Gaming in 2021. Whats everyones goals for the year? Most anticipated games?

Gaming Chat

Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

We are just a few days away from 2021. Does anyone else have any gaming goals for the year and if not what about everyones most anticipated games of the year?
Personally, I hope to break 1 million gamerscore next year. I have about 2500 games owned just on xb1 so it should be easy, especially considering how many easy games come out on a weekly basis nowadays and I buy most of them if the price is low enough. I just started earning achievements again at the start of March of this year and I hadn't attained much prior for several years. GTN has helped reignite my interest in gamerscore and achievements. I'm nearing almost 270 thousand gamerscore for this year since March and I think I can do much better next year. I'll post some games I'm looking forward to as well in a bit.
Personally, I hope to break 1 million gamerscore next year. I have about 2500 games owned just on xb1 so it should be easy, especially considering how many easy games come out on a weekly basis nowadays and I buy most of them if the price is low enough. I just started earning achievements again at the start of March of this year and I hadn't attained much prior for several years. GTN has helped reignite my interest in gamerscore and achievements. I'm nearing almost 270 thousand gamerscore for this year since March and I think I can do much better next year. I'll post some games I'm looking forward to as well in a bit.
Originally Posted by JewishHulk87
If Achievement Fest 2021 happens, that could be a good way to make your goal happen.
If Achievement Fest 2021 happens, that could be a good way to make your goal happen.
Originally Posted by futiles
What is achievement fest? Is that a competition on GTN?
Some games I'm looking forward to for 2021 our Gotham Knights, Halo Infinite (though I'm worried about its release), Hogwarts Legacy ( I'm almost 34 but love the Harry Potter Books), Hitman 3, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Everwild, Dying Light 2, Stalker 2, Chivalry 2, Diablo 4, overwatch 2, Beyond Good and Evil 2, psychonauts 2, Rainbow six Quarantine, System Shock 3, Fable, Hellblade 2, Resident Evil 8, Far Cry 6, outsiders, riders republic, it takes two, Battlefield, LOTR Gollum, crossfire x, evil dead, shadow warrior 3, elden ring, elder scrolls 6 2022??, etc. A bunch more I have in mind but many pc or Sony exclusives as well.
What is achievement fest? Is that a competition on GTN?
It is a yearly get together of gamers from the US and Canada (we have 2 Canadians now!). We usually swap games, share consoles, access foreign games/consoles, quick ID@Xbox titles, boost MP achievements...

The last few years have been about 40+ of us, with growth each year. We obviously cancelled 2020, but, not sure what 2021 looks like, yet.
It is a yearly get together of gamers from the US and Canada (we have 2 Canadians now!). We usually swap games, share consoles, access foreign games/consoles, quick ID@Xbox titles, boost MP achievements...

The last few years have been about 40+ of us, with growth each year. We obviously cancelled 2020, but, not sure what 2021 looks like, yet.
Sounds great, I've been looking for people to game with so I'd be down.
I'm looking forward to hopefully upgrading to the Xbox Series X in 2021 so that's my only gaming goal for now. Perhaps I can go for another 100 completions next year or crank out another 100K Gamerscore but I doubt I'll be able to duplicate my numbers from this year.
I'm looking forward to hopefully upgrading to the Xbox Series X in 2021 so that's my only gaming goal for now. Perhaps I can go for another 100 completions next year or crank out another 100K Gamerscore but I doubt I'll be able to duplicate my numbers from this year.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Yeah ill have to get a series X as well at some point this year. I'll probably wait a bit whether it's available or not as the series x can't even compete with my laptop and my
Desktop obliterates it. I need to see how the exclusives are further down the road as there aren't any yet....
Sounds great, I've been looking for people to game with so I'd be down.
Well, if it happens this year, it will be in Terre Haute, IN, July 29 - August 1.
One of my biggest and elusive goals is to spend a significant amount of time with high quality games. I have on my plate for starters Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Quantum Break, Plague Tale: Innocence, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Can I make it through these games while so many other gamers beat me to the 1 million gamerscore milestone? I sure hope so.

My second goal is to find a 24-hour time slot in which to beat my own unofficial world record for most gamerscore in 24 hours. This time around I would like to surpass 120,000 gamerscore in a single day. I still have several months of preparation to set it up.
One of my biggest and elusive goals is to spend a significant amount of time with high quality games. I have on my plate for starters Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Quantum Break, Plague Tale: Innocence, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Can I make it through these games while so many other gamers beat me to the 1 million gamerscore milestone? I sure hope so.

My second goal is to find a 24-hour time slot in which to beat my own unofficial world record for most gamerscore in 24 hours. This time around I would like to surpass 120,000 gamerscore in a single day. I still have several months of preparation to set it up.
Originally Posted by LausDomini
120k in a day is epic. I doubt many people can get 100 thousand in a week, getting over that much in a day would be insane in a good way. I'm just going through and popping a few achievements on games I haven't tried yet and I still have several hundred to try out, lol. Its been fun hopping from game to game and I'm getting some achievements and gamerscore in the process.
I going to try and unlock all these badges this year.

