Streaks don't count the first day?

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
Hello;

I intentionally started getting achievements on January 1st so that I could go for a 365 day streak from Jan 1 - Dec 31. I noticed today that GTN doesn't count the first day as a day in the streak. So, even though today is day 135/365 for 2022 and I have earned at least 1 achievement for every day so far this year, GTN only shows my streak as being 134 days. Technically, January 2nd should be a 2-day streak, not a 1-day streak. Wink
This is something Eric will need to look at when he has some time. I know he has been pretty busy at work.
That is weird as mine is correctly showing at 1300 days. (on both TA and GTN)
Um, the first day would be day 0. You cannot have a streak until the second 24-hour period begins. The first year you are alive, you are not 1 year old. You are 0. You are not 1 until 365.2425 days after your birth...

That is just my opinion, only Eric's counts.
But, if you get an achievement today, you've gotten an achievement for 1 day. If you then get one tomorrow, you've gotten an achievement 2 days in a row. Would that not be a 2-day streak? It seems to me that we're not discussing how many 24-hour periods somebody has existed but how many days in a row you've gotten achievements. Maybe we're just talking semantics here, however.
Your first achievement is not a streak.

a streak begins when you have won an achievement on consecutive days, and the streak number denotes how many consecutive days you have won achievements.
Status changed to 'Logged' - I have a task to rebuild streaks data. I'll need to run that and see if that fixes any discrepancies. I'll keep you posted once that's complete.
Your first achievement is not a streak.

a streak begins when you have won an achievement on consecutive days, and the streak number denotes how many consecutive days you have won achievements.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
If a "streak number denotes how many consecutive days you have won achievements" then winning an achievement 2 days in a row would be a 2-day streak, would it not? I'm not arguing that a single day is a streak, but that the first day an achievement is won is in fact a consecutive day an achievement was won.
So basically, until one unlocks an achievement for a second consecutive day, the first day is Schrödinger's achievement streak.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account