So I know I am kinda techno-slow, but...

Tech & Electronics

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

...as I was perusing the site, I accidently pressed the 's' key, and it automatically went to the search bar - like a shortcut for it...

I am not the brightest when it comes to these things, so I was sort of excited to find this...until I noticed the "Keyboard Shortcuts" icon at the bottom of the page.

I hope that silliness brings some joy to your day, knowing that yours truly is capable of being a complete id10t. That's all for now.

Oh, here's another one:

my nephew, known online as darnedbagboyjr on Live, and jacksdismay here and PSN, is our new apprentice at my shop (auto repair) and was trying to figure out why the heater wasn't working on a vehicle he was working on. "I set all the dials and everything - it should be blowing hot! What the heck?" were the words he expressed. Me, being very experienced in this field, came over and asked him to repeat his procedure. He did this as follows: Turned the key on, set the dial to hot, and the fan on high, blended to defrost and floor. He smirked at me. I then proceeded to inform him that the heater gets its heat from the hot coolant circulating through the engine - it needs to be running to work... (not true for some hybrids now, but not in this case at all).

He expected the heat to work without a hot engine. That's funny right there. Shows that we are all capable of silliness.

Have a great day!
Me and my wife do that stuff all the time. She more than and I. She hates it though because as soon as she does it, for the next day I just repeat asking to bug her to death on what she messed up on.
He expected the heat to work without a hot engine. That's funny right there. Shows that we are all capable of silliness.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I bet he would know this simple truth if he lived in a colder climate... All of the suckers up North know the value of remote start so the car will warm up first...
I bet he would know this simple truth if he lived in a colder climate... All of the suckers up North know the value of remote start so the car will warm up first...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Remote start is pretty fucking awesome in the summer, too. I hit the remote start, shut down my PC, pack my gear, hit the rest room, leave the office, and get to a car that has already cooled down to the point of being able to get in it.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
What's great about this comment is that he grew up in SLC area! It's not as cold as other spots, but it does drop enough that he should have considered it at some point. I still laugh at it.

But, it just makes me feel good knowing that I can do dumb stuff, like the rest if us, and give you all joy in it.
Remote start is pretty fucking awesome in the summer, too. I hit the remote start, shut down my PC, pack my gear, hit the rest room, leave the office, and get to a car that has already cooled down to the point of being able to get in it.
Originally Posted by futiles
Totally the best thing in AZ during summer.
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm fortunate to have a garage at work... My car is rarely hot.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account