completion percentage vs starting games

Gaming Chat

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Completion % or new games

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 39 (61.90%) Get of your lazy arse and complete some games.

× 24 (38.10%) Stop slacking and start your unplayed games.

• Added 12-10-2016 10:21 AM
  • 63 votes
  • Votes are public
Ok, getting back to 40% completion or start a bunch of games from my backlog that I'll probably never complete. Not really much of a choice Big Grin
I have a box full of unstarted games, not to mention the digital games that I haven't started. But I have so many in progress games that I just can't bring myself to start them until I finish a few... at least until the new South Park arrives....
Both! Start a new one and at least get to 40% complete in the game. If it's an easy completion, get it done. Then jump into the backlog pile and do some cleaning up.
I'm sorry? 40%?!? My wife made me get to 70% before I could start anything new!
Well I say that variety is the spice of life. I always start games and then I can figure out which ones are worth more if my time. Them again you answered your own question in your post, so it looks like your mind is already made up no matter what anyone says.
I have such a huge backlog of games but want to try and cleanup some of the ones I have already sunk time in. I have been starting a few new ones the last couple of weeks. Kind of got burnt out or in a slump with gaming so just trying to find something to get me going again to close out the year.
This thread has inspired me to do something. Next year I'm only going to play games I already own. I have 120+ Xbox 1 games, 200+ arcade games and probably another 100+ X360 games I own but haven't started. 2017 is going to be my year of playing old games.
This thread has inspired me to do something. Next year I'm only going to play games I already own. I have 120+ Xbox 1 games, 200+ arcade games and probably another 100+ X360 games I own but haven't started. 2017 is going to be my year of playing old games.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I always play games I already own. I buy it, download it, and play it, in that order. So, by the time I play it, I already own it. What are you doing otherwise? Trial games?

Man, Kaens, you are weird...
I would work on getting your completion percentage up more. Starting some new games and completing those should help as well as going back to some older games and trying to get more achievements from them. Smile
I choose option 3: "Only play the ones that make you happy"

Give them a test drive and only complete the ones you enjoy (or bad ones that are quick completions). It's highly unlikely that having a high completion percentage will ever get you laid, nor are you likely to ever use it on a resume. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy completing games as much as the next (normal) guy but if you start playing just to maintain nerd-cred within our little gaming circles, you'll eventually burn out and gaming will become a chore when it's supposed to be a source of enjoyment/entertainment.
This won't last past 3 months...

Anyhow, completions are only for those people who hate themselves(this isn't directed at you Kaens).

Play the games you want to play....
This won't last past 3 months...

Anyhow, completions are only for those people who hate themselves(this isn't directed at you Kaens).

Play the games you want to play....
Originally Posted by Fshguy
My mistake, I forgot Kaens is going to play Neverwinter for the next 3 months...
My mistake, I forgot Kaens is going to play Neverwinter for the next 3 months...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I still have 9 months of VIP left! So I want to point out, that playing NW is perfectly in line with my 2017 "goal" of only playing games I already own. Just saying.
I still have 9 months of VIP left! So I want to point out, that playing NW is perfectly in line with my 2017 "goal" of only playing games I already own. Just saying.
And it's a good*game. My wife really enjoys it.
I plan to start NW next week. I'm going to add you for someone else to play with.
I thought I started NW and I even thought I had an achievement in it, but or some reason GTN hasn't picked it up.. I'm going to go back and check on my box now but if you guys want a third for some of your parties I would love to help out, since it seems like I'm getting more game time these days now.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account