compatible games.

Yes, Kaens and I use 2TB USB drives on our 360s, but the point is this allows us to get our saves to our X1s.
Enjoy trying to get that to your Xbox One with backwards compatible games.

Yes, Kaens and I use 2TB USB drives on our 360s, but the point is this allows us to get our saves to our X1s.
He'll figure it out eventually.
Thanks to the upcoming backwards compat update for the X1, I see this as necessary to ensure everyone can move forward with the 100+ games they are dropping on us.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account