Microsoft to stop production of 360

Xbox 360

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Looks like the end is near for the 360.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/20/mi...ter-its-debut/

“Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft,” wrote Spencer. “And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles.”
I'm actually surprised they are still making them. I think the PS2 had the longest manufacturing cycle and that was 11 or maybe 12 years. 360 was a huge success, and there is still all the on shelf stock.
I still have three and they've been pretty solid, so hopefully they last a long time.
I had 2 but it turns out the first one had a lose connection to the disc drive haha but neither suffered RRoD.
The only reason that I bought a new one is so that I could give the old one to my girlfriend. My 360 has run amazingly considering the hell I've put it through with the all night boosting sessions.
I'm actually surprised they are still making them. I think the PS2 had the longest manufacturing cycle and that was 11 or maybe 12 years. 360 was a huge success, and there is still all the on shelf stock.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yeah, Microsoft had stated that they planned to make the 360 for one day longer than the PS2, in order to claim the title of longest lifespan of a console. Kinda disappointed that didn't happen but 10.5 years is nothing to sneeze at, considering talk about replacing/upgrading the current generations is already underway.
Time to start buying them up and hording them for a while. I still have a few unopened consoles from the wayback past. Like SEGA Master System, NES, SNES, etc...

Brand new, they can be worth tons. I wonder if the 360 will raise in value too.
Time to start buying them up and hording them for a while. I still have a few unopened consoles from the wayback past. Like SEGA Master System, NES, SNES, etc...

Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Are you just trolling us? Shouldn't you be buying a One?

Originally Posted by porschephiliac
They won't be. Between production run counts, length of production, and the fact that people actually buy with intent to keep sealed, newer items don't tend to become "collectible" in the same way. Similar to toys, people used to buy them to play with them, with the odd exception buying them to keep them sealed. Now, people think if they keep it sealed, it will be worth a ton. But, unless there is something unique, like a misprint, or limited production run edition, the generic everyday console won't be worth much.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account