State of Decay Sells Half a Million & Patch Fails

State of Decay

Found 3 posts - Go to Last Post

The internet is a buzz after the first Title Update for State of Decay failed to fix bugs. Undead Labs announced that a second Title Update for State of Decay is in the early phase of certification after the first patch failed to fix several bugs within the game. This news came along with the announcement that State of Decay has already surpassed half a million downloads, which makes it the fastest selling original game on Xbox LIVE Arcade to-date.

Executive Producer Jeff Strain posted a thread over on the official Undead Labs forum apologizing about the issues with the game.

First, I want to apologize. This is not acceptable, and you deserve better than this. Second, we're on the phone with our publisher right now getting everyone mobilized. There's nothing we can do at UL to fix this problem. Once the update has been handed off, the process of getting it to you is something only the Xbox people can handle. So, we're calling in the troops to get going on solving this problem immediately.
At this time it is unclear when the patch will be available, lets just hope it fixes some of the major bugs in the game like getting stuck on a porch and being eaten alive by zombies with your main character.
I've heard a lot of great things about this game, but it seems like I should wait until the patch is available before giving it a shot. Thanks for the info!
I've heard a lot of great things about this game, but it seems like I should wait until the patch is available before giving it a shot. Thanks for the info!
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Yeah, I'd recommend avoiding the problems where you get stuck and eaten alive by zombies, and then losing progress with your best game character. lol

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account