NFL in London?

Sports

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

It's been a widely discussed topic over these last couple of years, but it seems like the NFL is inching closer and closer to opening up an NFL team in London. What are your thoughts?

I'm especially curious to hear from those across the pond. Is American Football catching on in the UK?
I'm not UK, but I would be very excited to see this come to fruition. American Football and Football are about to collide! Nah, love em both. Seriously, UKers - what do you think?
I'm not a huge AF fan but that could be because it's not well known over here unlike baseball or basketball but you never know.
They start doing two games a year, this year. One each year for the next 8 will feature the Jaguars (American NFL fans send their sympathies to London) and the other will be revolving teams.

All previous games had sold out and were packed, but I am curious to see how the additional game, featuring a just god awful team, will do.

The NFL wants to start to build loyalty to a single team, but holy crap, the Jaguars?
I imagine the travel will be a nightmare if it ever does happen. I feel for anyone drafted to their team, too.
I imagine the travel will be a nightmare if it ever does happen. I feel for anyone drafted to their team, too.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Most analyst believe an eventual London team would play multiple home then multiple away games in a row.

Basically:

HOME
HOME
HOME
HOME
AWAY
AWAY
AWAY
AWAY
HOME
HOME
HOME
HOME
AWAY
AWAY
AWAY
AWAY

So, they would stay in the US for 4 weeks, and only have the truly long travel between a few games.

One suggestion made was all 8 home games, BYE week with travel, all 8 away games. So, you would have the international travel in a week with no games. And the week of the away games, you would have the same amount of travel as any other team.
I take it the jaguars are bad then?
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Normally in bottom third, annually...
Okay well if our british team keeps losing then I guess we should give AF a miss and find another sport to try and be good at

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account