Extra Life 2017

General Chat

Holy amazing!
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
With your support, it could be amazinger!
We did some lunchtime gaming, and played Stop Thief! from Restoration Games.
With your support, it could be amazinger!
Originally Posted by futiles
Did I not donate for 2017 yet? I thought I did. You know how close to the heart this is for me.
Did I not donate for 2017 yet? I thought I did. You know how close to the heart this is for me.
Not yet. But, there is plenty of time!

You can see individual donations made here.
Received a $50 donation this morning, bringing me to $6855 on the year. $1145 away from the current goal of $8000!
Received a $50 donation this morning, bringing me to $6855 on the year. $1145 away from the current goal of $8000!
Let's push for 10k!
Not yet. But, there is plenty of time!

You can see individual donations made here.
Holy crap, Extra Life United made a HUGE contribution! Wow. I wish I could do something like that.

EDIT: NM I see what that was.Very nice.
Holy crap, Extra Life United made a HUGE contribution! Wow. I wish I could do something like that.

EDIT: NM I see what that was.Very nice.
Yes, that was my winnings.
Dacoto and I, with a couple of other friends, have been trying to play more tabletop games this year, and made a little guild for us to track how we are doing, and compare against each other.

We are trying to play:

100 different tabletop games. Anything, boardgames, cards games, miniature wargames, RPGs. Just, 100 different games. Expansions don't count, just the base games. So, playing Puerto Rio and then Puerto Rico: The New Buildings is still just Puerto Rico. But, playing Puerto Rico and then San Juan (the card game re-imaging of Puerto Rico) would be 2 different games. I am currently at 129 games played. And I still have BGGCON (5-days of tabletop gaming) in November.

100 NEW-TO-YOU games. Much like the previous one, same rules, except, these are all games you have never played before. I am currently at 92 new-to-me games played. I have no fear that I will get 8 more in, I mean, I have 4 months, 2 per month and I am done. I hope to be done next week...

10x10 - Play 10 games, 10 times each. This is to get certain games back to the table, repeatedly, to get the full experience. This is where expansions are nice. Play Puerto Rico 3-4 times, then add in The New Buildings, and the next 3-4 games are a good bit different. Legacy games are good, too. (Legacy games are a newer trend in tabletop, during and after each game, you make permanent changes to the game itself, affecting ALL future plays. By permanent, I mean, write on the board with permanent marker, add stickers, tear up or otherwise destroy components. PERMANENT.) I am doing OK on this, and will finish it, no problem. I have 7 games done. 1 at 8 plays. 3 at 6 plays. 4 at 5 plays. 7 at 4 plays. 12 at 3 plays. 16 at 2 plays. So, I am 90% complete, and literally 10 games played would finish this.

17x17 - Play 17 games, 17 times each. This is the hard one. This alone requires 289 games played. Finishing this obviously finishes the 10x10, but, needs another 7 games involved, and an extra 189 plays. Still I am doing OK, of the 7 games with 10+ plays, 2 have 12, 2 have 11, and 3 have 10 plays. I am only 45% done with this one.
Dacoto and I, with a couple of other friends, have been trying to play more tabletop games this year, and made a little guild for us to track how we are doing, and compare against each other.

We are trying to play:

100 different tabletop games. Anything, boardgames, cards games, miniature wargames, RPGs. Just, 100 different games. Expansions don't count, just the base games. So, playing Puerto Rio and then Puerto Rico: The New Buildings is still just Puerto Rico. But, playing Puerto Rico and then San Juan (the card game re-imaging of Puerto Rico) would be 2 different games. I am currently at 129 games played. And I still have BGGCON (5-days of tabletop gaming) in November.

100 NEW-TO-YOU games. Much like the previous one, same rules, except, these are all games you have never played before. I am currently at 92 new-to-me games played. I have no fear that I will get 8 more in, I mean, I have 4 months, 2 per month and I am done. I hope to be done next week...

10x10 - Play 10 games, 10 times each. This is to get certain games back to the table, repeatedly, to get the full experience. This is where expansions are nice. Play Puerto Rico 3-4 times, then add in The New Buildings, and the next 3-4 games are a good bit different. Legacy games are good, too. (Legacy games are a newer trend in tabletop, during and after each game, you make permanent changes to the game itself, affecting ALL future plays. By permanent, I mean, write on the board with permanent marker, add stickers, tear up or otherwise destroy components. PERMANENT.) I am doing OK on this, and will finish it, no problem. I have 7 games done. 1 at 8 plays. 3 at 6 plays. 4 at 5 plays. 7 at 4 plays. 12 at 3 plays. 16 at 2 plays. So, I am 90% complete, and literally 10 games played would finish this.

17x17 - Play 17 games, 17 times each. This is the hard one. This alone requires 289 games played. Finishing this obviously finishes the 10x10, but, needs another 7 games involved, and an extra 189 plays. Still I am doing OK, of the 7 games with 10+ plays, 2 have 12, 2 have 11, and 3 have 10 plays. I am only 45% done with this one.
100 Unique - I have 133 played now

100 New-to-me - I have 101 new-to-me played now

10x10 - 91% complete, added another play to Rhino Hero.

17x17 - 46%, got 3 more plays on this list checked off

We are trying to play:

144 Unique games played, so 144% completed.

107 New-to-me games played, so 107% completed.

10x10 is 94% complete, 6 plays across 3 games left to go.

