So whos winning the pre order war? Check this out.

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Here's a very interesting article, for all the people saying PS4 is out doing the Xbox one I pre orders.

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/didn...out-8C11523817
Obviously both are going to sell out day one, but the real question is who will win the mind share next year and afterwards. This year is just an exercise in which company managed to get the most made.

I actually only have one gamerscore whore friend so I've been asked often by 'normal folks' which they should get because they "have heard bad things about the drm and online". I tell them, "Look if you buy a PS4 and go home and play the games you'll be thrilled about the improved graphics. The problem is, eventually you'll go to a friends house that has a Xbox One and you'll see all the cool stuff you don't have like (insert 10 mins of examples) and you will wish you had that. The PS4 is a traditional upgrade that's just more powerful than the last, the One has lots of things Sony will never figure out or simply can't do".

I've convinced everyone I talk to.
I honestly think there will be plenty of consoles to go around and they will not sell out. I'm sure there is a good demand on the next gen consoles and saying they are sold out or have limited quantities is them stoking the fire. It would be embarrassing otherwise.
Hey folks, hope each off you are all in great health and equally in fine spirits...

For what it's worth, there are many "loyal" gamers' out there whom will continue playing games on there fav' console, if you are a PS gamer the chances are you will buy the new PS, same for XBOX gamers' and yes KAENS your comments are 100% correct, some folks will have both consoles in there homes (mind for example) I personally will be getting a XB1 when the price falls a little the plan was too get on for Christmas but family commitments changed that, my son will be getting the new PS4 what Santa leaves him one, but for me what I enjoy about gaming is a number off different things...

[1] Graphics
[2] Story (if there is one)
[3] Game play
[4] With friends

What we will see is a BIG difference in price, perhaps around 10-15% increase on each game we buy, there are a number off different factors I think we may have to take into consideration whilst planning to buy the new gen console, and the for-mention is just one.

Regards
Homie
Where do you get the price increase on games? There is no declaration of price increases, and they are already selling the games at $60, same cost as current GEN.

You WILL see an increase in DLC and Collector/Limited Editions as a way to increase income, but, that is only because we have showed them that it works this GEN.
Also developers have already stated that the graphically wise the two console are pretty much on par, they make the point to point out that they won't completely redesign a games graphics just for one consol, (there are exceptions) but mainly when they produce a game for both console there going to be pretty much the same game, yes one may get a few exclusives,but those are usually only limited time engagements and then the other consol will get them (again there are exceptions) Even last Gen (360) you don't see too many games between the consoles changing, save for Alone in the Dark and Fatal Conspiracy....is that the right name? But look at those two games, really they weren't that set apart from the crowd.
Where do you get the price increase on games? There is no declaration of price increases, and they are already selling the games at $60, same cost as current GEN.

You WILL see an increase in DLC and Collector/Limited Editions as a way to increase income, but, that is only because we have showed them that it works this GEN.
Originally Posted by futiles

Have to agree with Futiles, I buy mainly from Best Buy and most of Xbox One games are priced at $59.99 like current games.
Also developers have already stated that the graphically wise the two console are pretty much on par, they make the point to point out that they won't completely redesign a games graphics just for one consol, (there are exceptions) but mainly when they produce a game for both console there going to be pretty much the same game, yes one may get a few exclusives,but those are usually only limited time engagements and then the other consol will get them (again there are exceptions) Even last Gen (360) you don't see too many games between the consoles changing, save for Alone in the Dark and Fatal Conspiracy....is that the right name? But look at those two games, really they weren't that set apart from the crowd.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

On the current generation, developers HAD to work on the PS3 and 360 versions as two separate projects, similar designs, but separate. The reason was because of the core chipset of the console. Sony used a Sony Developed CELL Processor. Microsoft used a PowerPC chip from IBM. With PS4 and X1 both switching to Intel x86 based chipsets, yes, the two platforms are extremely similar, with really on the type of RAM being used and CloudComputing capabilities as the only real differences.
I honestly think there will be plenty of consoles to go around and they will not sell out. I'm sure there is a good demand on the next gen consoles and saying they are sold out or have limited quantities is them stoking the fire. It would be embarrassing otherwise.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
With the exception of the Wii U, which we all know is garbage, I can't remember the last time consoles sat on selves. Oh wait, the Vita, but tha'ts handheld. No way you will be able to walk into stores prior to Christmas and there will be a stack of PS4s or Xbox Ones. Post a pic here if you find it, I don't believe it.
Something that is merely a rumour as far as I know is the PS4 is supposed to have a day one update which REMOVES the DRM from the system...
One example regarding game increases is for Battlefield 4 I collected a copy a few days ago which I pre-ordered the cost was in total for the XBOX £40.00 (well £39.99) when the new gen X1 is released I can trade my XBOX game in and for an extra £10,00 can update, up-grade call it what you may for the next gen console, this is what I was told when picking up my BF4 copy, a little bit OTT in my honest opinion.

