Xur details for this weekend

Destiny

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Xur is currently located in the Hall of Guardians (lower central tower), on the right side behind Ikora Rey.
This week he's offering the following;
Saint-14 (Helmet) (Titan) - 13 Strange Coins
Achlophage Simbiote (Helmet) (Hunter) - 13 Strange Coins
Sunbreakers (Gauntlets) (Warlock) - 13 Strange Coins
Red Death (Pulse Rifle) - 23 Strange Coins
Exotic Engram (Helmet) - 23 Motes of Light
Scout Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Sniper Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Rocket Launcher Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Emerald Coil Vehicle Upgrade - 23 Strange Coins
Stealth Drive Vehicle Upgrade - 23 Strange Coins
Heavy Ammo Synthesis - 1 Strange Coin

Figures it would be a pulse rifle this week, since I'm currently working on the Bad Juju (pulse rifle) exotic bounty. Wink I picked up the first helmet, even thought I'm not totally sold on the perks from it. I also picked up the Scout rifle telemetry, to boost how quickly my Legendary scout rifle upgrades.
Xur is currently located in the Hall of Guardians (lower central tower), on the right side behind Ikora Rey.
This week he's offering the following;
Saint-14 (Helmet) (Titan) - 13 Strange Coins
Achlophage Simbiote (Helmet) (Hunter) - 13 Strange Coins
Sunbreakers (Gauntlets) (Warlock) - 13 Strange Coins
Red Death (Pulse Rifle) - 23 Strange Coins
Exotic Engram (Helmet) - 23 Motes of Light
Scout Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Sniper Rifle Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Rocket Launcher Telemetry - 1 Strange Coin
Emerald Coil Vehicle Upgrade - 23 Strange Coins
Stealth Drive Vehicle Upgrade - 23 Strange Coins
Heavy Ammo Synthesis - 1 Strange Coin

Figures it would be a pulse rifle this week, since I'm currently working on the Bad Juju (pulse rifle) exotic bounty. Wink I picked up the first helmet, even thought I'm not totally sold on the perks from it. I also picked up the Scout rifle telemetry, to boost how quickly my Legendary scout rifle upgrades.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I wish he sold ascendant shards. I could turn in my motes for a helmet to break down, but I think I'd be better off trading in my vanguard marks.

I just wonder how much those boosters really boost advancement.
I actually got 4x Ascendant Shards in a few hours this afternoon. Just need 3 more to fully upgrade my chest armor. Got a Legendary engram that turned into 2x shards, 1x for completing first social event of the day, and another 1x when I killed a tank. Also got another Legendary engram that was 2x Ascendant Energy. I think that's now 7x Legendary engrams without receiving one piece of Legendary gear. Smile
I wish he was selling something else for Titan. I found that helmet on my own from an engram, and it was funny having people come up to stare at me during public events because they hadn't seen it before.
Tough break for Warlocks, though; that's the third time they've had that exotic for sale.
This weekend...

Xur can be found in the Hall of Guardians this weekend, just to the right of the Vanguard Mentors’ table. You have from now until 2AM PDT on Sunday October 26 to buy from him.

Here’s what he has on offer this weekend.

The Armamentarium [Exotic Titan chest armour] – 13SC
Crest of Alpha Lupi [Exotic Hunter chest armour] – 13SC
Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] – 13SC
Suros Regime [Exotic auto rifle] – 23SC
Exotic Engram [gauntlets] – 23MoL
Will probably buy the exotic gauntlet engram, hopefully I get lucky and get one for my Hunter, since it's the only non-legendary item on my three characters. Of course, then I'd still need a legendary helmet to be able to use it, since he's only got an exotic helmet right now. Pretty sure I've got enough motes of light to buy 2 of them at this point. Might buy the Suros auto rifle too; It's supposed to be the best auto rifle in the game from what I've read. I've already got a lot of autos though, as well as a fully upgraded scout rifle. I also just got an awesome legendary pulse rifle last night, and a legendary heavy machine gun. I might just hold onto my coins though and see if there's something better next week. Here's my total stock so far, spread between the 3 characters;

