Xbox One Elite Controller

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

I went by my Best Buy last night, and they were opening a single case of the Elite Controller. I went ahead and picked one up.

Does anyone else have one? This seems like the obvious type of site to have a high percentage of owners.

First Impressions:
It is solid. I like the added heft to it. It feels like it weighs almost twice a normal controller.
It seems like it has a billion options, and I am no where near having looked at all of them. I do almost no competitive multiplayer, but, with re-mapping buttons, mapping to paddles, changeable thumbsticks, changeable d-pad, adjusting the sweet spot on triggers... I can see it being popular with people that do.
Quite a few preloaded configs for many popular MS games, but, it is really easy to build your own.

I cannot say, "OMG! It is so worth $150! Run out and buy it!" Because, seriously, it is more expensive than TWO regular controllers WITH rechargeable batteries and play-and-charge kits. But, this isn't some ridiculous strap-on "The Claw" either. If you are someone that "wants" and Elite Controller, but, are not sure if you would like it, I feel pretty confident saying, "Yes, you will like it, just by even wanting it, you'll be the exact demographic that will like it, maybe even love it."

After I spend more that 2 hours of just Fallout 4 with the controller, I will update.
Just remember - double tab the sync buttons when setting it down to disable the paddles.

I still don't have one, I was leaving it for gift for Christmas or my birthday. Friends and family have been unable to find me one though, they are disappointed and so am I.
Just remember - double tab the sync buttons when setting it down to disable the paddles.

I still don't have one, I was leaving it for gift for Christmas or my birthday. Friends and family have been unable to find me one though, they are disappointed and so am I.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Sorry I don't have your cell number. I sent an all friends message out last night while at Best Buy to see if anyone wanted me to grab one for them. Frown

I won't be back by that Best Buy before Monday, so, they likely won't have one when I get back there.
Oh, and yes, I love the ability to turn on/off the paddles.
I'm picking one up for Christmas and cant wait. Rand al Thor and co had a guy from MS that made the elite controller on their podcast a few weeks back and it sounds stupidly good. Plus with all the plans they have for it as well sounds brilliant.

As long as it lasts longer than the normal controllers though, as it stands I've yet to have an Xbox One controller last longer than 18months (mainly loose or wandering thumb sticks).
I'm picking one up for Christmas and cant wait. Rand al Thor and co had a guy from MS that made the elite controller on their podcast a few weeks back and it sounds stupidly good. Plus with all the plans they have for it as well sounds brilliant.

As long as it lasts longer than the normal controllers though, as it stands I've yet to have an Xbox One controller last longer than 18months (mainly loose or wandering thumb sticks).
Originally Posted by Chunkeh Munkeh
Well, I have not had to replace an X1 controller, yet. My Titanfall controller was still my primary one until the Elite came out.
Well, I have not had to replace an X1 controller, yet. My Titanfall controller was still my primary one until the Elite came out.
Originally Posted by futiles
I wore out my Titanfall controller, could be we play a lot more hours or could be the player or both... If you just compared gamerscore, we might play 2 or 3 times as much.

I think a couple thousand hours of play is not too bad for a controller... I suppose you could retrofit them if you really wanted too.
I wore out my Titanfall controller, could be we play a lot more hours or could be the player or both... If you just compared gamerscore, we might play 2 or 3 times as much.

I think a couple thousand hours of play is not too bad for a controller... I suppose you could retrofit them if you really wanted too.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
And that may be, I have worn controllers out, I have a few 360 controllers that I have donated to Faf and others that actually do retrofit them.

Yea, my Day One controller is starting to wander.. I hate that.. Especially when your playing a game that it really counts in...nothing like trying to run a precision course of action and when you have to pause a moment the controller wanders and messes everything up...ugh.

Originally Posted by Fshguy
Also, someone that plays a lot more than me had me grab an elite controller at another store when I found it. Once that one starts getting used, we will find out how good they are.
Also, someone that plays a lot more than me had me grab an elite controller at another store when I found it. Once that one starts getting used, we will find out how good they are.
Originally Posted by futiles
Well unlike you guys, I'm not tough on my controllers! I haven't had a single controller fail, except my turbo controller floats, but that's cause I rubber band the sticks. Those sticks are just tight bands in there and if you leave those extended for hours on end they are bound to have problems.

Man I wish I could replace that one, it's best turbo controller I've ever had and it's Gamestop branded!
The price is what's keeping me from getting it. I totally forgot to look into it around black friday though.
The price is what's keeping me from getting it. I totally forgot to look into it around black friday though.
Originally Posted by Damnlag
Well, you would have wasted your time. It was sold out everywhere, no one did any sales on it, and restocking of it just started last week, with one case of 4 controllers per store.
I'll probably pick one up just because I always like having the "high end" controllers whether I use all the features or not. It might sound dumb but that's just me. If you got the money, spend it! Smile
I'm lucky I guess. Here in the UK Game seems to have an abundance of them albeit bundled with a game (which doesn't bother me as I still don't own Forza 6).

I was going to grab a MS Band 2, but not heard great things regarding its activity tracking and I have nonuse for a trumped up smart watch.
I'm lucky I guess. Here in the UK Game seems to have an abundance of them albeit bundled with a game (which doesn't bother me as I still don't own Forza 6).

I was going to grab a MS Band 2, but not heard great things regarding its activity tracking and I have nonuse for a trumped up smart watch.
Ive actually heard great reviews from the MS Band 2. The only thing people were complaining about was the battery life.
Ive actually heard great reviews from the MS Band 2. The only thing people were complaining about was the battery life.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
I have a Band 1, and I like it a lot. Compared to a Fitbit, I found the Band to be more accurate and more useful. I cannot comment on the Band 2, other than it looks like a solid improvement.
Well, and population could account for that, too. The entire UK is almost 65 Million people, while Wales is just over 3 Million. The US is working on 320 Million people. Elite controllers are shipped 4 in a box (and it doesn't make sense to break up boxes to send less), so a Welsh store getting a single case of 4 controllers would be like a US store getting 106 cases, or 424 controllers. (Ratio based purely on population of locale, not actual console footprint) However, right now most US stores are getting a single case of 4 controllers as restock.

So, yes, I would expect in this situation, an item like that would be somewhat easier to obtain overseas.
How is the weight and feel compared to the Lunar White controller or Forza 6 controller. That is my current standard for gaming controllers right now, the grip and feel is just right with those.
How is the weight and feel compared to the Lunar White controller or Forza 6 controller. That is my current standard for gaming controllers right now, the grip and feel is just right with those.
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
The Lunar White felt like a normal controller to me. Blindfolded, I would not be able to distinguish it from any other model of its generation.

So, Elite is better in every category, for me.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account