What's your favorite way to get caffiene?

General Chat

Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

How do you caffeine? (check all that apply)

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 39 (62.90%) Regular Drinks (e.g. coffee, tea, sodas)

× 13 (20.97%) Energy Drinks (e.g. Monster, Red Bull)

× 2 (3.23%) Energy Shots (e.g. 5 hour energy)

× 3 (4.84%) Pills or Mints (e.g. Jolt Mints, Stacker)

× 12 (19.35%) Natural Foods (e.g. chocolate)

× 8 (12.90%) Nothing - you guys are going to kill yourselves!

× 33 (53.23%) Thanks for the poll!

• Added 06-20-2015 08:49 PM
  • 62 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
  • Votes are public
When I was younger (20s), my favorite was definitely Mt Dew. All that high fructose corn syrup is why I'm fat! (I'm not a beer drinker). Then when I was a single father, making 140 mile a day commute, I needed something more substantial to stay awake on my drives. So I started with 5 hour energies, and ordering various mints. I drank many an energy drink, but never really cared for any of the NOS, Monster, Rock Star or Red Bull stuff. I DID end up loving Spike Shooters because they have 300mg and even though the taste was harsh it packed a kick.

Then I got a little more extreme with my caffeine. I bought soap (that was awesome), mints, and even a gallon of caffeine lased distilled water (named 5150, but re-branded Liquid Caffeine) so I could make any drink an energy drink. I still have a lot at my desk at work with a shot glass. 1oz is 500mg of caffeine so now I can only do half shots, but I used to do full shots.

All of this history is leading up to one of my favorite things I found during this time - Jolt Energy Mints. I found them because they briefly sold them at 7-11, then afterwards I would buy from Gum Runners every month or so. Every few months because they only came in 'sleeves' of 9 tins. They come in some nice tins, which I used to save, but later just recycled them. I'd by 3-4 sleeves at a time because the shipping was a flat $15 so the more I bought the better it was worth. During this time, I was eating a tin of mints a day (12 cups of coffee I think). Well eventually they stopped making them, I presume because sales were not good enough. I have harassed them on Facebook and they are making more but only for a limited time. So I just bought 15 sleeves (135 tins) of mints.

Funny story, my wife (before she was my wife) came to me and said, "Honey, I'm really worried about you and I think you have diabetes." To which I naturally said, "Huh? WTF, why do you think that?" And she replied, "Because you always have sweet smelling breath, 24 hours a day, and that's a symptom of diabetes." Yeah dear, it's also a system of eating a box of mints a day every day for months!
Last edited 06-24-2015 at 01:37 PM by Kaens.
Gave up sodas long ago, once I found out just exactly what it does to your stomach lining and how it could help exasperate the condition that cause users and acid reflux.. I can't though however give up my chocolate.. yea I know there are bug parts to be found in chocolate but there is more good to be found in chocolates that in sodas.
You did not include: At the store.

That is how I get all my caffeine.
When I was younger (20s), my favorite was definitely Mt Dew. All that high fructose corn syrup is why I'm fat! (I'm not a beer drinker). Then when I was a single father, making 140 mile a day commute, I needed something more substantial to stay awake on my drives. So I started with 5 hour energies, and ordering various mints. I drank many an energy drink, but never really cared for any of the NOS, Monster, Rock Star or Red Bull stuff. I DID end up loving Spike Shooters because they have 300mg and even though the taste was harsh it packed a kick.

Then I got a little more extreme with my caffeine. I bought soap (that was awesome), mints, and even a gallon of caffeine lased distilled water (named 5150, but re-branded Liquid Caffeine) so I could make any drink an energy drink. I still have a lot at my desk at work with a shot glass. 1oz is 500mg of caffeine so now I can only do half shots, but I used to do full shots.

All of this history is leading up to one of my favorite things I found during this time - Jolt Energy Mints. I found them because they briefly sold them at 7-11, then afterwards I would buy from Gum Runners every month or so. Every few months because they only came in 'sleeves' of 9 tins. They come in some nice tins, which I used to save, but later just recycled them. I'd by 3-4 sleeves at a time because the shipping was a flat $15 so the more I bought the better it was worth. During this time, I was eating a tin of mints a day (12 cups of coffee I think). Well eventually they stopped making them, I presume because sales were not good enough. I have harassed them on Facebook and they are making more but only for a limited time. So I just bought 15 sleeves (135 tins) of mints.

Funny story, my wife (before she was my wife) came to me and said, "Honey, I'm really worried about you and I think you have diabetes." To which I naturally said, "Huh? WTF, why do you think that?" And she replied, "Because you always have sweet smelling breath, 24 hours a day, and that's a symptom of diabetes." Yeah dear, it's also a system of each a box of mints a day every day for months!
Originally Posted by Kaens
When I was in my early 20's I as well drank the Dew. A cube of dew a day.
Now it is coffee straight and evey now and then a suicide.
When I was in my early 20's I as well drank the Dew. A cube of dew a day.
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
A cube?!? Yeah, that's not good for you.
I am not familiar with a "cube" of Mountain Dew.