Anyhows, I may be wrong but just watch this space we are all going to pay big time for games for the next gen consoles.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...osts-_-tradeIn

Regards
Homie
Paying an additional $10 for an additional copy of the game is not making the game more expensive, though. Actually, it is making it cheaper.

Right now, you may buy the 360 version for $60 or the Xbox One version for $60, and you have spent the same amount. You can buy CoD for $60 (Digitally on either console, or special retail editions that come with digital codes for next gen) and get the second version for $10, making it $70 for TWO games, which is $35 each.

Honestly, I wish Assassin's Creed and other games would offer this option. I know some stores are offering a trade-in upgrade, but you give up the old game for the new game.
Paying an additional $10 for an additional copy of the game is not making the game more expensive, though. Actually, it is making it cheaper.

Right now, you may buy the 360 version for $60 or the Xbox One version for $60, and you have spent the same amount. You can buy CoD for $60 (Digitally on either console, or special retail editions that come with digital codes for next gen) and get the second version for $10, making it $70 for TWO games, which is $35 each.

Honestly, I wish Assassin's Creed and other games would offer this option. I know some stores are offering a trade-in upgrade, but you give up the old game for the new game.

If you love the game then it's a good bargain, but you would be trading in your 360 copy for the X1. What do you do when DLC comes out and you already traded in your 360 copy? Does your season pass transfer over also after forking over another $50(CoD: Ghosts)? What is the time frame on that trade in? In a years time I think this goes away. It's just there to get initial sales at release because the X1 is not in stores now.
With the exception of the Wii U, which we all know is garbage, I can't remember the last time consoles sat on selves. Oh wait, the Vita, but tha'ts handheld. No way you will be able to walk into stores prior to Christmas and there will be a stack of PS4s or Xbox Ones. Post a pic here if you find it, I don't believe it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I will definitely take pics. I only imagine people buying a new console as being Die Hards or people who don't own a console now as being the main consumers. $500 just for the console is a steep price. I also expect to see more PS4 on the shelves then the X1.
If you love the game then it's a good bargain, but you would be trading in your 360 copy for the X1. What do you do when DLC comes out and you already traded in your 360 copy? Does your season pass transfer over also after forking over another $50(CoD: Ghosts)? What is the time frame on that trade in? In a years time I think this goes away. It's just there to get initial sales at release because the X1 is not in stores now.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
You misunderstood me. I want more games to do the DIGITAL version, where you KEEP both versions of the game. In fact, I said the negative of the in store version was trading it in.

Actually, as far as your other questions, they have been answered:

Activision, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, and many others have declared that DLC/SeasonPasses/Etc will be on BOTH systems for XBOX. If you buy the CoD Season Pass and DLC on the 360, then you also get it on the X1.

And as far as completions, well, you haven't paid attention to my thoughts in the past on that. I don't give a rat's ass about that.
You misunderstood me. I want more games to do the DIGITAL version, where you KEEP both versions of the game. In fact, I said the negative of the in store version was trading it in.

Actually, as far as your other questions, they have been answered:

Activision, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, and many others have declared that DLC/SeasonPasses/Etc will be on BOTH systems for XBOX. If you buy the CoD Season Pass and DLC on the 360, then you also get it on the X1.

And as far as completions, well, you haven't paid attention to my thoughts in the past on that. I don't give a rat's ass about that.

Hmm, is the $10 to upgrade to an X1 title applicable to digital versions? I only found one choice for CoD:Ghost. You pay $69.99 for both digital copies of the 360 & X1. This was specific only to Ghosts and i did not see anything that would be applied across the the board to all the dual titles.

Other places like Amazon, have this trade in program to the end of the year. Nothing specific about losing your 360 disc or it being digital. I just see it as them wanting that disc back so they can resell it and make up the difference from someone else to offset the cost of giving anyone the X1 version for $10.

I will have to ask the Best Buy guys next time I am there.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account