Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

Have you been in a road rage incident?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 16 (25.81%) Yes

× 29 (46.77%) No

× 17 (27.42%) Poll me

• Added 03-02-2016 02:29 AM
  • 62 votes
So, in short, I almost got attacked today. On my way to work, I was driving and signaled into the center turn lane to go left at the next light. As I did it, a car that was going to make the same turn comes speeding down the center lane behind me. I only saw it because the headlights reflected in my mirror, and I immediately swerved back into traffic i emerged from. The car speeds by and I resume my left turn antics. We reach the intersection and it has turned red. I am directly behind this individual at this point. I laughed to myself at this irony and continued listening to Bob and Tom on the radio. The guy in front of me then decides to reverse into me, get out of his car yelling that I rear ended him. He has a small baton in his j hand and is screaming and yelling at me to get out of my car and fight him. (there was no damage to either vehicles)
My adrenaline starts to pump and I wait for an opportunity to drive away.

The guy behind me gets out, wanting to know whats happening. Crazy guy says I rear ended him. I shake my head no, and the guy behind me gets out of his truck and starts to agree with me. He saw the incident and was filming it by this point. The truck guy pulls out his pistol and tells the guy to "move along".

Crazy guys answers:

"That mother fucker is a veteran. He should have died in Iraq instead of being in my way."

Truck guy says he's a "veteran as well, and the only person dying today is gonna be you if you don't move."

Baton guy finally sees the absurdity of his temper, and leaves. I continue on to work, and truck guy actually follows me. We chat for a bit about it and our service history, then part ways. He had an out of state plate, and was only visiting Sedona.

For me, it just showed how crazy some folks can get, but more importantly, how the bond and brotherhood of vets still runs deep. Yeah, it was scary, and I wanted to get out and go to town on the guy, but my recent court history deterred my behavior, That's for reading.
DAMN!
This is why I hate driving and happy I got out of southern California, glad you're okay.
Good job keeping a level head.
Sounds to me like guy was trying to do insurance
Fraud.

Awesome that someone helped out as well.
Yeits, it could have gone a lot worse. Glad it ended up the way it did. Truck guy stopped in to work just a bit ago and said his farewells as he and his family left town. He said the same thing about keeping my cool.

If this happened last year at this time, before my whole court stuff, I probably would have shot him. I guess growing up is actually a good thing.
Glad it worked out. Luckily that guy helped you out. Maybe you should invest in a dash cam.
Did you get the guys plate number just in case something comes of this? I think you being in the military and what you have already been through there shows that you've already grown up. Now keeping your cool is another story all together. I think the dash cam may be a good suggestion for you, seeing this is a second instance in traffic for you. Better yet just move out here, there's a house right across the street from me, then you could borrow al my games and we could bbq during the week!
I would of just shot the motherfucker Big Grin :P ain't got time for that nonsense.

In all seriousness you should of just got on the phone and called the police. Most of the time people will leave when they see you get on the phone because they don't want police involved. It sounds like this guy was just looking for a fight and they chose you.
Did you get the guys plate number just in case something comes of this? I think you being in the military and what you have already been through there shows that you've already grown up. Now keeping your cool is another story all together. I think the dash cam may be a good suggestion for you, seeing this is a second instance in traffic for you. Better yet just move out here, there's a house right across the street from me, then you could borrow al my games and we could bbq during the week!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I would love that. Fantastic idea, but.... Big Grin
Glad it worked out. Luckily that guy helped you out. Maybe you should invest in a dash cam.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I have started looking since the incident.
Whoa crazy story, I only experience road rage in Phoenix but it is something to laugh at.the absurdity of the self-righteous drivers who need to grow up.
I would of just shot the motherfucker Big Grin :P ain't got time for that nonsense.

In all seriousness you should of just got on the phone and called the police. Most of the time people will leave when they see you get on the phone because they don't want police involved. It sounds like this guy was just looking for a fight and they chose you.
Originally Posted by Monky Spit
That would also be a perfectly good response. Do they sell those Tazer guns out there? That might be another good investment. Big Grin
I hadn't even of thought of that. Taser would be perfect.
Not an incident as such but I swear insanely at the driver........window up of course!
I hadn't even of thought of that. Taser would be perfect.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Don't do tasers, a study showed that pepper spray is actually a better defense in those situations.
Don't do tasers, a study showed that pepper spray is actually a better defense in those situations.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
A can of wasp spray is just as effective and they don't have to be so close to you. Some wasp sprays can go up to 20 feet!
The concern I have with sprays is the easy probability of self infliction. I've been sprayed as part of a training exercise and it was not fun at all. I don't want residual on me if getting attached. A teaser can be effective, but again, close contact could result in infliction. I'll not worry too much about since I haven't had many incidents like this, and I could hold my own in a scrap if need be.

Just food for thought.
The concern I have with sprays is the easy probability of self infliction. I've been sprayed as part of a training exercise and it was not fun at all. I don't want residual on me if getting attached. A teaser can be effective, but again, close contact could result in infliction. I'll not worry too much about since I haven't had many incidents like this, and I could hold my own in a scrap if need be.

Just food for thought.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Yea, well that is just it, a taser needs to hit it's target to be effective so aiming is very key, most people miss first time and thats all you get is a one shot deal. With a spray you just point in the general direction and sweep, the spray lasts a longer and even if the person puts up their hands in defense even residuals get on the person it could be irritating, this give you plenty of time to run or do what you need to to subdue them. I would not suggest going with anything other than a legal Pepper spray of the highest concentrate or home made paper spray, but do go organic and no pesticides. Using Wasp spray has pesticides and that can do permanent damage to the persons health: eyes, and even respiratory system (hell it may even kill them depending?) whereas pepper sprays only cause extreme discomfort, but the person will eventually recover from it. The residuals you get would be minimal compared to the person getting hit straight on (even while defending) I could go on but I think you get the picture.
Or be like Dog the Bounty Hunter and have a pepper ball gun, but as said self infliction can occur.
Or be like Dog the Bounty Hunter and have a pepper ball gun, but as said self infliction can occur.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I forgot about that lol!

Thanks Jeff, that highlights my thoughts
The problem with pepper spray is that you would of had to roll down your window or get out of your vehicle which could put you in danger. Also having a Taser Like this bad boy could also put you in danger because you would need to roll down your window or get out of the vehicle.

The other thing is that we don't know if that other driver was armed and primed (hot). You were lucky that another driver got out of his vehicle with a primed firearm. It probably startled that individual who was yelling at you and when he noticed the firearm he backed away.

The best thing really would be to have a camera rolling before, during and, after the incident. A cell phone to call for help, whether that's to emergency services or to a family member. And then something for protection IE a firearm, pepper spray, or a nightstick and use them as a last resort. If you do have one of these weapons please for the love of god do not inform the attacker or assailant as that will make matters worse.

Also be sure to check up on State laws as many States require you to posses a CWP/CCL when concealing a firearm.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account