17x17 is 47.75% complete. So many games left to play, but, no real focus on this yet. Sometime around Extra Life Game Day and BGGCON, I will ramp this one up.

We are trying to play:

Getting closer on these:

10x10 - 96% complete. 8 games at 10+ plays, and 2 games at 8 plays each. 2 more plays of each game, and this one is done.

17x17 - 49.83% complete. 3 games at 12 plays each, 3 at 11 plays each, 2 at 10 each, 2 at 8 each, 4 at 6 each, and 3 at 5 each.

148% complete on the 100 unique games, and 110% complete on the 100 New-to-me games.
Caught up my #100DaysofGaming posts, getting prepared for the 25-hour live stream, considering mixing multiple platforms this year. Potentially doing a little bit on my Xbone, my PS4, and my Switch, but, likely not using my PC, unless some game really grabs me, there.

As always, we will have our annual Rock Band concert during the stream, I would anticipate that to be around 4PM Central Time.
Next year I'm not giving you anything until the end of the year. It's no fun for me to follow when I donated in Jan.
Next year I'm not giving you anything until the end of the year. It's no fun for me to follow when I donated in Jan.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I mean, they will let you donate twice...

We are trying to play:

56% complete on the 17x17. Nothing is finished on it, but:

1 x16 (Downforce)
2 x14 (Splendor)
3 x12 (Kingdomino)
4 x12 (Timeline: Americana)
5 x12 (SeaFall)
6 x11 (Retro Loonacy)
7 x11 (Potion Explosion)
8 x10 (Loonacy)
9 x10 (Rhino Hero)
10x 8 (Century: Spice Road)
11x 8 (A Game of Thrones: Hand of the King)
12x 7 (Sagrada)
13x 7 (Port Royal)
14x 6 (Pyramid Arcade)
15x 6 (Codenames)
16x 6 (Secret Hitler)
17x 6 (Ethnos)

Striking distance on a handful. Really need to get one of those 7 or 8 play games to 10, and knock the 10x10 out.

149 Unique titles played, 111 new-to-me of those. And 54 of them were played more than once.
I mean, they will let you donate twice...
How generous of them. You also crushed your goals so I'll hold off and help you again next year. It's not my fault if you went too low on your goals.
How generous of them. You also crushed your goals so I'll hold off and help you again next year. It's not my fault if you went too low on your goals.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I upped my goals. And, sadly, I have only raised $305, really. The other $6500 was prize winnings.
Getting close to game day. I just got my time off arranged at the office, as I currently work Saturdays, and that would have been difficult. I am wanting to play on a few consoles, and open up to multiple styles of game play.

My schedule for gaming will be 10:00 AM CDT on Saturday, November 4, 2017 until 10:00 AM CST on Sunday, November 5, 2017. A full 25-hour gaming marathon, streamed entirely on Twitch and Mixer, simultaneously.

Have not decided on what to play and when, but, I am thinking:

Xbox One:
Gears of War 4 (second half) - I started the campaign last year on Extra Life Game Day, and finished half of it in Co-Op with a friend. My friend will be returning with me to finish the fight. I think we started around noonish last year.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I started it, played the first real mission, and kind of got side tracked

Rock Band 4 concert - As has become a tradition with my Extra Life Game Day stream, my wife and I will do Rock Band for 4-6 hours, probably somewhere around the 17:00 CDT window on Saturday, November 4.

Nintendo Switch:
Super Mario Odyssey - Should be picking this up the week before Game Day, and would make an entertaining play, for at least a few hours. May do this on the early side, open up the kid-friend part of the stream each day.

PlayStation 4:
Horizon Zero Dawn - Been interested in starting this, and, I will say that during long stretches of Game Day, having a more Epic Game to kill time with helps

Skyrim - I have yet to play an Elder Scrolls on a Sony console...

Fallout 4 - Did I say Elder Scrolls, I should have said, "I have yet to play a Bethesda game on a Sony Console..."

The Last of Us - Not sure how much story I have left, but, I am wanting to see how it ends.

Tabletop:
Have not decided if I will incorporate and tabletop this year, but, my family seems interested and willing to take part. I need to see how seamless I can make the transitions from consoles to tabletop the next couple of weeks.

PC:
I don't plan on including my PC games at this time.

Games on the "shelf":

Entire Uncharted Series (1-3 Remastered and 4)
God of War III (Good, old-fashioned, bloody fun)
Knack (I need to finish this)
No Man's Sky (Wanna watch me do nothing in space for hours?)
MarioKart 8 Deluxe (if any of you have a Switch, and would be interested in some online play, let me know)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (not really sure on this one, but thought I would give it a shot)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I have like 18 shrines left to find and complete)
The Dwarves (Mixed reviews here, story is rated excellent, gameplay... Well, the story is rated excellent)
Subnautica (Wanna watch me do nothing underwater for hours?)
Tropico (I have this one level kicking my ass, maybe people watching me fail would help...)

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? Want to donate money to Extra Life and TELL ME what game to play? Force me to buy and play a Final Fantasy game? Or maybe a Metal Gear Solid game? (We got one for free, didn't we?)
#100DaysofGaming is at Day 70. 30 days left until Extra Life Game Day.

Looks like a MarioKart 8 Deluxe race-a-thon is going to happen between a bunch of us Extra Lifers. We have not established a time, but, we are working that out.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account