Primaries
3x Legendary auto rifles
1x Legendary pulse rifle
1x Legendary scout rifle
1x Exotic pulse rifle (Bad Juju)
1x Exotic auto rifle (Hard Liight)

Secondaries
1x Legendary shotgun (void damage)
1x Legendary fusion rifle (void damage)
3x Exotic shotguns (all Invective - solar damage)
1x Exotic fusion rifle (Pocket Infinity, full auto - almost done bounty for a 2nd one - solar damage)
1x Exotic sniper rifle (Icebreaker - solar damage)
plus a few rare shotguns and snipers that do void damage

Heavies
2x Legendary rocket launchers (1x each solar and arc damage)
1x Legendary heavy machine gun (solar damage)
3x Rare rocket launchers (all void damage)

A few of these I keep in the vault for whichever guy needs them at the time for strikes or raids, the rest are spread around. I should really narrow it down a little and break down the extras for the energy.

For anyone wondering, here's the 5 top rated exotic weapons in the game (which I still don't have any of);
http://teambeyond.net/top-5-exotic-weapons/
The Titan chest armor is awesome, for anyone still needing and exotic for their Titan. The extra grenade, plus more ammo capacity for secondary and heavy weapons comes in really handy. I'll probably be grabbing one of the snipers, even if just to try it out.
I already found two of the Patience and Time, and I'm not impressed. The cloak takes almost as long to kick in as the Hunter's crouching cloak, and there's little reason for you to be scoped in that long. Enemy AI always tries to get cover as soon as you point at them, and in pvp your red light is still visible to others.
I would say save your money unless you really need an arc sniper rifle for something.
I already found two of the Patience and Time, and I'm not impressed. The cloak takes almost as long to kick in as the Hunter's crouching cloak, and there's little reason for you to be scoped in that long. Enemy AI always tries to get cover as soon as you point at them, and in pvp your red light is still visible to others.
I would say save your money unless you really need an arc sniper rifle for something.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Thanks for the info, maybe I'll hold off then. I've got an Icebreaker already which is awesome, but didn't have an Arc sniper. I'll probably just pick up a good Legendary one instead. I've got a lot of coins, but doesn't hurt to keep them in hopes of Gjallahorn going on sale at some point.
I have a lot too, but I'm going to be more frugal now, especially since stats can be different on the armors. For example, this Lucky Raspberry has 140+ points while the last one for sale only had about 110.
I missed out on the Ice Breaker, though. Hope to see it again.
Bought one anyway, since I've got so many coins and they just keep giving me more. Plus having 3x lvl 28+ I can earn at least 27 more per week via weekly strikes on max. Broke down all of my doubles/triples of exotics for the energy. I had 2-3 of quite a few (one for each character) so I wouldn't need to use the vault as much, but found I had to go there every time I switched anyway, so easier to go back to having them share most of the weapons and just concentrate on upgrading those with the extra energy.
Xur location and sale items this weekend

You can find Xur in the ship hangar. Take a right as you arrive at The Tower, then take another right as you enter the hangar. He will be at The Tower until 2AM PDT on Sunday, November 9.

And finally, here’s everything he’s offering this weekend.

Crest of Alpha Lupi [Exotic Titan chest armour] – 13SC
Mask of the Third Man [Exotic Hunter helmet] – 13SC
Sunbreakers [Exotic Warlock gauntlets] – 13SC
Truth [Exotic rocket launcher] – 17SC
Exotic Engram [helmet] – 23MoL
Now that I have so much equipment, I find it hard to get excited about these sales... He needs to start selling some Raid gear and steep prices.
I'll pick up the Truth, since I don't have a really good Void rocket launcher. Still waiting on the Gjallahorn so I can grab one of those too, but it's Solar anyway. Nothing else for me this week.
Spotting Xur in the Tower shouldn’t be too difficult – he’s in the Hangar basement. All you need to do is follow the stairs (beneath the Future War Cult representative) all the way down through the Hangar and Xur will be hiding in a little lounge area.

