× 31 (37.35%) Chrome

× 32 (38.55%) Firefox

× 11 (13.25%) Internet Explorer

× 4 (4.82%) Safari

× 1 (1.20%) Opera

× 4 (4.82%) Other

• Added 06-18-2008 10:35 PM
  • 83 votes
With the introduction of Firefox 3 yesterday and Opera 9.5 not too long ago, which browser has become your default or favorite? Of course other worthy contenders include the recently unveiled Flock browser, the somewhat recent Internet Explorer 7 and Apple's notable Safari browser (recently for Windows). If you use other browsers not listed here, let us know in your responses.

I have found that Firefox 3 simply rocks. As a longtime IE user, I switched over to Firefox about 2-3 years ago and have found it hard to look back. I have Safari, IE7, Opera 9.5 and Flock 2.0 installed as well. I use the other browsers mostly for testing purposes to ensure that Gamertag Nation works on all browsers.

Oh and the Firefox 3 fixes are still being worked on. Gamertag Nation may look a little goofy for those using the latest version. Smile
Looks like Firefox is the popular choice...
i use it as well, but i use to use Netscape. it could render pages as if they were on Firefox or IE, in case a website doesn't work on one of them.
I think Firefox just destroyed everything else.

My brother and mother have been using Opera for a while, but the newly updated skin is uglier than a German Hooker.
Firefox 3 hands down Smile. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Opera 9.5, but I don't need BitTorrent, Mail client, etc. in my web browser app.
all about Firefox even though it can be slow sometimes. like today.
Hmm, Firefox has yet to act silly or 'slow' at all for me. Very quick and snappy since the early betas, atleast thats my experience :P
It depends... Where are you in terms of Location, Pirr? I hear there have been a few problems with UK mirrored Firefox Downloads.. no idea why meself... Mayhaps someone gets their hands on it and introduces spyware...
It depends... Where are you in terms of Location, Pirr? I hear there have been a few problems with UK mirrored Firefox Downloads.. no idea why meself... Mayhaps someone gets their hands on it and introduces spyware...
Originally Posted by Killak
He was saying that he has had no issues with Firefox as of the post. Smile

On another note -- I did not expect a landslide in terms of the votes here. I had no idea everyone used Firefox. I figured we'd have a few Internet Explorer users at least.
I was just wondering if it may be due to a regional thing... That wouldnt be too cool...

And yeah... I used to use IE a Lot, then Firefox was faster and smoother, so I use it now.
Firefox for sure. I used Firefox for months, then loaded up IE one day for kicks.. I couldn't believe how slow it was. It took at least 30 seconds just to load up and then about 10 seconds more just to load my homepage.

Firefox seems to be taking the poll by storm!
Only idiots use IE, Firefox is just that much better.

Tried to convince my old school to put Firefox as the main browser, instead of IE, but my school thinks that I'm an idiot when it comes to ICT type stuff (considering that I've done none of the coursework, yet I ace the Higher level paper, just goes to show that my ex-school's ICT department was a bunch of flailing retards.)
I've yet to see an IT dept. in a school have real tech guys. We had a teacher who had no idea on how to insert a header and footer on a word doc.

after i loaded up firefox my family seems to have taken to it.
I have a fingerprint access into my laptop. My uni's IT dept broke into it in order to do stuff.

How the fuck man? My IT dept are badass. Like... Agents or some crazyness like that!
badass.
Originally Posted by Killak
Its when you use that word that you lose all credibility.
You're a wanker, man.
Loving FireFox 3, It's the only browser i use now. All the rest are put to shame.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account