I'm not being rude, you're just an idiot.

Gaming Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

I'm sick and tiered of getting into fights with people on online games.

I'm even more sick and tiered of getting into fights with people on online games who type like five year olds and expect you to be able to notice questions with them not even using a speck of punctuation.

I've never been one for "internet slang typing", I've always thought that it made you look like an idiot. Using "u" instead of "you" and stuff like that. Even though it may mean that you type a bit quicker, it means that someone who types in near-perfect English (like me) have trouble understanding what the fuck you are saying.

But it gets even more infuriating when your being insulted by someone who appears to have the worst grasp of the English language you've ever seen. I'll usually make jokes about people's bad typing when the need arises, but nothing that will ever be insulting to anything that's properly personal to the person. Having an idiot tell you "i wsh ur mom ws daed" doesn't help calm your anger as "I wash your mom was dead" is somewhat more wrong than "I wish your mom was dead"

This is most apparent on MMORPGs, which is one of the things that draw me away from them.

And on a final note, just because I kill you with a one-shot Deagle around the corner, this does not make me a "noob". On a second thought, "noob" is a pointless insult nowadays, its been over-used by absolute idiots who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
i agree on WoW there was so much of it and on Vegas as well. all you'd hear is "I shot him with half a mag of 552 hows he alive?" the answer being "because you suck".
I agree totally, Arch. Very 1337 of you to point this out.
y3h 1 49r33 2 m4ny n00bz on teh 1int3rw3bz

that is what annoys me. replacing letters with numbers isnt clever.
I'm just so annoyed that the internet is plagued with these types of people.

For every person who types properly there's about 500 people who type like seven year olds.
I'm just so annoyed that the internet is plagued with these types of people.

For every person who types properly there's about 500 people who type like Illiterate 4 year old peasant orangutans
Originally Posted by The Archanist
Fixed that for you, Arch.
I was going to write something like that but I was afraid of offending people.
You're such a social minded person. However, in the case of stuff like this, either the Bluntness of Billy and I may be more suitable.

And to be honest... the 1337 speak generation pretty much offend all of us.

Big Grin
then if you'd stop using it so much that would be fantastic
I always think of you when I do it, mate.
It has plagued GTAIV online as well, despite the "Mature" rating it has received in the USA. (meaning you must be 17 to purchase the game) With GTAIV, we will have kids who feel it's necessary to scream and yell when someone is shooting at them or request really weird things in the middle of the game. We'll have matches were kids will come in and ask that no one shoot them or kill them while in a GTA Race (which is a race with weapons pretty much) There are plenty of other weird things like that in GTAIV too. I've had to mute the microphone with hopes that I do not become dumber just by listening to them.

And on a final note, just because I kill you with a one-shot Deagle around the corner, this does not make me a "noob". On a second thought, "noob" is a pointless insult nowadays, its been over-used by absolute idiots who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Amen to that.
No matter what game you play, no matter what age rating that game has.

Even though I'm only 16 (not a kid, yet not an adult) I still get annoyed when I hear idiots over the games chat.

Thank the lord for that TF2 has a "mute players" button, otherwise I'd go insane.
We actually abandoned Mics for a while cos it was gettin to Billy and I. We STILL dont use Mics for things like MGO and stuff, as we fear the retardedness.
Mics are pointless. no matter what game you play everyone still wants to be a one man army apart from a couple of players.
Which is what I fear for Left-4-Dead.

You need to be able to communicate as a team to win in that game, and if you pick up a group online, you might just get a group of idiots who just argue about what to do.
I hear if you argue online, your penis gets bigger.

On with the bickering!
I hear if you argue online, your penis gets bigger.

On with the bickering!
Originally Posted by Mike
Why must you spread the evilness, Mike? Now I have the urge to shout ROFLCOPTER online! IT;s infection /sarcasm
Which is what I fear for Left-4-Dead.

You need to be able to communicate as a team to win in that game, and if you pick up a group online, you might just get a group of idiots who just argue about what to do.
Originally Posted by The Archanist
yeah i saw a new interview about it yesterday, looks good in theory. but theory is one hell of a bitch. Youll need to play with your own friends.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account