All In One gamer III (10 BP) - Play 50 Xbox One Games
Animus Master (10 BP) - Complete Assassin’s Creed
Arcade Fire VII (25 BP) - Own 500 360 Arcade Games
Badgeaholic (20 BP) - Own 400 Badges
Best Week Ever II (15 BP) - 5K GS in a Week
Best Week Ever III (20 BP) - 10K GS in a Week
Best Week Ever IV (25 BP) - 15K GS in a Week
Best Year Ever IV (25 BP) - 100K GS in a Year
Block Party (10 BP) - Complete a tetris Game
ctOS Breach (10 BP) - Complete a Watchdogs game
Cry No More (10 BP) - Complete a Devil May Cry game
Deep Pockets (10 BP) - Complete Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Dishonorable Mention (10 BP) - Complete a Dishonored game
Don’t Tell Anyone (15 BP) - Unlock 1000 Secret Achievements
Empire State of Mind (10 BP) - Complete an Age of Empires game
Fast as Lightning (10 BP) - Complete a Kinect Sports title
I’m GLaDOS You Came (10 BP) - Complete a portal game
King of Kinect (10 BP) - Complete 10 Kinect games
King of Kings (10 BP) - Complete a King of Fighters Game
Kobayashi Maru (10 BP) - Complete a Star Trek game
Playing Favorites III (15 BP) - Add 100 games to your favorites
Paragonegade (10 BP) - Complete Mass Effect
Reviewer IV (20 BP) - Review 50 games
Tenured IV (20BP) - 15 Years on Xbox Live
They See Me Rolling (10BP) - Complete a DnD Game
Umbrella Executive (10 BP) - Complete Resident Evil
I going to try and unlock all these badges this year.

All In One gamer III (10 BP) - Play 50 Xbox One Games
Animus Master (10 BP) - Complete Assassin’s Creed
Arcade Fire VII (25 BP) - Own 500 360 Arcade Games
Badgeaholic (20 BP) - Own 400 Badges
Best Week Ever II (15 BP) - 5K GS in a Week
Best Week Ever III (20 BP) - 10K GS in a Week
Best Week Ever IV (25 BP) - 15K GS in a Week
Best Year Ever IV (25 BP) - 100K GS in a Year
Block Party (10 BP) - Complete a tetris Game
ctOS Breach (10 BP) - Complete a Watchdogs game
Cry No More (10 BP) - Complete a Devil May Cry game
Deep Pockets (10 BP) - Complete Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Dishonorable Mention (10 BP) - Complete a Dishonored game
Don’t Tell Anyone (15 BP) - Unlock 1000 Secret Achievements
Empire State of Mind (10 BP) - Complete an Age of Empires game
Fast as Lightning (10 BP) - Complete a Kinect Sports title
I’m GLaDOS You Came (10 BP) - Complete a portal game
King of Kinect (10 BP) - Complete 10 Kinect games
King of Kings (10 BP) - Complete a King of Fighters Game
Kobayashi Maru (10 BP) - Complete a Star Trek game
Playing Favorites III (15 BP) - Add 100 games to your favorites
Paragonegade (10 BP) - Complete Mass Effect
Reviewer IV (20 BP) - Review 50 games
Tenured IV (20BP) - 15 Years on Xbox Live
They See Me Rolling (10BP) - Complete a DnD Game
Umbrella Executive (10 BP) - Complete Resident Evil
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Great goals! I want to start looking at all the badge unlocking requirements. I've yet to look them up, even though I do love earning them it's a great site feature, I love it.
My primary gaming goal for 2021 is to complete the Assassin's Creed Series. I'm currently up to Origins, so I'm close, relatively speaking.
My primary gaming goal for 2021 is to complete the Assassin's Creed Series. I'm currently up to Origins, so I'm close, relatively speaking.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Awesome, great series. I hear it's been getting better and better after origins. I started Valhalla and it looks great and most fans and critics seem to agree. I completed the first one years ago but have all the ones on xbox one to do, I know it's going to be a long journey, but the games are good, so I'm looking forward to getting back to it sometime soon.
Well, if it happens this year, it will be in Terre Haute, IN, July 29 - August 1.
Ooof. Those are bad dates. Guess I'll finally miss one.
Earn 100k :gs: or so
Complete at least 2 games/month that have been sitting around 70-99% progress
Pop 20 or so badges
Take more naps
Ooof. Those are bad dates. Guess I'll finally miss one.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Betting odds are on us all missing this one as well...
Earn 100k :gs: or so
Complete at least 2 games/month that have been sitting around 70-99% progress
Pop 20 or so badges
Take more naps
Originally Posted by HappyStain
I should do this too, I have so many games near completion but I always hop from game to game to game before any of them are done lol. That's why my completion percentage is straight garbage. I'm trying to get at least one achievement or more in every game I own as well, so it's probably going to lower my percentage even more 😆

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account