Xbox 360 Store Shutting Down in 2024

Xbox 360

Found 33 posts - Go to Last Post

You can still buy used from private sellers or possibly pawn shops. But retail hasn't sold any for years.
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
Second hand sales are not considered "sales" in any of this. That 360 sold over a decade ago. Now, as far as any company is concerned, you are just trading garbage...

The only people who care about second hand sales are the people selling second hand stuff. If there were so many people out there buying 360 games from the marketplace, because of some imaginary robust second hand market, then Microsoft would not be shutting down the store. Companies don't close things that are profitable. So, if they could just let it run on autopilot, and cash the check, they would. But, this shows that less purchases are made through this channel than is worth keeping it open.
This Xbox 360 region lock really discourages me, because several games that I've been trying to buy give an error, even with the American account region and address and dollar balance in the account, the purchase still doesn't complete.

I was researching and saw that this region lock only applies to some games and this lock is in two stages, one when purchasing the game and another when finishing the download (From 79% of the download onwards).

Some games with this problem that I couldn't buy are: Call of Duty Classic, Legend of Spyro Dawn Of The Dragon, Burnout 3: Takedown, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Gun, Cars, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Another thing that makes me extremely angry is that most of the games on the xbox 360 marketplace never went on sale, this was before any closure announcement, and now with the news that they are going to close the store, everything gets even worse, because There are games that aren't worth the price they cost and there won't be a closing promotional sale, that's ridiculous. I will cite two examples:

Blood Drive - $49.99 https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/p...5-d8024156088d
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - $59.99 https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/p...5-d8024b5607e2

Who would be crazy enough to pay these prices?

Sad
It could be that the developers are just oblivious to the fact the store is closing and/or they are busy developing other games to give any attention to this.
This Xbox 360 region lock really discourages me, because several games that I've been trying to buy give an error, even with the American account region and address and dollar balance in the account, the purchase still doesn't complete.

I was researching and saw that this region lock only applies to some games and this lock is in two stages, one when purchasing the game and another when finishing the download (From 79% of the download onwards).

Some games with this problem that I couldn't buy are: Call of Duty Classic, Legend of Spyro Dawn Of The Dragon, Burnout 3: Takedown, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Gun, Cars, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Another thing that makes me extremely angry is that most of the games on the xbox 360 marketplace never went on sale, this was before any closure announcement, and now with the news that they are going to close the store, everything gets even worse, because There are games that aren't worth the price they cost and there won't be a closing promotional sale, that's ridiculous. I will cite two examples:

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - $59.99 https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/p...5-d8024b5607e2

Sad
Originally Posted by Alemaunzinhuu
I know its massive failure from MS that the 360 store is shutting down on the other hand the PS3 store is still live even though you can only buy using gift cards but that's waaaay better than closing it.

To bypass the region locked issues you must use VPN on 360.
I know its massive failure from MS that the 360 store is shutting down on the other hand the PS3 store is still live even though you can only buy using gift cards but that's waaaay better than closing it.

To bypass the region locked issues you must use VPN on 360.
Originally Posted by CrysisWarXX3
Not really you can actually migrate your Xbox 360 store account, I will do this as soon as I got everything from the EU Marketplace backed up on a few HDDs.

I was able to redeem UK Codes for Soul Calibur 1 and 2 on my Dutch main account this way and these codes were region locked

There is a huge delay on when you can do it again, beware when doing this
Amazing that the xbox 360 store stayed up so long.
Not really you can actually migrate your Xbox 360 store account, I will do this as soon as I got everything from the EU Marketplace backed up on a few HDDs.

I was able to redeem UK Codes for Soul Calibur 1 and 2 on my Dutch main account this way and these codes were region locked

There is a huge delay on when you can do it again, beware when doing this
Originally Posted by Dutch x Monster
There is content that is both region locked and IP locked and you need VPN to bypass the IP lock to be able to download it.

Sad
Originally Posted by Alemaunzinhuu
Why buy games that you can get very cheap in disc?
After hearing about playstation this news is not so bad.
Originally Posted by CrysisWarXX3
PS3 store is not entirely available. I actually went to buy New Vegas the other day, because I was in the mood to play it, and figured, "Hey, I will do it on PlayStation, since I never have."

Well, nope... Many PS3 games are now only available to play via streaming on the higher tier PSN plans. (I am whatever the basic one is, since I have Game Pass Ultimate, there isn't enough to warrant having the Sony version, too.) But, you literally cannot buy it, at least not on your PS5. So, Sony has confused the situation, a LOT for people.
Now I guess I am going to star xbox 360 physical collecting now. Disappointed in all the games I traded into gamespot back in my xbox 360 days.
Funn memory I wanted to share was that the onely games I bought from the xbox 360 store were arcade games with those Microsoft point cards!!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account