Achievement count is way off

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Out of curiosity, I was looking around on the site in the last few days and noticed there is a sizable difference in the amount of achievements I have unlocked according to two different sources on the site and two sources not on the site. The amount that appears under my user name when posting in the forums shows I have unlocked 4,032 achievements, the achievements tab of my profile shows I have unlocked 3,905. Checking my account on TA shows I have unlocked 3,864 achievements. The total I looked up on the Xbox website shows I have unlocked 3,757.

So, not sure how there's a discrepancy of nearly 300 achievements between these sources. I kind of understand the differences between different sites could be due to stats being pulled from different sources, but two different totals on the same site is perplexing.
I was trying to see my numbers as well after your post. Where on the Xbox website are you looking? I was not able to find my achievement count there.

Forums - 11,148 (I think this also includes App achievements)
GTN Profile - 10,960
TA - 10,840
Xbox - ?
I was trying to see my numbers as well after your post. Where on the Xbox website are you looking? I was not able to find my achievement count there.

Forums - 11,148 (I think this also includes App achievements)
GTN Profile - 10,960
TA - 10,840
Xbox - ?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I got my total by going through and counting the number of unlocked achievements for each game, since the site doesn't seem to have a cumulative total number like other sites do. Granted, I don't have as many games played as other people, so it didn't take long to count.
I got my total by going through and counting the number of unlocked achievements for each game, since the site doesn't seem to have a cumulative total number like other sites do. Granted, I don't have as many games played as other people, so it didn't take long to count.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Well there you go, that's why I could find it Smile
I was wondering about the same thing.

The achievement count on my forum profile and on GTN profile is the same (8472) but on TA, i have 8413 achievements. I know for a fact that TA counts both app and 0 score achievements.. so where did the extra 59 achievements come from???
Edit: I just checked Exophase and my achievement count on there is 8472 as well, so could be how TA counts achievements?
I was wondering about the same thing.

The achievement count on my forum profile and on GTN profile is the same (8472) but on TA, i have 8413 achievements. I know for a fact that TA counts both app and 0 score achievements.. so where did the extra 59 achievements come from???
Edit: I just checked Exophase and my achievement count on there is 8472 as well, so could be how TA counts achievements?
Originally Posted by deutschZuid
Still doesn't explain how this site and others have counted more unlocked achievements than the Xbox website, which is pulling stats directly from your Xbox Live account.
This made me curious, so I did a little research of my own. I had never heard of Exophase, but I signed up and did a scan there, just for this. Smile lol
  • Exophase - 7145 achievements
  • GTN - 7145 achievements
  • GTN under my name - 7169 achievements - cannot explain those extra 24
  • TA - 7081 achievements - but when I looked at my earned achievements and filtered to Apps only, I had 64. 7081 + 64 = 7145
  • Xbox - using the Achievements tab on my xbox.com profile, I found a fairly simple way to do this but it seems WAY off. I came up with 5599 but I don't know if it counted all of the WP games. Some of them showed on my list but had 0/0 for achievements. According to TA, I have 1366 WP achievements. 1366 + 5599 = 6965 which still leaves 180 unaccounted for.

So, I'm thinking APP achievements may account for the difference between TA and other sites.

All this being said though, when I viewed all of my earned achievements on TA for both Games and Apps, the count was 7133, even though the math says 7145. I can't explain that difference of 12. The Games only list had 7069, so there are 12 not on the list but counted by TA somewhere. I have 231 offline, so that doesn't add up. Not sure... Feels like a phone game somewhere not labeled as App or Game on TA...

My opinion is that GTN, Exophase and even TA are right - who knows what the heck Xbox.com is showing me.
Last edited 01-31-2019 at 06:37 PM by jeffmomm.
So, filtering to apps only on TA, I have 41 unlocked achievements, which is the difference between the 3,905 on here and the 3,864 on TA. Still doesn't explain the difference of 127 additional that appear when comparing the total next to my forum posts on this site to the total on the achievement tab on my profile or the extra 107 that TA has over my total from Xbox.com, since my Windows Phone games are counted on the Xbox website.
Agreed - I cannot explain the difference between the GTN total on forum posts to the GTN achievements page. That feels like a bug to me on the site that Eric or one of the staff would have to fix.

And I have no way to explain the differences on Xbox.com except to say it has to be way off since 3 other sources (TA, Exophase and GTN Achievements page) all match.

(Edit - FYI - I found why my TA list was off by 12. FIFA 14 (WP) is on My Games list but none of the achievements show up in My Achievements list. I contacted TA about it. Seems like it is flagged wrong somewhere.)
(Edit 2 - the problem with my FIFA 14 (WP) is that I selected "Hide from My Games and Session Calendar" option in TA. For whatever reason, it would still show up under My Games, but not under My Achievements. Once I unhid it, then my achievement count match up exactly right.)
Last edited 02-01-2019 at 03:45 PM by jeffmomm.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account