Merry Christmas!

General Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

What blows my mind is that I just found out that wasn't a real movie. It was only made as clips specifically for Home Alone and the "sequel" was made just for Home Alone 2. I would totally have watched that movie for real!
Yeah me too. Cuz I always wonder what that movie was
This is where I explain that I have never seen Home Alone, so, I don't understand this conversation.
This is where I explain that I have never seen Home Alone, so, I don't understand this conversation.
Originally Posted by futiles
You should remedy that situation post-haste.
You should remedy that situation post-haste.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
But don't watch more than the first two. Anything after the 2nd is a waste of time. In my opinion.
I honestly have no desire to see them. The clips I have seen aren't funny, and if "the best parts of the movie" aren't funny or interesting, I usually won't waste my time. I really think there is a lot of nostalgia involved in people's love of the film, and since I never saw it as a kid, I have none, so, it is mostly lost on me.

Same with Goonies. The one time I tried watching it, it was just complete garbage.
I honestly have no desire to see them. The clips I have seen aren't funny, and if "the best parts of the movie" aren't funny or interesting, I usually won't waste my time. I really think there is a lot of nostalgia involved in people's love of the film, and since I never saw it as a kid, I have none, so, it is mostly lost on me.

Same with Goonies. The one time I tried watching it, it was just complete garbage.
Originally Posted by futiles
Never liked Goonies, even as a kid. Stand By Me was my boys adventure film of choice. What a great film.

But Home Alone, I only saw it for the first time last year, and I really liked it.
I will also admit that Chris Columbus is usually a bust for me. I think Adventures in Babysitting is the only movie of his (as director) I ever fully enjoyed. Even Only the Lonely, with John Candy and John Hughes involved did nothing for me.

Gremlins is the only one he wrote that I do genuinely love.

But, the first 2 Harry Potters are the worst ones, Percy Jackson was OK, Mrs Doubtfire was awful, Bicentennial Man (which is usually panned by people) is probably the "best" of the rest of his stuff (to me).

I have never seen Elf, either. The couple of times I tried, like most Will Ferrell starring films, 10-15 min in and I am channel surfing.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account