Any One getting a custom controller and if so

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

Just wondering if any one got one of these and if so: what colors did you use? Why? and do you like it, was it worth it?

I'm thinking about doing it but really it's just a controller.. I was thinking about doing a color scheme for my football team or just to do something different, but every time I mock one up I just don't know. Meh.. so?
https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

Just wondering if any one got one of these and if so: what colors did you use? Why? and do you like it, was it worth it?

I'm thinking about doing it but really it's just a controller.. I was thinking about doing a color scheme for my football team or just to do something different, but every time I mock one up I just don't know. Meh.. so?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I would easily pay the 33% upcharge they are doing for a custom ELITE controller. Seriously, I would probably buy THREE custom elite controllers.

But, for just a regular controller? Nah, not too much, since I don't want a crazy color scheme. I want a monochrome or duochrome, which, they eventually end up selling close enough on the shelf.

I've seen some decent ones put together, like people that have made Joker themed (wow, is that popular), or a few sports teams, matching their vehicle, but, nothing I want, and it would never get used, because, I use my elite.

Now, when the Elite Design Lab opens up, watch out.
I made one that was schemed in Lakers colors (yellow & purple) I was really wanting it to be like the lunar white the rubber on the back of the grips like the elite but sadly nope.

Futiles is right wait to see if they do an elite custom although the Gears elite is nice I'm using it now.
So the elite is actually that much better? I have never tried one, is it easy to get used to? I just might buy an elite if they really do make that much of a difference.
So the elite is actually that much better? I have never tried one, is it easy to get used to? I just might buy an elite if they really do make that much of a difference.
I'd like to know this, too. Big Grin
They come with changeable thumb sticks round or grooved, a d-pad and an indented d-pad, the back triggers that are removable.
You can program it in the controller section to button map for your specific game or playing style and have 2 controller profiles active to on the fly switch with a button just under and between the start and back buttons.

Then they just feel better if you game for long periods.
It also weighs 2.5x what a normal controller weighs. I don't have to hold it, it just rests in my hands naturally. The sticks, d-pad, buttons, triggers, and buttons are all far more responsive and accurate.
I had considered buying a new custom one, partly for the blue tooth functionality. But then I got a new one with my XB1S, and ended up buying one of the new Gears of War Elite controllers. And yes, they are awesome. I don't often use the paddles, but really like the grips and extra weight, and use the trigger locks when playing FPS games.
Well I'm sold. I'll be getting an elite instead.. and maybe.. just maybe a custom way later.. if I happen to have some extra cash hanging around. Thanks for all the input!
Well I'm sold. I'll be getting an elite instead.. and maybe.. just maybe a custom way later.. if I happen to have some extra cash hanging around. Thanks for all the input!
You could wait a few weeks to see if a Black Friday deal will have one a little discounted.
It also come with a nice zipper case to store the extra parts, oh and it has its own charge cable, it comes with 2AA batteries.
You could wait a few weeks to see if a Black Friday deal will have one a little discounted.
It also come with a nice zipper case to store the extra parts, oh and it has its own charge cable, it comes with 2AA batteries.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Oh, didn't think of it, but does it take a standard rechargeable battery? I have like 4.. I would think they would be, though, just want to confirm.
The One Elite controller is one of the, if not, the best, controller ever designed. I know I don't have a One yet, but my interactions with the controllers is plenty - the Elite is incredible.
Oh, didn't think of it, but does it take a standard rechargeable battery? I have like 4.. I would think they would be, though, just want to confirm.
Yes if you have a rechargeable it should fit and work.
Yes, it does. I use this Console Attached Charger on all of my consoles, and the Elite uses whatever batteries come out of it (it charges both style Insignia and Microsoft Xbox One Battery Packs).
Yes, it does. I use this Console Attached Charger on all of my consoles, and the Elite uses whatever batteries come out of it (it charges both style Insignia and Microsoft Xbox One Battery Packs).
Originally Posted by futiles
Now this is cool! I currently have the cradle chargers and they seem a little bulky. This might do better because right now I have to either remap my controller to the consol I'm on or change the batteries out from one to another or just plug into the box and let it recharge. I mean any of these are not that tough nor time consuming, but I kind of like the simple design of this one.

*just edited for horrible grammar....sorry my phone seems to have changed the size of my keyboard to small and I can't seem to figure out how to make it larger..
Last edited 10-18-2016 at 05:07 AM by B8TINGU.
I didn't know such a thing existed. Guess I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to spend some birthday money.
I didn't know such a thing existed. Guess I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to spend some birthday money.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
There wasn't one on the console you borrowed at Achievement Fest? Guess I had not added one to that console yet. $20, and it comes with two batteries!
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Happy birthday! Party
There wasn't one on the console you borrowed at Achievement Fest? Guess I had not added one to that console yet. $20, and it comes with two batteries!
How is the battery life on those? My original battery I bought is getting short on the recharges. $23 for a 1200mah battery is a little much, but I've had bad luck with the after market batteries.
How is the battery life on those? My original battery I bought is getting short on the recharges. $23 for a 1200mah battery is a little much, but I've had bad luck with the after market batteries.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
$23 for two batteries. I just doubled your perceived value.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account