Which game releases get you the most excited?

Gaming Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

What kind of reveals do you look forward to?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 4 (28.57%) Everything - I just love games and always look forward to new ones!

× 6 (42.86%) Original IP from my favourite developers / publishers

× 4 (28.57%) Big exclusives to show off my hardware

× 2 (14.29%) General AAA announcements

× 5 (35.71%) Title Updates or DLC for my favourite games

× 6 (42.86%) Remakes, remasters or re-releases of my favourites games

× 4 (28.57%) New games from innovative indie developers I follow

× 3 (21.43%) Not much really - I'm pretty nonplussed about the whole thing.

• Added 11-15-2022 04:49 PM
  • 14 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
Gaming, like a lot of entertainment, isn't like it used to be before the World Wide Web. Just like waiting for a new album or a film release, the only thing you had to go on were samples (demos/singles/TV spots) and magazine articles.

Because things are readily accessible now, I feel that some of the excitement of new game releases has been diminished. Going to your nearest gaming store, buying the cellophane wrapped plastic box, unwrapping it on the bus, giving the manual a good sniff, and in some cases trying to unfold the map without tearing it... Watching a progress bar in a side window just isn't the same.

Having said that, there are still some things which have gotten me excited. Things I've looked forward to over the last few years. When Planescape Torment was announced for consoles for example, or waiting an eternity for the next Terraria update to bring it up to parity with the PC version. I was really excited for the new Monkey Island, and it didn't disappoint.

My big ones right now are, effectively, two sides of the same coin: Dead Space remake and Callisto Protocol.

By what about you? What kind of announcement gets you excited for gaming again? What makes you think "Oh, I can't wait for that!"

"Available Now" gets me the most excited...

I am eagerly awaiting Starfield, and once it switches to available now, I will be super excited.
With the way games have been disappointing I try and not get hyped about stuff. The last big let down was looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and a year later I still have not picked up the game since it was so broken.

I am looking forward to Dead Space, The new Alan Wake, and Starfield. I don't think I will rush out to get them on launch day, maybe, we will see. I do think I will need a Series X for them.
I have to admit that having been a gamer for over 30 years now I no longer get hyped up by game announcements. There seem to be endless delays, bugs, and other issues these days, so I just look to see what interests me and if it's more than I'm willing to pay.
The excessive backlog of games I own that I have paid money for means I'm very nonplussed about the whole thing. I don't even utilize game pass as much as I would like, and that saddens me. The time to play has dropped dramatically, so I have to be particular in what I do choose to play now.

I'll still churn out a quick completion over a free play weekend if timing allows. I even installed that new-to-console vampire whatever game with the hopes of playing it. The reality is probably not as good.
It's been a while! Here's hoping they don't screw it up too much, like they did with 7. Numbers 3 & 6 were great! Never played 4 or 5. I really want the cars to feel tactile and physical.
Very excited about Forza motorsport Stick Out Tongue
Originally Posted by xNotStopEvil
I finally got to play Carrooka at BGG last month. It was everything I hoped it would be. Will probably be ordering my board next month.

Dacoto and Mondo can prepare to get destroyed at it.
I finally got to play Carrooka at BGG last month. It was everything I hoped it would be. Will probably be ordering my board next month.

Dacoto and Mondo can prepare to get destroyed at it.
Originally Posted by futiles
I can't believe how relatively cheap they are compared to the materials / manufacture / quality. Get in quick before he sells to Hasbro and they become mass produced tack Lol
I can't believe how relatively cheap they are compared to the materials / manufacture / quality. Get in quick before he sells to Hasbro and they become mass produced tack Lol
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Nah. There will always be a handmade section. Look at Crokinole and Carroom. You can buy "Hasbro" quality ones, but, most people still pay $300-$500 for a good board. And Carrooka will look great next to my Carroom and Crokinole boards.
It's been a while! Here's hoping they don't screw it up too much, like they did with 7. Numbers 3 & 6 were great! Never played 4 or 5. I really want the cars to feel tactile and physical.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
wow! you need play forza motorsport 4. One of my favourite games of 360
I'm looking forward to Starfield. Starfield will have a new random event system that will allow you to create entire populated colonies on different planets. This was told by the lead designer of quests Will Shen in a new podcast of developers on YouTube. The release of Starfield is scheduled for 2023, the exact date at the time of publication of the material is unknown. The second news is that there is a service that provides assistance in many online games. I often use it.
Last edited 01-07-2023 at 11:38 AM by LOberu.
I'm looking forward to Starfield. Starfield will have a new random event system that will allow you to create entire populated colonies on different planets. This was told by the lead designer of quests Will Shen in a new podcast of developers on YouTube. The release of Starfield is scheduled for 2023, the exact date at the time of publication of the material is unknown.
Originally Posted by LOberu
Do you have a link to the video?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account