As far as his selection is concerned, it appears Xur has broken the pattern by offering yet another completely new exotic in the MIDA Multi-Tool, an exotic scout rifle. We know some may scoff at the Multi-Tool, but this one is unique in that it adds bonus agility in addition to offering quick movement speed, a hair trigger and an active radar while aiming.

Armor-wise, Xur has a treat for Titans and Hunters with the release of No Backup Plans and Young Ahamkara’s Spine. It’s been a healthy rotation of helmets and chests for both those classes – Titans especially – so it’s nice to see something totally different show up.

For a full rundown of Xur’s items and prices see the list below:

No Backup Plans (Titan Gauntlets) – 13 Strange Coins
Young Ahamkara’s Spine (Hunter Gauntlets) – 13 Strange Coins
Voidfang Vestments (Warlock Chest Armor) – 13 Strange Coins
MIDA Multi-Tool (Scout Rifle) – 23 Strange Coins
Exotic Helm Engram – 23 Motes of Light

It seems like every week we have a discussion over whether or not Xur is worth the trouble of collecting more Strange Coins (by braving the high difficulty Weekly Heroic Strike) and some weeks he delivers, but recently he has dissappointed. The good news is that with The Dark Below expansion right around the corner the potential of Xur offering even more new items grows manifold. We haven’t heard from Bungie whether the DLC’s new gear will be a part of Xur’s selection, but we sure hope so. There are only so many times a Titan like myself can see the Armamentarium show up before we start to lose hope.

I finally had a stroke of good luck, for once! I scooped the Multi-Tool, which gave me a chubby when I gave it a test drive, then I went and ran a weekly heroic with a friend on our alts since he needed a few coins. While running that, I scooped up a mote of light giving me 23. We go back to the tower and I grab an exo-engram from Xur and it decodes to the Knucklehead Radar helm. I needed an exo helm for my Hunter since everything else is legendary and I was still running a rare/blue helm...and strangely enough, it decoded to the helmet I wanted most (active radar while ADS on all primary weapons? YES, please!) So for the first time in a couple/few hundred hours of playing this game, I got exactly what I wanted/needed
Xur details for this weekend; sadly no Gjallahorn, but an arc fusion rifle I may buy, since I don't own one yet. He's in the middle lower tower near the Crucible Quartermaster.

PLAN C Exotic Fusion Rifle (Arc damage) 17 coins
The Armamentarium (Titan Chest Armor) 13 coins
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter Chest Armor) 13 coins
Voidfang Vestments (Warlock Voidwalker Chest Armor) 13 coins
as well as the usual Telemetry packs and upgrades for sparrows.

If anyone doesn't have the Armamentarium yet (it's been on sale a few times), it's still one of my favorite pieces for my Titan, with the extra grenade and heavy ammo coming in really handy. The only piece of raid armor my Warlock has is the chest piece, but I may buy the Voidfang anyway just to have it, since I have a large surplus of coins at this point (over 100).
I wonder why the weapon is only 17 this week. Glad to have it, though.
I got Plan C is a raid drop so I passed on that one. Bought a couple chest pieces and broke them down for shards though.
Xur is in the hanger this week (right side tower), to the right after heading down the stairs. The usual repeats this week for goods;

Plan C Exotic Fusion Rifle Arc Damage 17 Coins
Helm of Inmost Light Titan Striker Helm 13 Coins
Young Ahamkara’s Spine Hunter Gunslinger Gauntlet 13 Coins
Light Beyond Nemesis Warlock Helm 13 Coins
Exotic Shard 7 Coins
Pulse Rifle Telemetry x5 1 Coin
Hand Cannon Telemetry x5 1 Coin
Machine Gun Telemetry x5 1 Coin
Void Drive Vehicle Upgrade Legendary 23 Coins
Stealth Drive Vehicle Upgrade Legendary 23 Coins
Heavy Ammo Synth x5 1 Coin

Sadly, he just had the Plan C and I've got all of these except the Titan Helm, which I may buy. It's awesome for the Stiker. I may buy a few Exotic Shards as well, since they'll be needed sooner or later anyway.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account