Funny Star Wars Thread

General Chat

This book

is horrible.

That's it. It's funny that they thought this was a good story...
I don't know about horrible, but it was not good
I don't know about horrible, but it was not good
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
I can finish "not good" and even "bad" books. I have only had a handful of books I just could not stomach enough to fight through to the end. The last one was the final Divergent book (I put it on the shelf with 8 pages left). This one has about 80 pages left, and it just gets worse.
That's what happens when they use a retcon to wipe out the majority of the Expanded Universe and bring in new authors to flesh out what's now considered the official canon.
I can finish "not good" and even "bad" books. I have only had a handful of books I just could not stomach enough to fight through to the end. The last one was the final Divergent book (I put it on the shelf with 8 pages left). This one has about 80 pages left, and it just gets worse.
Originally Posted by futiles
Does this mean you've made it through The Hangry Games, or haven't even bothered?
Originally Posted by futiles
Curious to know your opinion on "Before the Awakening". Doesn't give a lot of insight on Rey and Finn, I haven't read the Poe portion. In comparision, Goodreads gave it 98% of people like. "Your" book above is getting like 78%... Based on other distributions, generally speaking a lot of people agree with you.
Does this mean you've made it through The Hangry Games, or haven't even bothered?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Do you mean the Hunger Games, or is there a spoof I don't know about? I did the Hunger Games as audio books on a trip (on of the Achievement Fests, actually) after having seen the first movie.

Movie - I actually like them a lot (have not seen last one, yet). I think casting works well, and the talent level pulls off what is expected of them. The changes made for it to be a movie work really well, too.

Book - Wow, what a load of crap! Just horrible. In fact, if I had not seen the movie first, I probably would not have even finished the first audio book. I like almost no one in the books, especially the "love triangle" members. What a bunch of wishy-washy pansies. They all needed to be killed, and somehow, none do. The only characters worth anything (Prim, Cinna, and Haymitch) aren't featured enough, and the main three don't give them the respect they deserve.
Curious to know your opinion on "Before the Awakening". Doesn't give a lot of insight on Rey and Finn, I haven't read the Poe portion. In comparision, Goodreads gave it 98% of people like. "Your" book above is getting like 78%... Based on other distributions, generally speaking a lot of people agree with you.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Since Awakening has taken me 1.5 months to get 2/3 of the way through, and I probably won't finish at this point, I probably won't read the prequel books or the sequels. I'll likely go see the follow-up movies, but, yeah, I won't spend time and money on more crappy books, even if the others are good, I just don't have interest. (Now, the comic had been going pretty good, but, I am a few months behind.)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account