What retro game would you love to see redone?

Gaming Chat

Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

The vast majority of games I loved have already been redone. Some less than successfully (see Burger Time). Still, good version of Q*Bert would rule.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I go to church with one of the guys who created and developed Q*Bert. Seriously. He and the other fellows at Atari. I'll send a few hints to him requesting it.

I doubt he has the power anymore, but I am sure he'll get a kick out of it.
I go to church with one of the guys who created and developed Q*Bert. Seriously. He and the other fellows at Atari. I'll send a few hints to him requesting it.

Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Seriously!! Sweet, you know he has to have some old ties or something...then tell him we want a new version of Besrk!! Or even the old one on XBLA would be cool too..

No chance he has any sway anymore, Atari has changed hands and gone through so many ownership changes he probably doesn't even know any who controls the rights.

That said, please tell him I used to play that game every single night after work with my manager for three or four hours. I got so good at it, it would only cost me a quarter or two. Now my question, and mauve he can help my memory here, but I SWEAR I flipped that game and it kept going but the difficulty went back to level one. Can you ask him if that's possible, and if so how many levels was it? I only did it once, I was in the zone, and I'm hoping someone can tell me I'm not just remembering it wrong.
I personally would like to see final fantast VII redone with today's technology
Originally Posted by Dark Lord White
This. Popular choice but meh, was an excellent game.

Tombaaa. (:
Kaens and Jeepers (ha!), I talked to him yesterday, and I even showed him this thread on my phone. He was "grateful his legacy still lives on" and then we talked church stuff. He's a hoot, really.
This. Popular choice but meh, was an excellent game.

Tombaaa. (:
Originally Posted by Choskie
My understanding about why this game has never been remade is because it literally would be starting from scratch because you can't use any of the assets. All of the backgrounds were painted and obviously not scaled for HD and the 3D models were just moving around in that space. You'd have to redo all of the CG too.

Now, with everyone clamoring for it though, it seems like it would be worth the cash grab. They'd get their money back!
You do know that people still make Atari games, they are nit mass produced like the new gens and they are not licensed in anyway. I think they are like custom fan stuff mostly. I've actually seen Halo for the 2600...
I'd love to see a Battletoads remake.. Either HD the old one, or make a new one. We just need the toads back in gaming!
I'd love to see a Battletoads remake.. Either HD the old one, or make a new one. We just need the toads back in gaming!
Originally Posted by Krazie
Wasn't that that like one of the Hardest games ever created?? I would hate to see the achievement listening for that. Lol.
Wasn't that that like one of the Hardest games ever created?? I would hate to see the achievement listening for that. Lol.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Complete the first stage - all achievements unlocked... and still, some might not finish it.
You know what game I just saw that got me craving a redo? Tecmo's Deception!! That game was sooo cool.....
I would love to see Donkey Kong.. I am surprised this game did not get any remake in years..used to spend a lot of time in Arcade playing it..memories..

There was also a game from Activision called River Raid would love to play it again
You know what game I just saw that got me craving a redo? Tecmo's Deception!! That game was sooo cool.....
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I said that one earlier in the thread. I loved it. I may have to break out the old PSOne and hook it up. That game was creepy and creative, and with modern graphics, it could be awesome.
I said that one earlier in the thread. I loved it. I may have to break out the old PSOne and hook it up. That game was creepy and creative, and with modern graphics, it could be awesome.
lol..short memory..I wonder if we could get some emails or something together and get some of these ideas out to other groups and maybe get someone to actually do some of this?
If we could get a large enough group then maybe someone will listen but most companies these days don't really want to know unless it makes them a lot of money.
If we could get a large enough group then maybe someone will listen but most companies these days don't really want to know unless it makes them a lot of money.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Bingo. Tecmo's Deception is on PSN now, although not HD. I think the crowd that played it was pretty small, sales were not all that great (tried to find info, couldn't) so it would take a HUGE effort to get it redone.Then, if they do one, they must do all 3 of them. Just saying.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account