Looking for honest opinions on Ark

ARK: Survival Evolved

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

This game is currently on sale about half off $17. It looks interesting but also very boring. Anyone played and what's your opinion? It seems like it starts too long to get to the good stuff, so compared to other types of games like this how long does it take to grow your character. Is the menu system too much?
I have played Ark, but only on PC. The game is the usual survival type game, and takes a little getting used to. I enjoyed it, but it is slightly tedious. World exploration was limited due to player upkeep. The controls were a lot at first, however after about 20 minutes you should have the hang of it all. If you like open world survival it's a very good game. I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches, only minimal frustration as I got railed by dinosaurs. I purchased it on sale as well for about that price and I'd say it's worth it.
I don't buy BETAs. This game has been on sale for PC for over a year, and has now been ported to consoles, and it still calls itself a "Game Preview" and in the description, the first statement is that it is a work in progress. So, no, I skipped it.
‎Awesome game, Ride prehistoric animal and breed them one thing since I was a child I wanted.‎
Same as futiles, I don't do early access titles, especially since most of them don't even make it to full release.
I had heard it was poorly optimized a while back, but that was before console release, so I don't know if it has improved since then.
Thank you all for the feed back, im still on the fence about this. Curious, you say its Beta yet it has a full 1g for the achievements, not saying that anyone is wrong, but why would MS allow a Beta to have full achievement support? I know they have given betas some achievements, I think Gears, Halo or Destiny was allowed to have achievements prior to release, but I'm not certain. What I'm saying is those were considered AAA titles and had the backing and it was a pretty much a done deal, but this game you say has been in development for that long and now has achievements...just weird. Or maybe its me just over thinking that.
There are many games now that are put up for sale while they are still being worked on, especially by indie developers. Steam calls it Early Access, Microsoft calls it Game Preview, but whatever you call it, it's all the same concept. Even using the terms Alpha or Beta to describe them anymore is a grey area because these titles could be at any stage of development.
Although it can be a good way for a developer to get feedback and ultimately improve the finished product, there is still a very real risk that you will pay for the game and never actually see it finished.
Well it does have an easy 800+ :gs: (yes it's kind of a cheat) the only one that is time consuming is locating all the data notes but as there are guides for that the last is for all achievements.

Other than that what's been said is true it's a survival game with dinosaurs and dragons, where you can soar in the air or explore the ocean depths find caves and explore the forrest.
If playing this game straight well it will take a lot of time since you need to manage your temp (too hot/ cold) and eat food plus nearly everything will kill you

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account