2018 Gaming Goals

General Chat

maybe your first goal should be to turn your TV right side up. Unless you play while laying on the floor, of course, then it would make sense.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Actually he's just hardcore like that, he needed a new level of challenge.. at least this way when he losses to Fish again, he has something to blame. Smile
Everyone's trying to raise their completion. My goal is to just finally try and play all these freaking games I keep acquiring. I'm going to try to just let my completion percentage go and play.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
I think I paid for maybe 2 or 3 games last year. This year I will see if I can go the whole year without buying anything new. the "Free" GWG has given me enough of a digital backlog that my physical backlog is getting jealous. Much like our current sociopolitical climate: This will be the year of THE PURGE. I have created a stack of 12 physical games that I own that I will complete, all of which I have already started. Gives me 1 a month. Beyond that, the hope really is to clear out 24 physical titles. I need to thin out the hoard.
I think I paid for maybe 2 or 3 games last year. This year I will see if I can go the whole year without buying anything new. the "Free" GWG has given me enough of a digital backlog that my physical backlog is getting jealous. Much like our current sociopolitical climate: This will be the year of THE PURGE. I have created a stack of 12 physical games that I own that I will complete, all of which I have already started. Gives me 1 a month. Beyond that, the hope really is to clear out 24 physical titles. I need to thin out the hoard.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I feel ya, I went two years without buying any new games until after Achievement Fest.....

I am in the same boat, huge digital (thanks GWG) and physical backlog....
Goals:
15K+ in a week
100k in a year (or as close as I can)
300 badges (I can cross this of my list today)
I'm sad I didn't make the goal list this year....

I'm going to try to play less this year, not going to pretend like I'm going away for the year though.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Okay, I'll add more for you specifically.
I have some lofty goals for this year...

400,000 Gamerscore (an increase of 163,190)
400 Completions (Incl DLC) (an increase of 167)
3,000 Achievements Unlocked in 2018
Start Half of the games in my backlog as of 1/1/18 (186 games, backlog was 372)

Also going for the 15K Week Badge and the Challenge... What Challenge badge either in February or May... Original plan was May but my wife may be out of town in early February so why wait?!? Have over 60K in easy games that I can start and complete in about 7-10 days time.
I have some lofty goals for this year...

400,000 Gamerscore (an increase of 163,190)
400 Completions (Incl DLC) (an increase of 167)
3,000 Achievements Unlocked in 2018
Start Half of the games in my backlog as of 1/1/18 (186 games, backlog was 372)

Also going for the 15K Week Badge and the Challenge... What Challenge badge either in February or May... Original plan was May but my wife may be out of town in early February so why wait?!? Have over 60K in easy games that I can start and complete in about 7-10 days time.
Originally Posted by Mike Pitch
5 days in Terre Haute, IN in July could help with some of those...
I played the 360 version up until an achievement glitched on me (specifically when you choose a side and there is an achievement for each, I got neither).. So yeah, fired it up with remastered X1 version so I'll just start over.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Oh, if people give you "free" games, are you obligated to play those? I wonder if I can find a copy of DOAX2....
5 days in Terre Haute, IN in July could help with some of those...
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm sure it would, I'll have to see what my situation is like as it gets closer. I'm moving from Colorado to New York on Monday which ironically puts me a stone's throw away from eBash on Tuesday as I drive I-70 through Indiana.
I'm sure it would, I'll have to see what my situation is like as it gets closer. I'm moving from Colorado to New York on Monday which ironically puts me a stone's throw away from eBash on Tuesday as I drive I-70 through Indiana.
Yep, you will be within a mile of the store.
Oh, if people give you "free" games, are you obligated to play those? I wonder if I can find a copy of DOAX2....
There have been enough GWG games that I have not played that I would like to. There have been a smaller number of GWG games that I have owned physically that I now own digitally to add to the purge.
im aiming to hit 500k gs this year. so thats 122k i need. also gonna try n get above 300 completions. in the meantime im gonna for all 46 tier 10 tanks in world of tanks
im aiming to hit 500k gs this year. so thats 122k i need. also gonna try n get above 300 completions. in the meantime im gonna for all 46 tier 10 tanks in world of tanks
Originally Posted by ky pro 2008
You have to ditch the games that don't get you gamerscore!
Don't throw rocks at the store!
Fshguy GOALS
  • Score more GS than him in 2018
  • Finish with more GS that him in 2018
  • Have more Pokedex entries than him
  • Retake him on Badges Leaderboard
  • Finish 2018 ahead of him on badge leaderboard
Originally Posted by Kaens
I'm surprised you have Retaken the lead at least for a short time, need to get Eric back to rolling some new badges so you have a chance.
I'm surprised you have Retaken the lead at least for a short time, need to get Eric back to rolling some new badges so you have a chance.
Yes. Starting with the Shenanigans badge.
Gaming Goals For 2018
  1. Hit 50k GamerScore
  2. Hit Level 50 Google Play Games
  3. Hit 1,500 Achievements On Steam

Also plan on being more active on here. I've been here a long time even before this account, 2017 was just a bad year for me. Add me on all platforms lets crush these goals...2018!!
Gaming Goals For 2018
  1. Hit 50k GamerScore
  2. Hit Level 50 Google Play Games
  3. Hit 1,500 Achievements On Steam

Also plan on being more active on here. I've been here a long time even before this account, 2017 was just a bad year for me. Add me on all platforms lets crush these goals...2018!!
Originally Posted by GrimSince84
Always glad to have involvement around here, especially from the new...er old...um..older new blood...lol. I have sorely been most sporadic as of late but I had a heck of a last few months to the year and now with my gaming goals I think I may need the help sometimes, so expect a friend request on Live!
Don't throw rocks at the store!
I successfully went through Terre Haute without throwing any rocks Wink

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account