Achievement Fest 2016 - Are you going?

General Chat

What is your Achievement Fest status?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (8.97%) I'm going

× 25 (32.05%) Never going to go

× 13 (16.67%) Wish I could make it, but....(explain)

× 7 (8.97%) Still waiting on permission from my wife...

× 17 (21.79%) Maybe...

× 9 (11.54%) Futiles will kidnap me and drag me there...

• Added 01-19-2016 04:33 PM
  • 78 votes
I'm probably just going to bring my hd this year since I am flying. I know the site says 360, but do you know if he will have X1's avail for use?
Originally Posted by griffey95
There will be, but, I will send him and Dustin a message. Last year the emphasis switched from 360 to One, and many people used store consoles.
I'm probably just going to bring my hd this year since I am flying. I know the site says 360, but do you know if he will have X1's avail for use?
Originally Posted by griffey95
They should, I was able to get an XB1 last year instead of a 360, and did the same thing and just brought my XB1 and 360 drives.
I will bring systems with me, X1 and 360s. Just get me a list of game requests
Nice of BestBuy to have a 2-day luggage sale 2 days before I'm going to shop for some. Picked up a $250 Swiss hard sided carry-on for only $70. Smile
Originally Posted by Mightymango
I don't have any disc requests outside of anything super fast for foreign consoles, but I would be appreciative if you had a 360 with all of the summer of arcade titles for the badges here. I've played many of these, but here's the full list to help others:

Bastion
From Dust
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Hybrid
Deadlight
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Wreckateer
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Xbox 360)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Flashback HD
Charlie Murder

The store has a pretty decent library of games for anything new, popular, or quick points.
I have bucked the trend on the hotel. Bringing my son along doubles my hotel cost. Instead of $77 a night at Quality Inn, I'll be across the street at the extremely "lovely" Motel 6 at $54 a night. Hopefully, they'll leave the light on for us...

Haven't registered yet on the AF site. Probably will take care of that on Monday or Tuesday next week.
One game that no one coming to AF has is Adam's Venture: Origins. It's a download only point and click game that takes 5-6 hours and is priced at a whopping $49.99.

I'm thinking that if there's interest, we could all go in on the game together and download it to one console so that we could all take turns running through the game.

There have only been 251 people on TA that have played it.
Will you be bringing a PAL 360? I know there's one at ebash, but in case more than one person would want to play something on it.

Do you still have Gray Matter? I've been working with Chunkeh to have him purchase a couple of used games to send to me for AF. Gray Matter is one of them. But if you have it, that would save me a little money. The other one I am looking for is The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (EU), but I don't think you've played that one.
One game that no one coming to AF has is Adam's Venture: Origins. It's a download only point and click game that takes 5-6 hours and is priced at a whopping $49.99.

I'm thinking that if there's interest, we could all go in on the game together and download it to one console so that we could all take turns running through the game.

There have only been 251 people on TA that have played it.
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
I would be willing to buy it and put it on one of my consoles. Especially if everyone chipped in a bit for it.
There is a retail version of Adam's Venture but it's only in the UK. Been thinking about picking it up for a bit as it's only $37 used and could probably get most that back reselling it. Still 50/50 on if I'm coming this year though as my friend can't make it.

May pick up the epic Professional Farmer 2017 as that'll have a PAL release shortly as well. Can't wait to play that gem. Big Grin
There is a retail version of Adam's Venture but it's only in the UK. Been thinking about picking it up for a bit as it's only $37 used and could probably get most that back reselling it. Still 50/50 on if I'm coming this year though as my friend can't make it.

May pick up the epic Professional Farmer 2017 as that'll have a PAL release shortly as well. Can't wait to play that gem. Big Grin
Originally Posted by RedmptionDenied
There is an empty seat in the cool kid room, just for you...
There is an empty seat in the cool kid room, just for you...
Originally Posted by futiles
I just signed up for seat 17 a bit earlier this evening. Hope I am cool enough Smile
I just signed up for seat 17 a bit earlier this evening. Hope I am cool enough Smile
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
D'OH!!!!

And some extra shit to make the post valid...
By "cool" I assume you mean the import room that's kept at like 50 degrees? Smile Glad I brought a long sleeve shirt last year.
By "cool" I assume you mean the import room that's kept at like 50 degrees? Smile Glad I brought a long sleeve shirt last year.
Originally Posted by RedmptionDenied
Yeah, after I froze my butt off year one, I've brought a hoodie or long sleeve each year since then. I remember going to Walmart looking for a cheap shirt while we were there, and they had nothing long sleeve since it was summer; my only options were to buy a blanket or a Superman cape. Smile
Ok I have all of those summer of arcade games, but they are on different systems. I will bring my main XBLA 360 and my main 360 (for DRM stuffs)

Patrick, I will bring my PAL and Japanese systems and yes I have Grey Matter. I don't have the PAL of Sherlock for whatever reason, I just haven't imported a lot of games lately.
Ok I have all of those summer of arcade games, but they are on different systems. I will bring my main XBLA 360 and my main 360 (for DRM stuffs)

Patrick, I will bring my PAL and Japanese systems and yes I have Grey Matter. I don't have the PAL of Sherlock for whatever reason, I just haven't imported a lot of games lately.
You may want to consider a cheap USB drive for your 360, and migrate all your Arcade Games to that. Bring it, and just let us sign you in on a second controller.
You may want to consider a cheap USB drive for your 360, and migrate all your Arcade Games to that. Bring it, and just let us sign you in on a second controller.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah, that might be best, since we don't have to actually play or get achievements in it, simply load up the game.
It is more of a time issue to go through them all and transfer/copy etc. I have a USB drive already so that "issue" handled. I'll figure something out.
Finally registered. Couldn't get into the cool kids room, although the site hasn't been updated to reflect that Elemental got the last seat.

I took #9. My son will be in #28.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account