Funny story, my wife (before she was my wife) came to me and said, "Honey, I'm really worried about you and I think you have diabetes." To which I naturally said, "Huh? WTF, why do you think that?" And she replied, "Because you always have sweet smelling breath, 24 hours a day, and that's a symptom of diabetes." Yeah dear, it's also a system of each a box of mints a day every day for months!
You should watch Kicking and Screaming...
When I was in the military, I was stationed six hours away from home. After I was done, I would drive home, but I needed something to keep me awake for the drive. Vivarin caffeine pills was the choice for me. The only problem was that I never took them as directed. One time I took six during the drive and it kept me up for 30 hours straight. The caffeine crash was not pretty. Now I just drink coffee.
I am not familiar with a "cube" of Mountain Dew.
Originally Posted by futiles
It's a 24 pack, which is shaped like a cube. There is also a 36 pack, but that's much longer and sold at Costco type stores. Since I used to have a soda machine, I bought these all the time. Not once a day mind you, but once a week.
It's a 24 pack, which is shaped like a cube. There is also a 36 pack, but that's much longer and sold at Costco type stores. Since I used to have a soda machine, I bought these all the time. Not once a day mind you, but once a week.
Ah, 24-packs were not packaged like that around here until recently, I think our local bottling company must have recently made some changes.
I drink a Rockstar Recovery Lemonade (or Orange) every morning. It actually takes me most of the day to drink it, since I sip it and water it down. Otherwise I am drinking Crystal Light Pink Lemonade single pack mixes in my 2qt jug. I will drink on average of 4-5 per day in summer - so over two gallons of water daily.... that's what you do to survive working in Arizona!!!

I choose the Recovery because it is the most 'natural' and is sugar-free. Sipping it allows a slight 'buzz' all day, and I never crash. When I was active duty, I was going through several various brands daily. In fact, it is the soldier's fault that these drinks became so popular. Monster would deliver pallets of them overseas for free for us to try. Once we were hooked, we'd pay anything to drink em when we got home.

After a few years, it's the only thing worth drinking anymore for a lot of Joes.
One large travel mug of straight black coffee in the morning everyday and I'm to go the rest of the day.
Yeah, the odd thing is caffeine calms me instead of hyping me up.
it was a true addiction.
I'm not much of a caffeine drinker after limiting soda and coffee to occasional beverages. Currently I am trying to get this Surly 1349 Black Ale its 13.49% alc Ethiopian coffee and blackstrap molasses are added in the whirlpool and are treated as layers, not a focal point, while Equinox hops were used as a dry-hop. It's new to the market so my town is unaware of it.:deranged:

I drink a Rockstar Recovery Lemonade (or Orange) every morning. It actually takes me most of the day to drink it, since I sip it and water it down. Otherwise I am drinking Crystal Light Pink Lemonade single pack mixes in my 2qt jug. I will drink on average of 4-5 per day in summer - so over two gallons of water daily.... that's what you do to survive working in Arizona!!!

I choose the Recovery because it is the most 'natural' and is sugar-free. Sipping it allows a slight 'buzz' all day, and I never crash. When I was active duty, I was going through several various brands daily. In fact, it is the soldier's fault that these drinks became so popular. Monster would deliver pallets of them overseas for free for us to try. Once we were hooked, we'd pay anything to drink em when we got home.

After a few years, it's the only thing worth drinking anymore for a lot of Joes.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
i too was addicted to monster for a good few years. ive also had to work outside this time of year, but just managed to get in a/c last year at my job.
I used to be big on Mt Dew (at least for me). I drank a bottle or 2 a day. 20oz, not 2 liter.

Now I have basically cut out all caffeine and do 1 bar of chocolate once a week. Been doing this for 3 weeks now.

I am more awake than ever, I don't really understand it. Also I have been using 1 a day vitamins for men. I often wake up 15-30 minutes before my alarm goes off now and have more energy at work than I ever did before.

I also down about a gallon of water or more per day, so maybe that helps.

Our bodies are very strange things lemme say.
Yeah, the odd thing is caffeine calms me instead of hyping me up.
it was a true addiction.
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
are you hyperactive? that what caffeine does for me a chemical in it replaces a chemical that my body doesnt produce on its on but at the same time narcotics do the opposite to me and wind me up

back on topic though i keep 2 six packs of 24 oz pepsi's and mtn dew in the fridge for when im just chillin at home i will still grab 1 liter bottles or 20 oz bottles when im out and about i also go pick up 1.5 liter bottles 2 each mtn dew and pepsi that i end up taking 1 of those to work with me which will last me a good portion of 10 hours shifts
I cannot drink Mt Dew anymore. The flavor just does not sit well with me. We used to drink it a lot. But, the last decade or so, I just can't.
I have always been a coffeeholic, but when Jolt Cola was being sold here in sweden (all the way up to it went belly up) I drank that alot. but now I drink Mnt Dew now and then and Cola Zero, but mainly Coffee, I drink some day up to 25 cups a day. Caffeine pills have never worked for me.
are you hyperactive? that what caffeine does for me a chemical in it replaces a chemical that my body doesnt produce on its on but at the same time narcotics do the opposite to me and wind me up

back on topic though i keep 2 six packs of 24 oz pepsi's and mtn dew in the fridge for when im just chillin at home i will still grab 1 liter bottles or 20 oz bottles when im out and about i also go pick up 1.5 liter bottles 2 each mtn dew and pepsi that i end up taking 1 of those to work with me which will last me a good portion of 10 hours shifts
Originally Posted by DXU

I have ADHD. So I take Ritalin and if I run out of that I can use caffine to calm my monkey butt down. Before the cub of dew I would drink almost two liters of surge. I have not ever found anything that can calm me as much as surge did before it was removed from the market.

All these Dew drinkers here does anyone know what it was originally used for before being commercial?

No googling it. Just think about it.
Medicinal purposes, fix your tummy problems.

That's my guess because I know it used to be more 'hillbilly' and the slogan was "It'll tickle your innards"

No google was done in the creation of this post.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account